AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

Until they take normal FP away all togehter.

I'm still curious what a "Superuser" is.

I think it's meant to denote someone who took the time to learn how things work vice someone who just shows up completely uninformed.

I think it's meant to denote someone who took the time to learn how things work vice someone who just shows up completely uninformed.

Nope, just people who re-ride attractions with FP multiple times in a day and don't spread out over the park to less utilized attraction and use FP to that end well above the "average."

There's a distinct difference between being above or below the average and "nowhere near the average."

This serious condition was so acute that Disney made it a top priority to remedy...

some 10 years after it was discovered.

This serious condition was so acute that Disney made it a top priority to remedy...

some 10 years after it was discovered.

Ten years ago there was only one guide to "touring plans" for the parks and how to "Dumbo in a Day or Die."

People have overall become more informed - on a normal park day upwards of 60% of the guests are repeat guests, average is 4 years between visits - and the number of "superusers" have skyrocketed from the early days.

Ma and Pa have had 2 visits now to get into their noggins how FP works. Several have opted for the hardcore useage.

Ten years ago there was only one guide to "touring plans" for the parks and how to "Dumbo in a Day or Die."

People have overall become more informed - on a normal park day upwards of 60% of the guests are repeat guests - and the number of "superusers" have skyrocketed from the early days.

I didn't learn to ride my favorite E-Tickets with FP multiple times from the interweb.

There's a distinct difference between being above or below the average and "nowhere near the average."

By your definition we are WAY below average.

So this change... isn't only preventing superusers... it is preventing the below average users of FP as well.

Unless.... we get 20 FP+ allotments to use over the quarter and are not required to eat up 4 in one day.

Nope, just people who re-ride attractions with FP multiple times in a day and don't spread out over the park to less utilized attraction and use FP to that end well above the "average."

So, someone who keeps getting a fastpass for the same attraction every two hours? Or maybe two attractions close by like BTMMR and SM?

By your definition we are WAY below average.

So this change... isn't only preventing superusers... it is preventing the below average users of FP as well.

Unless.... we get 20 FP+ allotments to use over the quarter and are not required to eat up 4 in one day.

Redistribution of crowds. They want you at those other "non E-ticket" rides at the park that have added FP+.

I guess we are super users then and probably will still be after this new system is in place. :) It really isn't rocket science. You get your next FP as soon as you are avalialbe to, and you get them for the attractions that have the longest waits, and wait in the short lines. It is a process that is available for anyone that wants to use it.

So, someone who keeps getting a fastpass for the same attraction every two hours? Or maybe two attractions close by like BTMMR and SM?

At the risk of repeating myself,

Piffle.

The way I see it, AP holders aren't being punished for being local...they aren't being punished at all. You are just getting less FPs because you paid less for your tickets.

Maybe Disney is not profitting much from APs and wants to get rid of them eventually or make people want to buy regular tickets?

Then perhaps they should remove it entirely as a "free" thing and charge for it. That would alleviate the whole... "what you paid per day vs. what I paid per day"

Redistribution of crowds. They want you at those other "non E-ticket" rides at the park that have added FP+.

Well.... we do.

Our typical MK visit involves some of the following (not all mind you as we spend usually are there for only three hours at a time)

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Birds, People Mover, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic.

We MIGHT grab a FP for one of the rollercoasters or even buzz.... but with this new system ~ we are prevented from doing what we would typically do and it would actually drive us TO the big rides in one visit. Since if I use one I have to use four.

You cant physically be riding non-E-ticket attractions at the same time as you're riding an E-ticket for the second or third time.

But you learned, that's the point. You're not the only one.

If they wanted to limit the number of times guests could get a FP to ride the same attraction again, they could simply have written a program that would only allow a FP to be issued one time per day for any given guest ticket or AP.

This is so simple, it's just silly.

If they wanted to limit the number of times guests could get a FP to ride the same attraction again, they could simply have written a program that would only allow a FP to be issued one time per day for any given guest ticket or AP.

This is so simple, it's just silly.

::yes::

Ok.. more math...

Guests do 9 things per day.

If you ride E-ticket and re-ride E-ticket, you have 7 things left in the day.

You cannot therefor do 8 "others" because you have only 7 left.. yes, there are exceptions, but most guests will only do the 9 total, E-tickets or not.

You cant physically be riding non-E-ticket attractions at the same time as you're riding an E-ticket for the second or third time.

Do you not get what I am saying AT all? Or are you choosing to ignore it? Or are you talking to others.

This system as you propose/report it:

1. Forces me to only use 20 FP per 12 weeks
2. Forces me to limit those to only 5 days as they MUST be used in one day
3. Perhaps even limits me from using them at ALL if I decide to go tomorrow because they could be all pre-reserved already
4. This forces me to ride all the FP worthy rides in one day instead of spreading them out over the course of 12 weeks.

Do you not see it as a crummy system for those that pay for AP's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter