• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

I personally don't consider this a perk.

That is why it isn't ENOUGH.

:rolleyes:

Well since I live far away and only get to WDW maybe twice a year it is only faur then that I get , oh lets say 80 FP's per day to make up for how "unfair" it is to me ::yes::

No it doesn't make sense. It means I'm supposed to have longer waits because I can go more often?

What is next? An annual pass holder line that waits longer? That incorporates your logic here.

No, most APs don't visit more than 20 FP+ per quarter would allow.

Fun with math!

Cheapest ticket a tourist can get is the 10 day, no park hopping at $31.80 per day.

Florida Resident Annual Pass (not premium, because we're talking theme parks and ride access specifically) is $452.63. If you visit 52 times in a year ("we go weekly") means you pay $8.70 per day for park access.

$31.80 >>>>> $8.70

Actually our annual passes are $600 we go weekly to some venue our ticket admits us to.. that may be a water park or disneyquest. PLUS no discount for our 5 and 7 year old... full price tickets when tourists get discounts on child tickets.

While we certainly pay less I guarantee we also spend more at WDW through the year then the average tourist.

So the financial factor doesn't change the fact that we are being penalized for having annual passes. Especially if that means we don't get FP's the REST of the year!!

CAUTION!
THIS IS AN OLD
INACCURATE ZOMBIE THREAD!

Zombie-Thread-Walk450.gif

---------------------

EDITED to save some grief for those tuning in to this old ZOMBIE THREAD:

After doing research in the time since this thread first appeared:

A great deal (most) of the so-called "inside information" in this thread was fabricated and posted with the purpose of causing arguments on the board.

Example:
The assertion that "Disney does not like AP holders, and
wants to squelch AP holders' ability to ride major attractions" is ridiculous on its face.
But, it was posted to stir things up, as this board is ripe with...
(you guessed it) AP holders.

While slivers of REAL information regarding FP+ contained in this thread MIGHT come to fruition, it is unlikely that most of the "insider information" had any resemblance to actual "secret plans" or policies being hatched by Disney brass.

At least one "agitator" responsible for stirring this pot of fabricated "policies" has been silent on this board for the better part of a month.
Only time will tell if that will remain the case.

If you wish to keep reading, have at it.
Just know that "thar be squalls ahead."
(Most of them "tempests in a teacup ride" stirred up by internet trolls.)

No, most APs don't visit more than 20 FP+ per quarter would allow.

So there should be a local annual passholder line where you wait, what 20% longer? Would that equalize the experience?

It isn't 20 days per quarter according to this it is 5 days per quarter.

I'd be interested to know where you get the fact of "most" annual passholders only go 13 days per year. Because that is price point break even? Or is this a confirmed statistical fact?

If we have the option to maintain regular FP then we will. If we have to switch to FP+ and only get FP's 20 times per year? That will not be okay.

Of course JMHO... .I'd be interested to hear what other local APH think.

It doesn't happen often but I 110% agree with Robo. Why mess with a good thing? It works, people are happy? I think its just stupid, but what do I know.

Jennifer

Actually our annual passes are $600 we go weekly to some venue our ticket admits us to.. that may be a water park or disneyquest. PLUS no discount for our 5 and 7 year old... full price tickets when tourists get discounts on child tickets.

While we certainly pay less I guarantee we also spend more at WDW through the year then the average tourist.

So the financial factor doesn't change the fact that we are being penalized for having annual passes. Especially if that means we don't get FP's the REST of the year!!

The assertion that frequent-visit APs pay more per year to Disney in "other costs" has been proven wrong statistically/mathematically time and again. It's simply something you believe, it is not true. And that you pay for the more expensive passes with benefits above and beyond theme park admission does not mean that value goes to theme park admission. That value goes to those items above and beyond theme park admission.

You are a Florida resident who visits the parks without blackout restrictions. Your admission value is determined by the FL Resident AP dvived the number of days you visit. You cant argue that away.

Tourists ticket value per day is determined by the ticket they buy, but the cheapest they can buy is 10-day.

And here's the term, they take a while to load: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

Well since I live far away and only get to WDW maybe twice a year it is only faur then that I get , oh lets say 80 FP's per day to make up for how "unfair" it is to me ::yes::

You can get as many as you appropriately plan for. With this plan there are days we locals/aph get ZERO. A LOT of days where we get zero.

As a sage once (or twenty times) said, lo, many moons ago,

"Leave the FP system, the heck, ALONE!"

Yep. It aint' broke. Don't fix it.

This has been my stance all along.

So there should be a local annual passholder line where you wait, what 20% longer? Would that equalize the experience?

It isn't 20 days per quarter according to this it is 5 days per quarter.

I'd be interested to know where you get the fact of "most" annual passholders only go 13 days per year. Because that is price point break even? Or is this a confirmed statistical fact?

If we have the option to maintain regular FP then we will. If we have to switch to FP+ and only get FP's 20 times per year? That will not be okay.

Of course JMHO... .I'd be interested to hear what other local APH think.

The local AP phonelines already waits 20% longer. You didn't know Disney categorized call queues by frequency of visit and prioritized new/first time visitors over repeat guests who are prioritized over "Worldphiles" (aka: AP's and locals?)

This has been true since the mid-90's.

Yep. It aint' broke. Don't fix it.

This has been my stance all along.

The system is broke. It gives these superusers the ability to ride an attraction 3-4 times in a day with a 5-10min wait while a tourist only rides once with a 2 hour wait. That is why it is being changed.

You can get as many as you appropriately plan for. With this plan there are days we locals/aph get ZERO. A LOT of days where we get zero.

You can appropriately plan to stay at a WDW resort and buy a day-ticket for any FP+ you want beyond the 20 you'll be allotted per quarter.

That's fair, no?

The system is broke. It gives these superusers the ability to ride an attraction 3-4 times in a day with a 5-10min wait while a tourist only rides once with a 2 hour wait. That is why it is being changed.

Piffle.

-------------------------------------------

EDITED to save some grief for those tuning in to this old ZOMBIE THREAD:

After doing research in the time since this thread first appeared:

A great deal (most) of the so-called "inside information" in this thread was fabricated and posted with the purpose of causing arguments on the board.

Example:
The assertion that "Disney does not like AP holders, and
wants to squelch AP holders' ability to ride major attractions" is ridiculous on its face.
But, it was posted to stir things up, as this board is ripe with...
(you guessed it) AP holders.

While slivers of REAL information regarding FP+ contained in this thread MIGHT come to fruition, it is unlikely that most of the "insider information" had any resemblance to actual "secret plans" or policies being hatched by Disney brass.

At least one "agitator" responsible for stirring this pot of fabricated "policies" has been silent on this board for the better part of a month.
Only time will tell if that will remain the case.

If you wish to keep reading, have at it.
Just know that "thar be squalls ahead."
(Most of them "tempests in a teacup ride" stirred up by internet trolls.)

With this proposed FP+ AP system do Annual pass holders get an optin to use 20 FP+ passes per quarter or use a standard FP in the park?

The more I hear about this FP+ the more I question what it is intending to help us do. If I can book my FP for Soarin for 10AM but then I cannot use any other fast passes the rest of the day it sounds like I'm loosing out.

IF AP holders have to use the FP+ system then Disney has removed them from the standard in park Fast Pass system.

Is Disney trying to trick people into using the standard in park fast passes less?

I am very confused!! I just last night signed up for ap and none of this was anywhere to be seen!! so as a new AP I would be limited to the number of fast passes for the entire year?? that is SOOOO WRONG we ride the same FEW rides over and over due to a disability. We plan on going 3+ times a month during school yr and weekly during summer! and we will spend a ton on cash at Disney just as much or more than resort guests as we will not get dining plan for free!! but we still eat there, we still buy shirts, etc. and we still pay for photos from Disney Not to mention we are guaranteed cash for the parks no matter how often we go as they get it automatlly from are accounts!! I hope this info you have is not set in stone or is just plain wrong!

Are you all kidding? Do you know how many times during the average visit to the parks that my kids skip attractions because the lines are long & we have an opportunity to return at a later date? How many times they have bowed out to make room for others who may only be having their one & only lifetime trip? Do you realize how much we spend in the parks & hotels when we ARE lucky enough to visit often? Why should they have to make constant concessions to tourists because we live geographically closer? They shouldn't but they do because they have manners & gratitude. They are CHILDREN & they wait 5 years between APs in order for us to be able to afford them & the other associated costs.

We have no more guarantees of a happy & healthy tomorrow than any other person so it's absurd to think we have unlimited opportunities to visit .. & since many of us WORK in order to afford to provide our families with AP, it's not like we can all just skip off to the Magic Kingdom because it's Tueday & we have nothing better to do.

We are ALL tourists at Disney World, regardless of WHERE you live the rest of the time. Just my humble opinion. Flame away...

The assertion that frequent-visit APs pay more per year to Disney in "other costs" has been proven wrong statistically/mathematically time and again. It's simply something you believe, it is not true. And that you pay for the more expensive passes with benefits above and beyond theme park admission does not mean that value goes to theme park admission. That value goes to those items above and beyond theme park admission.

You are a Florida resident who visits the parks without blackout restrictions. Your admission value is determined by the FL Resident AP dvived the number of days you visit. You cant argue that away.

Tourists ticket value per day is determined by the ticket they buy, but the cheapest they can buy is 10-day.

And here's the term, they take a while to load: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html

Well then we visit less days per year ~ since some weeks we only make it to Disney Quest or a waterpark and we aren't including those.

There by bringing UP our daily price... though that is neither here nor there. Unless you want to make a line waiting/ fastpass system based on if you paid full price (1 day ticket) or got a discount with a multi day ticket.

It isn't about cost per day. It is about guest experience. This would diminish mine enough that we would consider letting AP's go if we were forced to have the FP+.

Personal opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter