• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Really happy for you, pas130. I think you are going to fall in love with BC! I know I did the first time I stayed there. Walking over to World Showcase is INCREDIBLE, especially the first time you ever do it :dancer:
I've never stayed CL at BC but it sounds like it's really fabulous now that they've expanded the lounge. Have you listened to the Disunplugged podcast and their most recent WDW 7 in 7 resort review? They have an episode all about the BC from February :surfweb: Pete said the service was "impeccable" and that they gutted three guest rooms to expand the CL lounge :thumbsup2

I've got standard view booked at the Poly so I feel like I'll get my money's worth for sure this summer. TBH, I keep checking on CL availability but I'm mostly just happy to be booked in the cheapest room :jumping3: My D and niece are looking forward to being OUT of school and enjoying carefree days at WDW together :grouphug:. We are counting down the days!

Jealous of your 2016 planning! :laughing:
I was eyeing up Lagoon View CL at Poly, and BWI CL, but I am not changing.....mostly because my DH and kids caught me on the site...they are onto me :teeth: I did hear the review of BC CL and I LOVE to hear reviews like that! My kids have already fallen in love with BC :) Thank you for the vote of confidence.....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are going to have a great trip, the castle from the Poly pool how can you beat that?? You can't!

I glad i found this board. I have swithed about 15 times since i first started the booking process about a month ago. I have gone from the YC to the BC then to CBR and it goes on and on. Then DH and DS throw a wrench into the vacation and want to have QS dining and go to universal. Needless to say ive deside that POP is our resort this time around. With all the add-ons that the boys keep wanting to do, it seems like the best opition. I think....
One year we started off a week at GF and a week Poly both CL and ended up at Pop and Universal. We had the BEST time! I cannot complain about Pop whatsoever, Pop rocks!! The have a great food court for QS dining as well :)

Haha, sounds like us. We've started at POFQ, then switched to Pop to save $$, then switched to WL/BC/back to Pop and now CBR! With not too much longer, we should stay put.

(...in theory...) ;)
Always in theory...LOL Doesn't stop us from looking though :)

This board is comforting, I'm not as bad as I thought, some of you are much worse:rotfl2: We decided to skip Disney in 2015 and do a total universal trip ( yeah right, it always next year we all skip). So I booked universals RPR for spring break this year. Then I switched it to 1/2 RPR and 1/2 nick hotel ( i know...). Then I started reading reviews and decided to just book universals HRH. Then something came up and we had to cancel spring break all together and move yo fall, but DD and her BF( who has NEVER been to disney:scared1:) say they want Disney, and the rest of the family agrees, so we book 2 rooms at ASMO for thanksgiving and got a 20% SOG discount. But then.....free dining is rumored for our dates if we check in by the 19th, so we cancel that and book CSR with FD in two rooms, we figure is still slightly cheaper than paying for 6 people to eat. But we really wanted CBR but it wasn't available. Until.......last week so we switched to CBR water view. I am content and sure we will stay put now ( unless of course standard rooms open):rotfl:
We did a total Universal trip and it took me years to get back to Disney. Universal resorts can really spoil you, but it's not WDW, right? Lots of CBR love on the thread today :sunny:

I love Universal as much as Disney, and because we often do longer trips we can do both. Trouble is that the tickets for both are very expensive. We got a park-to-park ticket in March just to do the Hogwarts Express and it bumped the price up considerably.

I would love to stay at the Royal Pacific again.

This board is comforting, I'm not as bad as I thought, some of you are much worse:rotfl2: ...

So funny! And I totally agree :flower1: Enjoy CBR! :beach:

I was eyeing up Lagoon View CL at Poly, and BWI CL, but I am not changing.....mostly because my DH and kids caught me on the site...they are onto me :teeth: I did hear the review of BC CL and I LOVE to hear reviews like that! My kids have already fallen in love with BC :) Thank you for the vote of confidence.....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are going to have a great trip, the castle from the Poly pool how can you beat that?? You can't!

Hilarious about your family "catching" you :laughing:
Thanks about my trip. Very excited. So much fun to be in the planning and anticipation stage! :jumping1:

I love Universal as much as Disney, and because we often do longer trips we can do both. Trouble is that the tickets for both are very expensive. We got a park-to-park ticket in March just to do the Hogwarts Express and it bumped the price up considerably.

For our 5 year anniversary trip next year, we will be going to Universal. The RP looks amazing!!

We have stayed at all three Universal resorts, and I loved RPR however the new décor doesn't do it for me. That said, I have also said that about the Poly and GF...HAHA We bought APs for WDW and US, let me tell you that for a family of 7 I could've bought a car. However I won't have to buy tickets next year at least....

Hilarious about your family "catching" you :laughing:
Thanks about my trip. Very excited. So much fun to be in the planning and anticipation stage! :jumping1:
I am hopeless :) However, the closest I came to a change was to RPC at GF. For the extra money I didn't have to spend I could book a CL suite at Hard Rock so it's all good!

For our 5 year anniversary trip next year, we will be going to Universal. The RP looks amazing!!
I have to put in a suggestion of Portofino Bay AHHHHH-mazing!!

Wow! I haven't been here in ages! How is everyone?

It's been nearly a year since we were at WDW but we did go on a DCL cruise in April and rebooked for next April.

I'm hoping to book flights down for October today. There are no discounts right now for my dates so I'm trying to decide what I want to do about that.

I saw mention a couple pages back about charges when you change your length of stay? What is the new policy?

I added a night at RPR for our Universal days-way cheaper to just stay onsite than buying EP for 5-and I had all these bonus Orbucks from booking our Disney stay just begging to be used....
We too are doing a longer trip this year to get both Disney, Universal and some resort downtime in...but boy oh boy for the cost of tickets (even though we got them before price increase, and I got cash back from going through Ebates) I could have put hardwood floors in my house! But-the house will be here-the kids keep getting older and we would rather spend for memories than things:)

Wow! I haven't been here in ages! How is everyone?

It's been nearly a year since we were at WDW but we did go on a DCL cruise in April and rebooked for next April.

I'm hoping to book flights down for October today. There are no discounts right now for my dates so I'm trying to decide what I want to do about that.

I saw mention a couple pages back about charges when you change your length of stay? What is the new policy?
Hey girl!! :hug: I'm going to suggest a certain TA for you who may have October discounts. There's no charges I don't think but the discount has to be available when you change. For instance if you booked BC for 6 nights and want to change to 4 and the discounted rooms are sold out you are stuck. My advice is to book the flights first :)

I added a night at RPR for our Universal days-way cheaper to just stay onsite than buying EP for 5-and I had all these bonus Orbucks from booking our Disney stay just begging to be used....
We too are doing a longer trip this year to get both Disney, Universal and some resort downtime in...but boy oh boy for the cost of tickets (even though we got them before price increase, and I got cash back from going through Ebates) I could have put hardwood floors in my house! But-the house will be here-the kids keep getting older and we would rather spend for memories than things:)
Great news, I love the onsite perks at Universal!! YAY for Orbucks! I actually offered to drop CL at both WDW and Universal since I spent so much on APs and DH said no...this is our most Epic trip yet :)

So, I have a question for you all (and it's not relating to a resort change... ;) )...

We have a room only reservation at ASSp for one night prior to our package at CBR. People have said that when you check in online (which we will be doing) and set your arrival time for 6am, the system automatically has your dining plan and tickets ready for use and you wouldn't need to go to CBR until you were ready. I'm feeling pretty uneasy about this and I would like to go early the following day and check in. Would this be a little redundant? The idea is great, but I'm not totally confident in it working for us. Does anyone have personal experience with this?

So, I have a question for you all (and it's not relating to a resort change... ;) )...

We have a room only reservation at ASSp for one night prior to our package at CBR. People have said that when you check in online (which we will be doing) and set your arrival time for 6am, the system automatically has your dining plan and tickets ready for use and you wouldn't need to go to CBR until you were ready. I'm feeling pretty uneasy about this and I would like to go early the following day and check in. Would this be a little redundant? The idea is great, but I'm not totally confident in it working for us. Does anyone have personal experience with this?
I personally don't, but I did OCI last year and they had the wrong credit card on file so I would be hesitant as well.

I hate not having a ticker!!! Can't wait for the 2016 rates to come out and fingers crossed for the military discount!!

Hope all of you ladies are doing well. :)
Hi Candace! I hear you on the no ticker, but I know 2016 rates will be out soon plus they HAVE to extend the military discount. If only I did Swan/Dolphin I could use the nurse discount :) Maybe we will both actually do the Poly next year ;)

I personally don't, but I did OCI last year and they had the wrong credit card on file so I would be hesitant as well.

Hi Candace! I hear you on the no ticker, but I know 2016 rates will be out soon plus they HAVE to extend the military discount. If only I did Swan/Dolphin I could use the nurse discount :) Maybe we will both actually do the Poly next year ;)

Hubby says it has to be the Poly next year, LOL, so we shall see....

I see you are holding strong at BC....very proud of you!!!

I can't believe I held that CR reservation from start to finish - we'll see what happens this time!

Hubby says it has to be the Poly next year, LOL, so we shall see....

I see you are holding strong at BC....very proud of you!!!

I can't believe I held that CR reservation from start to finish - we'll see what happens this time!
I have been checking out Poly, but you know how I get with construction :rolleyes1 First GF now Poly...two years in a row :sad: I am still at BC, but don't think I haven't looked...DH and DD10 are adamant it's BC or bust. Which is all good, I've got the snack room...and APs so if I keep hubby happy there are more trips in the near future! And just think, your DS will sleep through the night on your next visit (hopefully) :cloud9: I am very proud of you!!! CR with ZERO changes, right?

I have been checking out Poly, but you know how I get with construction :rolleyes1 First GF now Poly...two years in a row :sad: I am still at BC, but don't think I haven't looked...DH and DD10 are adamant it's BC or bust. Which is all good, I've got the snack room...and APs so if I keep hubby happy there are more trips in the near future! And just think, your DS will sleep through the night on your next visit (hopefully) :cloud9: I am very proud of you!!! CR with ZERO changes, right?
There were ZERO changes on that reservation - from when I booked in July to our trip in April - crazy!!!

I am hoping that by April 2016 or definitely August 2016 (haven't decided which we will do) the construction will be 99% done.

Yeah, it will be nice if DS is sleeping through the night by then...as of right now....not yet...

:rotfl2::rotfl::dancer:party:LOL. I can so totally relate to this:laughing:

There were ZERO changes on that reservation - from when I booked in July to our trip in April - crazy!!!

:worship:you're good!

We are currently booked for 5 nights at PORS in a royal Room and I'm seriously considering switching to a little mermaid room at Art of Animation:
This will be my almost 3 year old's first trip and I think she would love the larger than life theming of the resort. Everything from the pool to the rooms to big character statues just screams Disney and I think it will really feel magical.
We have free dining in our royal room which isn't available for a LM room so the cost is almost the exact same for both...
Any input from veteran Disney goers?
I think I'm most interested in if there's truly any benefit between PORS and AoA in regards to travel time to and from the parks. I've heard the walk to the food court is long but I don't think even the highball average of 10 minutes is THAt far... My daughter will be in a stroller so I'm not super worried about her legs getting tired!
Any input is appreciated!

We are currently booked for 5 nights at PORS in a royal Room and I'm seriously considering switching to a little mermaid room at Art of Animation:
This will be my almost 3 year old's first trip and I think she would love the larger than life theming of the resort. Everything from the pool to the rooms to big character statues just screams Disney and I think it will really feel magical.
We have free dining in our royal room which isn't available for a LM room so the cost is almost the exact same for both...
I think I'm most interested in if there's truly any benefit between PORS and AoA in regards to travel time to and from the parks. I've heard the walk to the food court is long but I don't think even the highball average of 10 minutes is THAt far... My daughter will be in a stroller so I'm not super worried about her legs getting tired!

I haven't stayed at AoA but I'd like to at least once.
Having said that, I would keep the royal room for sure, especially since you have the FD with it, and since you have a little princess princess:
POR is very lovely and relaxing - but you'll get the rich theming in the room (the RR, at least). Your daughter will LOVE it.

But if you have looked at lots of photos and still want AoA, you should go for it :dumbo:

Dis POR pics: http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/1422

easywdw AoA/LMM room review: http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/art-of-animation-resort-little-mermaid-room-review/

Good luck!

Hello all! :yay:
I am so behind but love seeing some of the trips shaping up! Pas - I think you'll love BC. Piglet - thinking happy baby thoughts for the new year and happy Disney thoughts for your trip! Mouse - just another month and they should release the military rates!!! Steve at the military disney blog is usually pretty close on when it will come out so just stalk his page regularly!

FWIW, I would keep POR -RR not only because you got FD which is AMAZING at a moderate (and so hard to get at POR) but if you are worried about dragging a sleepy 3 year old, the LM rooms at AoA are FAR from everything. My friend went with her 6, 4, and 1 year olds and was literally in tears the first night because they had to walk so far. She thinks AoA is a fantastic resort to visit but the room theming wasn't worth it for the late night treks. Maybe spend a few hours at the resort one day? Or plan for it when your little one is less likely to need a ride in your arms? I think you'll enjoy POR - the resort is beautiful and the upgraded dining plan with a moderate worth it tenfold! We did it at Christmas with CSR and it was the perfect vacation!

*~*
The hubby has been back in the states for the last three weeks but FINALLY returns soon! Of course, he'll be a zombie when he first gets home (time zones and datelines will do that to you) but once he's back I plan to totally get some time off mentally.

Heading to Tokyo Disney in 3 weeks!!! 2 days at DisneySea, one at TDL. My neighbor helped me book and ADR (easier to find someone who speaks Japanese than for me to struggle with my limited vocabulary right now!) - are doing lunch at DisneySea at the Sailing Day Buffet... I read about it on the Disney Tourist Blog and it looks interesting. Still trying to decide if we want to book a meal at one of the resorts for lunch on our second day... imagine that, I am undecided and may change something. :rolleyes1

Hope all the teachers are ready for the end of school and the parents are ready for the kids to be done - I both want and don't want DD7 to be out of school... at least she has a ton of friends here that she can play with and we have some great trips lined up this summer.

*HUGS* to all and have a great Friday!

We have never stayed at AoA, but would love to! Problem is we are too big for the suites (7 total). I prefer the theming and pools at AoA to POR, that said POR is beautiful although I have never stayed there. The boat to DtD is a huge help in having a variety of food and just places to walk around outside the parks. Free dining PLUS! The rooms and beds are bigger at POR, another plus. The only negative to POR is the internal bus so it may take longer getting to the parks. I think the Royal rooms are in a preferred section though, closer to food and pools I think. Either way your trip will be amazing I think :)
Hello all! :yay:
I am so behind but love seeing some of the trips shaping up! Pas - I think you'll love BC. Piglet - thinking happy baby thoughts for the new year and happy Disney thoughts for your trip! Mouse - just another month and they should release the military rates!!! Steve at the military disney blog is usually pretty close on when it will come out so just stalk his page regularly!

*HUGS* to all and have a great Friday!
:hug: nice to see you! And I look forward to your overseas TR from Tokyo :) I am very excited fro BC, but you know it's in my nature to look!! Once DS14's performance band schedule comes out I'd love to book our December trip (that DH doesn't know about)...all I know is DS14 gets to go to Disney so we should go too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter