Are you averse to the 'new' 5-day pass only? Please read and comment...

I wonder why WDW in Florida hasn't eliminated ticket options. Maybe it's due to the biometric ticketing?

Originally Posted by ValpoCory
I know we will never stay longer than 5 days in the parks on future DLR trips as long as this policy is in place.

This is actually what Disney wants to hear, I think - they maybe think some will upgrade to an AP, but they know that the gates are constantly flooded with people now, so they are not actively trying to gain loyal clients anymore.

I thought that way too, until I read the Disneyland VP's comment about wanting folks to extend their stay from 5 to 6 days.

Regardless, these responses, although similar, and not the same. There are hundreds of dollars of employee hours being spent by Disney for this thread. The longer it continues, the more likely a change is going to come.

Hello all, I decided I needed to add my 2 cents worth too, I wrote them an email so hope it helps for next year. We are going 10/7 thru 10/12 and booked in early March so we got our 6 day park hoppers before the prices went up and they changed things. As a Disney crazed person like everyone else I am already planning next years trp and want the most bang for my vacation buck. Hope they listened but I know we will get strength in numbers sooooo everyone email and tell them we dont like the decision, I understand prices going up but dont limit our days of fun. I like being rewarded for picking more days not penalized.:sad2:

I wonder why WDW in Florida hasn't eliminated ticket options. Maybe it's due to the biometric ticketing?

Shhhhh... don't give them any ideas. ;) It seems they acknowledge WDW as a Resort where one can spend many days at, yet with DLR (Disneyland Resort) there appears to be the expectation that people will only want to spend 5 days max., and for those loyal fans who wish for more days, we 'can buy buy a variety of combo passes and add them together' ($cha-ching$) and make our 'own' number of days pass. :rolleyes:

I thought that way too, until I read the Disneyland VP's comment about wanting folks to extend their stay from 5 to 6 days.

Regardless, these responses, although similar, and not the same. There are hundreds of dollars of employee hours being spent by Disney for this thread. The longer it continues, the more likely a change is going to come.

This is going to be much, much bigger than they expected or anticipated, I think. It looks like a lot of us feel the same way, and really need the options of being able to spend more days in the parks at a reasonable rate. Thanks for all your support and encouraging words!

Hello all, I decided I needed to add my 2 cents worth too, I wrote them an email so hope it helps for next year. We are going 10/7 thru 10/12 and booked in early March so we got our 6 day park hoppers before the prices went up and they changed things. As a Disney crazed person like everyone else I am already planning next years trp and want the most bang for my vacation buck. Hope they listened but I know we will get strength in numbers sooooo everyone email and tell them we dont like the decision, I understand prices going up but dont limit our days of fun. I like being rewarded for picking more days not penalized.:sad2:

Yep, spot on with your comments, I bolded the best part... Please - if you take the time to read this thread, if you hope to be able to purchase 6 or 7 day passes, OR if you empathize with those who wish to be able to purchase 6 or 7 day Park Hopper passes, please do email or call Disney and let them know how you feel.

I am not opposed to a 5 day but when we started going we did a five day because our train leaves on the 6th day but we found out we have all day on day 6 to have more Disney!! because our train doesnt leave till 7 in the evening. Hope all this works at helping them see what we would like to still have

I am not opposed to a 5 day but when we started going we did a five day because our train leaves on the 6th day but we found out we have all day on day 6 to have more Disney!! because our train doesnt leave till 7 in the evening. Hope all this works at helping them see what we would like to still have

I hope so too, that you will be able to get an extra day at Disney! Thanks for your reply. :goodvibes

I am going to write them an email thanking them for spreading vacation money around to the other local parks and how proud I am to see that they are helping smaller businesses like Knott's in this economy. I am going to lather it on - it will be interesting to see what their reply is.

I am going to write them an email thanking them for spreading vacation money around to the other local parks and how proud I am to see that they are helping smaller businesses like Knott's in this economy. I am going to lather it on - it will be interesting to see what their reply is.

I feel you are right...I think Disney's current policy is encouraging people to go to other venues once their 5 day hopper has expired, even with their hopes we will be rich enough (or stupid enough to not bother calculating a per-day cost) to 'just add on' another pass to 'create our own combo of days' and it has been made clear guests will make the decision to go to other venues, just from what people are saying in this thread.

Note to Disney - did you know that combos (McD's, etc.) generally mean that you get at least a BETTER value for your money? I would expect if I were going for additional days past 5 that the price would continue to drop on a per-day basis. I am pretty sure this is what others would come to expect from you Disney, especially after you had previously offered such a 'menu' for us to enjoy.

I suspect that the generic reply will be given to you, KalamityJane, regardless of how it is worded, but it is good for them to know that you really will be taking business elsewhere even if only on the remaining days, as they can always benefit from people in the Parks. Especially those who eat meals and snack there, and purchase merchandise.

Upon realizing this, it is my hope they will change it, as it really is within their power to make us, the guests, happy. In fact, I think they suggest that in their replies to some. ;) (That they want their guests to be happy.)

Please - if you take the time to read this thread, if you hope to be able to purchase 6 or 7 day passes, OR if you emphasize with those who wish to be able to purchase 6 or 7 day Park Hopper passes, please do email or call Disney and let them know how you feel.

Definitely. I personally only need 5-day passes this trip. But I also would like the option on future trips to stay longer. My last three WDW vacations were 5 nights, then 7 nights, and then 8 nights. We have a pattern of going longer and longer each time.

So I am hopeful that DLR will have some sort of option available in the future, but at the same realize that hope only goes so far. We need to each take action.

Definitely. I personally only need 5-day passes this trip. But I also would like the option on future trips to stay longer. My last three WDW vacations were 5 nights, then 7 nights, and then 8 nights. We have a pattern of going longer and longer each time.

So I am hopeful that DLR will have some sort of option available in the future, but at the same realize that hope only goes so far. We need to each take action.

Whoops, my bad, I wrote emphasize instead of empathize. :blush: Duh, Jory. I edited it now in the original post. You knew what I meant though, yay! :goodvibes

I am really appreciative of those responses and action to Disney who don't need the Park Hopper to be 6 or 7 days yet, but who understand the importance of this to so many, and who keep going that extra mile to help others out so that we can see change sooner, rather than later. :yay:

Also - you are right, every single individual who takes action can help.

Couldn't find that other thread on this topic, but I still believe strongly that fraud is only a convenient cover for their main purpose in heightening prices, and that is to MAKE MONEY. They made known that they wanted to make DLR into a 6 day or more destination, so once that's achieved (with the new DCA) they just "happen" to raise prices at the same time because of fraud? It's obviously because they know demand is enough so they can do whatever they want with prices. It's so very very sad. Who cares about families that already have a hard time affording vacations as long as they make that many more millions right?

That said, in that other thread I also said I'd sketch the long lost 8th Drawf: GREEDY for fun ;D He's risen to the top at Disney lately and apparently might be the stinker behind this whole thing.

img20120824001453.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Disney, and I don't deny something as wonderful as DLR reasonable profit, but this is just too far. I wrote them an email as well, so fingers crossed they do the right thing. You never know.

Renae De Liz said:
Couldn't find that other thread on this topic, but I still believe strongly that fraud is only a convenient cover for their main purpose in heightening prices, and that is to MAKE MONEY. They made known that they wanted to make DLR into a 6 day or more destination, so once that's achieved (with the new DCA) they just "happen" to raise prices at the same time because of fraud? It's obviously because they know demand is enough so they can do whatever they want with prices. It's so very very sad. Who cares about families that already have a hard time affording vacations as long as they make that many more millions right?

That said, in that other thread I also said I'd sketch the long lost 8th Drawf: GREEDY for fun ;D He's risen to the top at Disney lately and apparently might be the stinker behind this whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Disney, and I don't deny something as wonderful as DLR reasonable profit, but this is just too far. I wrote them an email as well, so fingers crossed they do the right thing. You never know.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha roflmfao!!!! Greedy dwarf!!!! Just like you said!!! Love the NO on the 6 day hopper!!!! Hahahahaha seriously laughing so hard right now!

img20120824001453.jpg

Now that you mention it... the fraudulent tickets have been posted about on the DISboards many years back, and every now and again, the question comes up - "Is it legit to purchase and used a Park Hopper pass from a private seller such as eBay or Craig's List, etc." THE ANSWER... on THESE boards - has always been a resounding NO - IT IS NOT O.K. If this truly were a huge issue for them, wouldn't Disney have prevented it from happening, sooner than this?

So, it is clear that so many DISers think it is not ok to purchase and use a ticket that is not from a validated source such as Disney, GetAwayToday, etc. WE so strongly support Disney, and yet even though collectively we have expressed so much dissatisfaction with the elimination of 6 and 7 day park hoppers, Disney isn't willing to make changes? IMO the BEST thing Disney could do right now is to immediately change things up - provide options for 6 and 7 day tickets at reasonable decreasing prices per day, and it would make so many guests happy, and more profit will be had.

I agree with you and many others that the ticket fraud may be the least of their concerns, and perhaps they are ready to just completely, utterly increase the prices (per day cost) due to Cars Land and other $$$ renovations and upgrades that they took on. Cars Land seems to be already failing in some regards, such as RSR being shut down a lot of the time, and then came the announcement that Luigi's Flying Tire ride will be 'speeding up' and they are getting rid of the beach balls. An extra 'land' is great, Disney, I am looking forward to seeing it, and do appreciate everything, all of the work that goes into it - we were there for a week each year it was being built, and marveled at the beautiful workmanship and planning behind it all. However, we can not afford to go anymore if you are going to charge so much of an increase in price PLUS take away the 6 and 7 day passes. (The combination of the new price increase plus the elimination of 6 and 7 day passes means the value is so much less than what was previously had, despite all of the renovations and enhancements.) The 'combo' days Disney spoke of to others (to combine 5 day passes with other single, double, or other multi-day passes) reeks of inflating the price, and seems to be an effort by Disney to be inconspicuous about that, (especially since there was recently a price increase in Park Hoppers) but it's not working, we have done the math.

As far as your 'Greedy' artwork goes, you are a remarkable artist, Renae De Liz, and although right now we truly don't know Disney's motives behind eliminating the 6 and 7 day pass, it is very clear that this your post is a strong visual post in favor of bringing back the 6 or 7 day pass.

We're not asking for miracles, Disney we are simply asking for something that used to be. We have stayed with Disney through thick and thin, and spent so much money there. Is it bad for us to want to enjoy the Park for a couple more days?

I remember a quote from the movie, Field of Dreams... "If you build it, they will come." You built it, we visited. A LOT of times. A LOT of guests. You then hiked the prices and eliminated the possibility of spending 6 or 7 days in the parks at a reasonable cost - hmmm... will you be losing a loyal fan base? ALL research shows that REPEAT business is the BEST kind of business.

My reply so far:

Greetings from the Disneyland® Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Services Team will contact you within seven days.

If you are visiting the Disneyland® Resort within the next two weeks and need immediate assistance, please call us at (714) 781-4565, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 8:00pm (PST). We may also be reached Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm (PST).

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services
Disneyland® Resort

My quote is acting up on my phone but Jory29, I think you mean Renae De Liz is a great artist :) I wish I could draw like that!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha roflmfao!!!! Greedy dwarf!!!! Just like you said!!! Love the NO on the 6 day hopper!!!! Hahahahaha seriously laughing so hard right now!

Heehee :D Thanks. It was a fun warmup sketch to do! Darned Greedy causing all kinds of trouble around here!!

Jory: Thank you! I liked reading your input. And yeah I'm pretty upset personally by this, so the least I could do was a little sketch, right? ;) I'm of middle income bracket, and my family has been scrimping and saving for years for an all out 7 day vacation at GCH this Christmas. (we only go every 3 years if lucky) We have to really tighten our belt for the next few months too, and now we have to come up with $600 more to add on 2 day passes onto our 5 day. $600 is almost a month of groceries!! Not to mention I work in comics, and they recently bought Marvel and have been squashing all creativity and innovation (of which Walt was all about) in favor of packaging flat, sellable properties. So double whammy to me, Disney ;) Thanks a lot ( but yeah, always will love DLR no matter what!)!

My reply so far:

Greetings from the Disneyland® Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Disney and value the time you took to share your thoughts.

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Services Team will contact you within seven days.

If you are visiting the Disneyland® Resort within the next two weeks and need immediate assistance, please call us at (714) 781-4565, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 8:00pm (PST). We may also be reached Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm (PST).

Again, thank you for your message. We look forward to assisting you soon.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services
Disneyland® Resort

Thanks for sharing that with us. Maybe in time the emails will change to announcements of 6 and 7 day Park Hoppers.

This is what I have gotten so far too, I am very happy I am not the only one that feels this way, thanks all!!
Viva La Disney Nuts!:banana:

Heehee :D Thanks. It was a fun warmup sketch to do! Darned Greedy causing all kinds of trouble around here!!

Jory: Thank you! I liked reading your input. And yeah I'm pretty upset personally by this, so the least I could do was a little sketch, right? ;) I'm of middle income bracket, and my family has been scrimping and saving for years for an all out 7 day vacation at GCH this Christmas. (we only go every 3 years if lucky) We have to really tighten our belt for the next few months too, and now we have to come up with $600 more to add on 2 day passes onto our 5 day. $600 is almost a month of groceries!! Not to mention I work in comics, and they recently bought Marvel and have been squashing all creativity and innovation (of which Walt was all about) in favor of packaging flat, sellable properties. So double whammy to me, Disney ;) Thanks a lot ( but yeah, always will love DLR no matter what!)!

Thank you for sharing more personal details about what the 6 and 7 day pass elimination will entail for your family! Sounds like your skills as an artist has served your family well. :)

I am going to share my story, too, and this may shed some light on why I feel so passionate about all of this:

Our son who has special needs lives a life literally fraught with anxiety 24/7. He has asperger's, and has found a wonderful retreat (Resort) where he can try to forget about his worries for a week (5 days?) with us, and for our entire family, dealing with this type of stress year round, this is so important to have something such as this to look forward to. It is our one HUGE splurge annually. It costs a lot of money for us to fly out to L.A. to do this, and it is too far to drive for us. We save up air miles, etc. to be able to go on the trip. One year we took our son's friend, too, it was so much fun to see Disneyland for the first time through his eyes! The rest of the time during the year we are scrimping and saving to be able to go to Disneyland, just like so many others are. We are on one income due to my son's special needs, and it is very important to us to be able to take a wonderful week away from it all, at the Disneyland Resort. Taking away the 6 and 7 day Park Hopper passes will mean so much to us if we have to try to cram it all in, in 5 days, as our son requires frequent rest stops, and enjoys taking his time. He tends to see details more so than the big picture, and how else to see the details in Disneyland, but to take the time to stop and smell the roses? It also means so much to us to be able to have the 6 or 7 day pass because when you spend that much money to get all the way out there, you don't want just a 5 day trip.

I share this as I hope that everyone with a story to tell will share with us -and maybe Disney can see us now not as 'guests', but as individual people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter