AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

Already provided the link.

My apologies, I missed your link my first time though this thread.

I skimmed through the link you provided and read in detail though the "DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service" section. I didn't see anything that mentioned using the FP+ system would preclude you from using the regular FP system.

Could you please point to the section and bullet that states this.

Thanks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=2632_1356020578_00c7c03b35a5023e245698c294f266dd

I looked at the link you provided about My Disney Park Experience. It didn't really give any information; seemed to be more about a Privacy Statement and how they can use your information if you sign up.

And you didn't read it.

My apologies, I missed your link my first time though this thread.

I skimmed through the link you provided and read in detail though the "DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service" section. I didn't see anything that mentioned using the FP+ system would preclude you from using the regular FP system.

Could you please point to the section and bullet that states this.

Thanks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/park-experience-terms-and-conditions.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=2632_1356020578_00c7c03b35a5023e245698c294f266dd

"Converting to a Paperless Ticket"

"..required for FP+.." "Unable to use FP service after conversion"

For us, using regular FP would still be the better option.

But I do think it sounds like they are trying to eventually get rid of regular FP and make FP a perk you get by staying on-site with a package or having an AP. While they can't give the same perk Universal does to on-site guests (front of line passes) because of the sheer volume of guests, they CAN make staying on-site even more attractive by making that the only way you can get FP.

If that's the ultimate plan, it bums me out....but we'll adapt!

For us, using regular FP would still be the better option.

But I do think it sounds like they are trying to eventually get rid of regular FP and make FP a perk you get by staying on-site with a package or having an AP. While they can't give the same perk Universal does to on-site guests (front of line passes) because of the sheer volume of guests, they CAN make staying on-site even more attractive by making that the only way you can get FP.

If that's the ultimate plan, it bums me out....but we'll adapt!

As a side note we have FOL access to each ride once per day after 4:00 as APH's to Universal... even THAT is better then 5 days per quarter.

So say I go 40 times this year and I want to get ONE FP per visit ~ I can't do that. I can only get FP's on 20 of those days provided they don't overlap quarters. So a week off of school that we go each day and then we are out of FP's for three more months. Meh.... that doesn't seem right.

Let's break this down for just a second...

If you take a week-long trip to Disney and use two FP+ reservations per day on that trip (2 x 7= 14), you'd have 6 FP+ reservations left for your weekly trips to Disney.

Or if that isn't enough, you could buy MYW tickets for your week-long trip and then upgrade to your AP each year as that trip winds down.

I'm not sure that I'll like this new system, but I'm willing to wait and see what it actually looks like before deeming everything "unfair" to us AP holders. I really have a hard time believing Disney is attempting to go back to everyone standing in two- and three-hour lines for standby because they used up their couple of FP+ reservations for the day. After all, the whole purpose of introducing FP in the first place was Disney would rather you be in the restaurants and stores spending money instead of waiting in hideously long standby lines.

Not as I understand it. You get 5 DAYS with 4 FP+ choices per day.

That was my first question.

20 per quarter to use one at a time is entirely different.

FP+'s per quarter. So essentially 5 Magic Kingdom days, since it allows 4 FP+ per day. Same rules at Resort Guests, so only one park per day.

Where was the 5 days info? I must have missed that :confused3

Maybe I am misunderstanding. I hope so because that would work MUCH better for us.

i.e. if we go over after dinner on a night that the park closes at 10:00 I don't want to waste FOUR FP+'s when in reality we will likely only use one.

Talk about first world problems eh?

I agree we should wait for official word.

I remember visiting when it was JUST Magic Kingdom and there was no FP. Anyone else remember waiting at least an hour for It's a Small World? More for Jungle Cruise and Pirates? Space Mountain forget it.

Yep! I started coming in '91 as a kid, and there was no FP system. If there was a ride you really wanted to experience, you just had to tough it out and wait, even if the line was long. We always left for WDW a day or two after school let out for the summer, which was about a week before Memorial Day and before many other schools around the nation ended for the year, so the lines were never horrifyingly long. Seems like the longest waits were usually about an hour or so, from what I remember, but could be longer for the more popular rides. But still, there was no use in complaining about it because that was the way it was if you wanted to ride. You got used to knowing that you were going to have to spend some time waiting.

You know, I don't think I would like to see the regular FP be completely replaced with FP+. Part of the fun of going to WDW is being able to discover new stuff while you're there, rather than have to have everything planned out, and requiring people to plan when they want to ride a particular ride takes a bit of that fun away. I realize we're still only speculating about what this FP+ system could develop into at this point, but my wish is that they don't make FP+ mandatory and that they can somehow keep both systems. If certain guests have the option of making an appointment for rides, that's fine, but other guests should have the option to not have to go that route.

EDITED to save some grief for those tuning in to this old ZOMBIE THREAD:

After doing research in the time since this thread first appeared:

A great deal (most) of the so-called "inside information" in this thread was fabricated and posted with the purpose of causing arguments on the board.

Example:
The assertion that "Disney does not like AP holders, and
wants to squelch AP holders' ability to ride major attractions" is ridiculous on its face.
But, it was posted to stir things up, as this board is ripe with...
(you guessed it) AP holders.

While slivers of REAL information regarding FP+ contained in this thread MIGHT come to fruition, it is unlikely that most of the "insider information" had any resemblance to actual "secret plans" or policies being hatched by Disney brass.

At least one "agitator" responsible for stirring this pot of fabricated "policies" has been silent on this board for the better part of a month.
Only time will tell if that will remain the case.

If you wish to keep reading, have at it.
Just know that "thar be squalls ahead."
(Most of them "tempests in a teacup ride" stirred up by internet trolls.)

But is it 20 actual FPs per quarter (5 FP days) or 20 days out of each quarter that you can use the FPs each day? And do they expire each quarter or do you get a total of 80 per year?

I never had an annual pass, but have considered it because since I don't like in the US and the plane ticket is almost the most expensive part of the trip, it would probably be a good idea to get an annual pass so I can have more than 10 park days.

Would I be upset that I would get less FPs? Maybe. But, I'm also paying less per day than I would if I bought 2 10 day tickets with park hoppers, so...

The way I see it, AP holders aren't being punished for being local...they aren't being punished at all. You are just getting less FPs because you paid less for your tickets.

Maybe Disney is not profitting much from APs and wants to get rid of them eventually or make people want to buy regular tickets?

Anyway, the only thing I will not like is if the only way to use FPs is to schedule them in advance. I do not like to decide in advance what time I'll want to ride each ride. I also like to park hop, so not being able to get regular FPs printed at the parks will be pretty annoying, IMO, if that does happen.

I think if they're doing an allotment of FP+ for APs it should be an annual one. I know we tended to do a couple long trips over shorter trips. I think it's crappy though and a total downgrade for AP holders (which I'm not anymore since we live in AK). I don't agree with the limit. I hope Disney chooses a different route like if you're staying on site you can get more or something since we always stay DVC.

the way i see it, ap holders aren't being punished for being local...they aren't being punished at all. You are just getting less fps because you paid less for your tickets.

Can of worms...
meet opener.

;)

Please provide a link where these terms are "clearly splled out"

Again please provide link

What is a "superuser"?

It has been linked (and quoted) a bunch of times in different threads about FP+. Disney has said for now, you will have to chose between FP+ and regular FP.

"Converting to a Paperless Ticket"

"..required for FP+.." "Unable to use FP service after conversion"

Thanks for pointing me to that. So it seems that for the time being that the regular FP system will remain in place. On each day that we are in the parks, we use on average 5-7 FPs and mostly (or entirely) for the top attractions. While FP+ would take some of the FPs out of the cue, making it more difficult to get a 2nd FP for a top attraction later in the day, it may still be more beneficial for us to continue using the standard FP system. Adding to that, it is difficult (financially) for our family of 6 to stay onsite.

One bullet in the "Converting to Paperless Tickets" section that I found intersting was.

•You may convert up to five valid unexpired paper tickets or passes for yourself and for your Friends.

Does that mean if everyone in my family of 6 had a valid unexpired paper ticket, I would only be able to convert 5 of them?

Limited info available says:

FP+ is limited to one park per day, with four FP choices per day.

That would "use up" the 20 FP allotments over 5 days.

Will this be the case?

Who knows?

Just a note, that it appers that Hollywood Studios will be 3 rather than 4 per day.

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/10388

It has been linked (and quoted) a bunch of times in different threads about FP+. Disney has said for now, you will have to chose between FP+ and regular FP.

Until they take normal FP away all togehter.

I'm still curious what a "Superuser" is.

Thanks for pointing me to that. So it seems that for the time being that the regular FP system will remain in place. On each day that we are in the parks, we use on average 5-7 FPs and mostly (or entirely) for the top attractions. While FP+ would take some of the FPs out of the cue, making it more difficult to get a 2nd FP for a top attraction later in the day, it may still be more beneficial for us to continue using the standard FP system. Adding to that, it is difficult (financially) for our family of 6 to stay onsite.

One bullet in the "Converting to Paperless Tickets" section that I found intersting was.

•You may convert up to five valid unexpired paper tickets or passes for yourself and for your Friends.

Does that mean if everyone in my family of 6 had a valid unexpired paper ticket, I would only be able to convert 5 of them?

That's per person/account/wristband. Like if you had 5 unused park hoppers or whatever, you could allot all their days to your "magic wristband of blinking Disney Magic" on your account. You can put other tickets on other people's accounts.

This is part of what leads me to believe APs at resorts will just get "resort benefits" for FP+ during their stays (however many per day a park allows) but there's no proof of that conclusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter