Are you averse to the 'new' 5-day pass only? Please read and comment...

I am so happy that someone posted this thread. I like many have been FUMING over this whole situation. I am a 5 hour plane ride away from Disneyland. I like to spend as many days as I can at Disney and I feel like I am being laughed at. I got one of the last 8 day hoppers for my upcoming trip, but I wont be making Disney my #1 trip anymore until something is done. I have also passed out this link on Facebook and my blogs. Hopefully with everyone here we can put the word out to as many as we can and get them to tell all their friends and family.

I am so happy that someone posted this thread. I like many have been FUMING over this whole situation. I am a 5 hour plane ride away from Disneyland. I like to spend as many days as I can at Disney and I feel like I am being laughed at. I got one of the last 8 day hoppers for my upcoming trip, but I wont be making Disney my #1 trip anymore until something is done. I have also passed out this link on Facebook and my blogs. Hopefully with everyone here we can put the word out to as many as we can and get them to tell all their friends and family.

Where did you buy 8 day hoppers? I thought you could only buy 6 day hoppers and upgrade them to 8 days when you got there.

Where did you buy 8 day hoppers? I thought you could only buy 6 day hoppers and upgrade them to 8 days when you got there.

I used to buy them at Flight Center. Get Away Today used to have them as well. Anywhere from 2-8 day passes. If I could even buy a 6 day that would be alright as well. But if they could bring everything back I wouldnt object. I voiced my concern on behalf of the 6 to 8 days. Even if they brought them back and increased the prices slightly. It would beat spending over $1000 on extra park passes to go for those few extra days since I couldnt add on additional days when at the park.

I do not see how Disney figures 5 days is enough for the people that are making a vacation destination out of DLR. Especially with the new Carsland and CA renos.

We got the 6 day when we booked back in April. I changed our reservation slightly before we paid the balance and had to go through hoops to keep the 6 day. The Cast members were MORE than helpful and I really should clarify they were the ones jumping through hoops for me. It just was not an easy process and we were ready to keep our original reservation if it meant losing the 6 day PH.

Now we had really wanted to add an extra day or two when we arrived..we are there for 8 nights. We are planning one day to Universal (even though we said we would not go again after our first trip 2 1/2 years ago!:laughing:) We thought we would go the first evening we arrive for a few hours and fireworks and possibly a couple hours after Universal.....we figure we will be done there mid-afternoon. But it is not worth shelling out $$$$$ for the extra 2 evenings.

We will watch the fireworks from our hotel the first night....but I know the kids will be BURSTING to go. We are driving from British Columbia......it's a long haul- 14 hours the first day and 8 the second. And our kids have been saving for this trip for over a year. Watching the fireworks from the hotel balcony is going to be like dangling that carrot for one more painful night! lol

I just got a response to my email. I'm officially confused.
Here is is:

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort.

I believe your referring to Disneyland ticket media. Please call Walt
Disney World Reservation Center @ 407-529-4637, and they would be happy
to go over our ticketing options, which include 1 thru 10 day options.

We apologize for the inconvenience, you can also visit
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com.

Should you have additional questions, please contact us again by
replying to this message. Be sure to include your full name, order
number, and e-mail address for future correspondence.

Sincerely,

Eden xxxxxx
Disney Ticket Services

Eddygirl said:
I do not see how Disney figures 5 days is enough for the people that are making a vacation destination out of DLR. Especially with the new Carsland and CA renos.

We got the 6 day when we booked back in April. I changed our reservation slightly before we paid the balance and had to go through hoops to keep the 6 day. The Cast members were MORE than helpful and I really should clarify they were the ones jumping through hoops for me. It just was not an easy process and we were ready to keep our original reservation if it meant losing the 6 day PH.

Now we had really wanted to add an extra day or two when we arrived..we are there for 8 nights. We are planning one day to Universal (even though we said we would not go again after our first trip 2 1/2 years ago!:laughing:) We thought we would go the first evening we arrive for a few hours and fireworks and possibly a couple hours after Universal.....we figure we will be done there mid-afternoon. But it is not worth shelling out $$$$$ for the extra 2 evenings.

We will watch the fireworks from our hotel the first night....but I know the kids will be BURSTING to go. We are driving from British Columbia......it's a long haul- 14 hours the first day and 8 the second. And our kids have been saving for this trip for over a year. Watching the fireworks from the hotel balcony is going to be like dangling that carrot for one more painful night! lol

That's the boat we are in as well. I was hoping to go in, sort out my annual pass ( we get just one for discounts) and wander leisurely the first night. We'll be doing the Lego store and build a bear instead.

I am sad every time I read about someone's situation and why it is important for them to be able to spend more days in the Disney Parks at a reasonable rate. I am relieved this time you got the 8 day pass. It is very frustrating, I agree. Thank you for sharing this link with friends and family, this will help to get word out there. It is apparent not everyone knows about this new ticket policy, too, so the more that learn of it, the faster resolution will come, I think.

Expedia.but I looked it up and it's only available for a certain time. Maybe they are going to cancel it too.

I certainly hope that they won't cancel the 14 day pass ticket option for someone from another continent! Good luck with that. :)

I used to buy them at Flight Center. Get Away Today used to have them as well. Anywhere from 2-8 day passes. If I could even buy a 6 day that would be alright as well. But if they could bring everything back I wouldnt object. I voiced my concern on behalf of the 6 to 8 days. Even if they brought them back and increased the prices slightly. It would beat spending over $1000 on extra park passes to go for those few extra days since I couldnt add on additional days when at the park.

I also used to buy my tickets at The Flight Centre (.ca) and I think that website may only be for Canadians. I recall DISers used to talk about not being able to obtain an 8 day pass unless you live in Canada, but I'm not sure if that is accurate.

Yes, it's a weird twist for a resort to limit your fun to 5 days at most. Maybe some people will pay for an addition 1, 2, or 3 or even 5 day pass, but from responses here, looks like people will find other things to do.

Thank you for sharing your story! I am sad to hear that your kids will be watching the fireworks from the balcony the first night. Good luck, I hope in the end you can add more days at a reasonable cost.

I just got a response to my email. I'm officially confused.
Here is is:

Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort.

I believe your referring to Disneyland ticket media. Please call Walt
Disney World Reservation Center @ 407-529-4637, and they would be happy
to go over our ticketing options, which include 1 thru 10 day options.

We apologize for the inconvenience, you can also visit
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com.

Should you have additional questions, please contact us again by
replying to this message. Be sure to include your full name, order
number, and e-mail address for future correspondence.

Sincerely,

Eden xxxxxx
Disney Ticket Services

Surely your jesting. :lmao: That is one word I also dislike when printed out in the wrong format. I guess they thought you were asking about WDW passes. Confusing though. :confused3

That's the boat we are in as well. I was hoping to go in, sort out my annual pass ( we get just one for discounts) and wander leisurely the first night. We'll be doing the Lego store and build a bear instead.

Ah, the 2 stores not affiliated with Disney - looks like they are sending their profits elsewhere. Plus, the more people spend elsewhere may make it more likely that they will limit their merchandise purchases when in the parks. Even less profit to be had.

Good idea, TheZue....we were planning on a build-a-bear run sometime. That's an idea. We are staying at the Sheraton Park so a good walk would be good after 2 days in the car. But we would have to walk PAST the gates....might be a bit much for the kids!!! :rotfl:

We did that our last (and first!) trip ....went the first evening just to wander around, go on any rides that did not have a huge line and take it in. Then we watched the fireworks. It was a nice first evening!

I dunno...maybe we can just get settled in, have a swim and dinner and relax. I would not be adverse to watching the fireworks with a nice glass of wine in my hand. ;) It is just not what we had planned.................

Good idea, TheZue....we were planning on a build-a-bear run sometime. That's an idea. We are staying at the Sheraton Park so a good walk would be good after 2 days in the car. But we would have to walk PAST the gates....might be a bit much for the kids!!! :rotfl:

We did that our last (and first!) trip ....went the first evening just to wander around, go on any rides that did not have a huge line and take it in. Then we watched the fireworks. It was a nice first evening!

I dunno...maybe we can just get settled in, have a swim and dinner and relax. I would not be adverse to watching the fireworks with a nice glass of wine in my hand. ;) It is just not what we had planned.................

2 days in the car to get there, 2 days to get back, and only 5 spent in the Parks makes for not as relaxing of a time when you know you are quickly going to get back into the car again to head home. :(

Surely your jesting. :lmao: That is one word I also dislike when printed out in the wrong format. I guess they thought you were asking about WDW passes. Confusing though. :confused3

Yeah, I feel like she thinks I'm talking about WDW, but here is the message I sent.
available between 5 days and the quite pricey annual pass.

Though I can't say for sure that this upcoming trip that we are looking
forward to will be cancelled, but I do know that if this policy
continues it will restrict or redirect our future trips. We travel over
2000 miles and making enough trips to make an annual passport make
financial sense isn't possible. Conversely, we find 5 days in the parks
just isn't enough.

We are a Disney loving family who spends 7-8 nights in either the
Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. Please consider amending
your policy to help us continue making Disney memories.

Yours,
Nicole

I do want to pursue this a bit further, but I'm not sure if I should respond to the message I received or start over.

Ideas?

2 days in the car to get there, 2 days to get back, and only 5 spent in the Parks makes for not as relaxing of a time when you know you are quickly going to get back into the car again to head home. :(

Tell me about it!!! Though we are glad we at least got the 6 day hopper! I would be PO'd if we only had the 5.

Believe it or not it is costing us MORE to drive than to fly, but my husband LOVES road trips and the kids do too....for the most part. It is part of the adventure for them.

We are there for 8 nights which really with the 6 day pass and our Universal plans is fine.....it just doesn't allow us to enjoy the 2 evenings we were hoping to. I don't get it....the extra few bucks it would have cost to tack on the extra days does not make Disney any money, however, we would have had a meal the first night and bought some treats for the kids and the same goes the the other extra night........we would have spent money in the park. I get the feeling with the changes to the AP's and the reduction in the length of the park hoppers that Disney is trying to lower their attendance numbers.

Part of an extended stay (more than the 4 nights-3 days Disney pushes) is not feeling rushed.....being able to go at a leisurely pace and not feel like you need to be there ALL DAY EVERY DAY. They should have the longer passes available at least if you are staying on site or at a good neighbour.....as long as the pass length matches the lodging length. Just IMHO........

Yeah, I feel like she thinks I'm talking about WDW, but here is the message I sent.
available between 5 days and the quite pricey annual pass.

Though I can't say for sure that this upcoming trip that we are looking
forward to will be cancelled, but I do know that if this policy
continues it will restrict or redirect our future trips. We travel over
2000 miles and making enough trips to make an annual passport make
financial sense isn't possible. Conversely, we find 5 days in the parks
just isn't enough.

We are a Disney loving family who spends 7-8 nights in either the
Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. Please consider amending
your policy to help us continue making Disney memories.

Yours,
Nicole

I do want to pursue this a bit further, but I'm not sure if I should respond to the message I received or start over.

Ideas?

That was well written and to the point, as well, made mention specifically of the hotels found only at the DLR so it's unusual to receive a reply like that. Which email address did you send it to originally? If it were me, I would follow up on that one, and perhaps specify that you would like to have this forwarded to the correct department, and that you look forward to hearing a reply regarding your concerns. Thanks for sharing your letter, this shows us as individuals with real needs, and I hope Disney will see all of us as important guests so that they care enough to modify a ticket structure that just isn't going to pan out for many of their guests.

Tell me about it!!! Though we are glad we at least got the 6 day hopper! I would be PO'd if we only had the 5.

Believe it or not it is costing us MORE to drive than to fly, but my husband LOVES road trips and the kids do too....for the most part. It is part of the adventure for them.

We are there for 8 nights which really with the 6 day pass and our Universal plans is fine.....it just doesn't allow us to enjoy the 2 evenings we were hoping to. I don't get it....the extra few bucks it would have cost to tack on the extra days does not make Disney any money, however, we would have had a meal the first night and bought some treats for the kids and the same goes the the other extra night........we would have spent money in the park. I get the feeling with the changes to the AP's and the reduction in the length of the park hoppers that Disney is trying to lower their attendance numbers.

Part of an extended stay (more than the 4 nights-3 days Disney pushes) is not feeling rushed.....being able to go at a leisurely pace and not feel like you need to be there ALL DAY EVERY DAY. They should have the longer passes available at least if you are staying on site or at a good neighbour.....as long as the pass length matches the lodging length. Just IMHO........

I can believe it is more expensive to drive than to fly. Long car trip for all of you though:faint:

Another great point made - when we have time to go to the parks at our leisure, we do spend several hours away from the parks in the afternoon, since as you say, we are not trying to cram it all in. This would make a difference in crowding levels throughout the day.

It does appear an effort to limit guest numbers - why would this be? Unless they are getting sellout numbers daily, which they aren't, I don't see a reason for them to start placing limitations on attendance, as every extra person in the park gives them a higher profit.

That was well written and to the point, as well, made mention specifically of the hotels found only at the DLR so it's unusual to receive a reply like that. Which email address did you send it to originally? If it were me, I would follow up on that one, and perhaps specify that you would like to have this forwarded to the correct department, and that you look forward to hearing a reply regarding your concerns. Thanks for sharing your letter, this shows us as individuals with real needs, and I hope Disney will see all of us as important guests so that they care enough to modify a ticket structure that just isn't going to pan out for many of their guests.

I sent it through the website, through the help with Disneyland ticketing drop down menu. The subject of the email that came back was titled "Online Ticket Purchase for Disneyland.com". So once again....:confused3:confused3

I'd like to think I reached a magical CM that really does have 1-10 day Disneyland ticket options, but of course, that isn't the case.

I sent it through the website, through the help with Disneyland ticketing drop down menu. The subject of the email that came back was titled "Online Ticket Purchase for Disneyland.com". So once again....:confused3:confused3

I'd like to think I reached a magical CM that really does have 1-10 day Disneyland ticket options, but of course, that isn't the case.

UNLESS of course, she has some of this: :tink:

Edited to add:

The email I had received arrived from this email address:
dlresort@disneyonline.com

The name was signed with this header:
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Did you follow this link?
I am a local APer but I totally agree with you. I hope that enough fan outcry will convince them to rethink their position. The link to emailing them is here:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

I'm thinking it might be better for people to select 'other' rather than the 'online ticket purchase for Disneyland.com' option, since we are not having issues with the purchase of tickets online, but rather, the entire policy Re: Park Hoppers. No other category seems to pertain to it besides 'other.'

presumably knotts, universal, and san diego attractions love this

To try to find a silver lining, you might end up liking it too. We are admittedly "equal opportunity" amusement park visitors---we enjoy traditional amusement parks just as much as one of Disney's---but a lot of these other attractions have been really stepping up their game lately. The MiceAge guys have been really positive about what's going on at Knotts recently (an example, another one, and another one). Universal opened Transformers, which is supposed to be excellent---and has been so well received that Orlando is adding it to the East Coast Studios park. And, Sea World is always a nice change of pace from a "ride-oriented" day.

We usually pay a visit to Knotts when we are in the area, because we are Cedar Fair passholders. But, we spent a week in Orlando this summer at all the "not-Disney" parks: USO, IOA, SWO, and Aquatica, and had a great time. My kids (11 and 13) would rather go back to those parks than WDW, to be honest.

I just responded to the confusing message with this:
Exxx -

Thank you for your prompt reply regarding my situation with attempting to purchase Disneyland tickets for longer than 5 days. You state that there are "1 thru 10 day options" available, though I can not find them for sale anywhere including by calling the phone number you added. I would be thrilled to buy passes for my family for 6-10 days. Please give me the information and I'll give you my credit card number asap.

Nicole Hughes
312-5xx-xxxx

UNLESS of course, she has some of this: :tink:

Edited to add:

The email I had received arrived from this email address:
dlresort@disneyonline.com

The name was signed with this header:
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Did you follow this link?

I'm thinking it might be better for people to select 'other' rather than the 'online ticket purchase for Disneyland.com' option, since we are not having issues with the purchase of tickets online, but rather, the entire policy Re: Park Hoppers. No other category seems to pertain to it besides 'other.'

Jory - when I initially clicked through that link a few days ago the page wasn't loading for me so I went through the help page myself and picked the only option that seemed to pertain to ticketing. I just clicked through that link again and picked "other" as you suggested and resent the initial email. Thanks! :)

I just responded to the confusing message with this:
Exxx -

Thank you for your prompt reply regarding my situation with attempting to purchase Disneyland tickets for longer than 5 days. You state that there are "1 thru 10 day options" available, though I can not find them for sale anywhere including by calling the phone number you added. I would be thrilled to buy passes for my family for 6-10 days. Please give me the information and I'll give you my credit card number asap.

Nicole Hughes
312-5xx-xxxx

Oh boy! I can't wait for the answer to that one. popcorn::

Jory - when I initially clicked through that link a few days ago the page wasn't loading for me so I went through the help page myself and picked the only option that seemed to pertain to ticketing. I just clicked through that link again and picked "other" as you suggested and resent the initial email. Thanks! :)

Glad the link is working again. Hopefully you will get a more suitable reply. Thanks for taking the time and effort to pursue this and follow up. If we all do this, surely Disney will see merit to providing the 6 and 7 day passes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter