April 8, 2006 Western Magic Cruise

Vavasmon,

We are also doing the submarine at Cozumel. Wasn't sure if it's better to do that at Cozumel, or Grand Cayman.

OK people! We can't be on page two with less than two weeks left until our cruise! BUMP!

UMTerp

Thanks Um. I couldn't find the right place to register the kids last night. The site was having some problems last night. It would freeze and log me out. I'll try again later.

Got a phone call from MIL last evening. MIL & FIL are cancelling their trip. My FIL had to go to ER last evening and has to see the doctor today. Hopefully, it's some kind of bug. :sad2:

LAK, We were looking at the sub for Grand Cayman. We're not sure what we're doing now that the ILS aren't coming.

We're packing! :cheer2:

Pocono

Hi Everyone

I got my docs today. :banana:
Getting more packed.
finally got a hair appointment to get it cut before the cruise. :Pinkbounc
I leave friday at 9am for ocean city. Hope I have time to get it all done when I get back. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Pocono-did you find your info on line that you were looking for?

Lori

SUCH a big guessing game being a first-timer. My train of thought for Cozumel - submarine, was that it sounds iffy at cozumel--can't go wrong on the submarine. Just not sure what to do where. So I'm going with "don't stress Lori!" plans.

Talked to a friend today, who has been on the Western and the Eastern. Her favorite was the Western. Our room is on the first deck. She thought that might be a problem if any of us have quezy stomachs. I'm going to see how much more $$ to move up. Most of our trip was compliments of our lumber yard...so what's a few more $$, right? (try telling that to my DH! ha!)

Any words of wisdom are welcomed!

Pocono - I'll get back on tonight and let you know where I got to the kids info. I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL! I know it was going to be a special trip for them! I hope he will be OK! Do you want to try to do the Native Way tour with us in Grand Cayman? I can see if they can add you to our list? Let me know what you think.

Polly - congrats on your docs! And for getting some packing done!

lak - We did the sub in Cozumel and loved it! I don't think you can go wrong with that one. Be sure to look for the flying fish on your way to/from the sub!
If you are worried about quezy stomaches DO NOT move up a deck!!! You are in the right place! That is one of the reasons why we don't go for a higher category! When DD and I were quezy on our August cruise the best place for us was the lower decks! We tried the theater, dining rooms, etc. but we were much better off in our stateroom (on deck 2)!

We are starting to get some organizing done in prep for packing! I can't believe it's coming up so soon!

UMTerp

I finally registered the kiddos. :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc Thank you for all the help.

dd started packing her suitcase yesterday. First, she brought all her summer stuff into the spare bedroom and dumped them on the bed. She tried on everything and found that she had grown. Now, she has piles of cruise stuff and charity stuff. The pile that made the final cut is sitting in the suitcase and is easily 10 -12 inches taller that the depth of the suitcase. I think we all may have to sit on her suitcase at once to get it closed. I don't see any shoes, so she must be going barefoot for the trip. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It's amazing how the kids can take over a room in a short time.

Um, I don't remember what Nature's Way entails.

Pocono

Pocono - glad you hear you got the kids registered. Did you give them self-checkout for the first night? I did. I'll change it for DD after the first night. She has specific instructions not to leave without us. We signed up for the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour with Native Way. Here is the web site: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html#RRR
It's a trip to stingray city, snorkling at a barrier reef, rum point beach and lunch. It's gotten great reviews on Cruise Critic. It is a 5 hours trip and costs $40/pp for adults and $45/pp for kids 10 and under.

UMTerp

Posted this on the wrong thread this morning and couldn't figure out what happened to it!

Well I have a nice detailed list of what to pack for everyone.... one page for clothes and one for extras....

but I too am stuck in what to bring for dinner attire. I dont want to overpack. I have suits for the guys but I guess I will bring slacks and a couple of nicer shirts and rotate through them. I have no idea what I am going to wear. Im in the process of losing weight (lost 20 pounds since January) so my wardrobe is in the in between phase. I really have nothing that fits right. I dont want to go and buy a bunch of stuff that isnt going to fit in a few weeks.

My suitcases are waiting anxiously to be packed. I just went and bought new Samsonite Spinners and they are so easy to move.

We get into Orlando on Friday night and are staying over at the Marriott then catching the Disney bus to the dock.

Um,

Thanks for the link to Nature's Way. I'll check with the others and let you know. Kate wants to try snorkeling again. We were going to try it at CC.

I gave Kate check out priviledges, but not Brett. He's too young to be on his own, even on the Magic. I don't give him charging priviledges either. I thought I read somewhere that the kids can't stay by themselves the first night. I must be getting old because I can't remember where or what I've read. :rolleyes:

Pocono

Melora -- We're staying at the Mariott at Cocoa Beach.

UMterp-Heard good things about the Native Way watersports, then? Do you know if this is this something I can wait until we're there to book?

Thanks for the info regarding 1st deck. Almost thought about upgrading..but there isn't a lot left!

Good morning everyone!

Melora - I know what you mean. I've been trying to loose some weight myself over the past year and none of my shorts fit just right! I'm trying not to take extra clothes, just what we are going to wear.

Pocono - You are right, they can't stay in by themselves the first night unless they have checkout privs. I'm going to give it to Ashlyn for the first day only and then switch her.

lak - Yes, I've read good things about Native Way. I'm not sure about booking once you get there. We already have our credit card information in with them for our tour. We haven't used them before so this will be a first for us.

I was thinking more about the wine tasting. What does everyone think about meeting on deck 9 somewhere near the adult pool? I'm thinking that no one would care if we are drinking wine there but someone might care if we were closer to the kids pools. How does that sound? We can get a few tables and push them together. Let me know what your thoughts are.

P.S., I am booked on the August 8, 2007 Med cruise! My TA called last night! Now I have to decide if we are really going!

Have a great day!

UMTerp

Hello everyone----boy am I having trouble keeping up with all the new people the last few weeks. Looks like we have multiplied our numbers. Welcome to all!!!!

UM--we were thinking of booking Med. I thought they were not booking until April 4th----I am so confused. If you do not mind me asking what did they quote you? We usually get a verandah and get my mom and one of my kids an inside across the hall. It is funny all the people I know that were down for a suite that have been called have ended up cancelling it due to cost so I am curious what ours would be.

We will definitely be there for the meet at 3. Again I am not sure about the wine deal but we can always come for the company and bring our own drink if thats OK. (since we are up in the AIR) We have a spa appt right after that.

Re: playa Mia---------we went there last time with DCL. If you go, be prepared for a crowd. Like your friend said the party boat goes here and they have the band cranking. Every cruise line also goes here. It is a cattle call. Food is bad also. On the reverse, we had an awesome time and may go back. The water and beach were gorgeous. The drinks were great and the play things in the water were so much fun. My kids loved the climbing wall and trampolines. Just go with the party attitude and you will be fine. If you want a quiet day at the beach this is NOT the place.

For all newcomers---

Key West ---not a lot to do here as far as side tours but lots of fun to walk around.

Grand Cayman---Yes, snorkeling is the best here. However, they are famous for stingray city. It is a can't miss kind of thing. There are plenty of tour operators when you get off the tender that will be there for you to book on the spot to do a snorkel stingray city thing and they will let you take any children. No age limits. We have done this and it works well. My 1 and a half yr old did this. She is now almost 4. My 6 and 9 yo love it. They always provide everything too. (snorkel gear, drinks, transportation)

Cozumel---beaches and water excursions are fantastic, however if you have older kids the ruins are great. Don't take little ones on that. Many beach parks here with everything included. You can take a taxi to any of them for a few dollars and pay an entrance fee. Water is crystal clear.

Just my 2 cents.
Judy

Hi Judy! Glad to see you posting on our thread again! I got a call from my TA last night. I was surprised by it too! I have been on my TA's waitlist for a few months now. The price we were quoted is about $8800 for 2 adults, 1 12-year old, 1 9-year old in a Cat 9. No insurance, no transfers, just cruise only. The deposit was $500 per person but is fully refundable (up to a given date,not sure if it will 90 days out or 75 days). Now we will have to see how much airfare is!
Yes, you can play it by ear for the wine tasting! Thanks for the info about Playa Mia! I am still really torn about where to go! I would really like to go to Paradise Beach after everything I've read but I'm afraid it will be jammed and we won't be able to get a seat anywhere! I'm glad to know that Playa Mia has the toys for the kids too! That is one thing we are looking for. Thanks!

Talk to you soon!

UMTerp

Good Morning

What were you all refering to when saying the kids couldnt stay the first night without check out privledges? I gave them to my just turned 11 year old but hubby says he doesnt need them so I was going to change that when we got there but where cant he stay without them?

We dont drink wine but figured we would come and say hello anyway.

We're booked for the stingray excursion on CC but still feel like Im missing something by not seeing stingray city on GC. We have the younger set who really dont swim well so I guess its better to do it off the beach rather than the boat.

Hi Melora! The kids can not stay in the kids club without a parent the first night unless they can check themselves out. In my opinion, this isn't fair to the repeat cruiser kids who are comfortable in the club/lab. This will be the fourth cruise for my kids and they are comfortable in the club/lab. They don't need my DH and I in with them. They want to go the first night and meet all of the kids. They don't need mom/dad with them to do that. Because of that, I will give my DD (8) sign out privs the first night and then take the privs away after that. She knows she is not to leave without one of us the first night. We've already discussed it with her. I'm not sure she will even want to go with all of the adults in there the first night. We will see... About the wine tasting, YES please come by even if you don't drink wine! It is just something very informal and everyone is welcome!

UMTerp

Good Afternoon Everyone,

$8,800 for cat. 9 OUCH! I wonder how much the return repo will cost for similar family group. I've priced airfare for this year in July and August. The cheapest fare that I could find was around $1,000. I wonder how much DCL will be charging for airfare?

8 days and we'll be on our way! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Pocono

UMTerp said:
Hi Judy! Glad to see you posting on our thread again! I got a call from my TA last night. I was surprised by it too! I have been on my TA's waitlist for a few months now. The price we were quoted is about $8800 for 2 adults, 1 12-year old, 1 9-year old in a Cat 9. No insurance, no transfers, just cruise only. The deposit was $500 per person but is fully refundable (up to a given date,not sure if it will 90 days out or 75 days). Now we will have to see how much airfare is!
Yes, you can play it by ear for the wine tasting! Thanks for the info about Playa Mia! I am still really torn about where to go! I would really like to go to Paradise Beach after everything I've read but I'm afraid it will be jammed and we won't be able to get a seat anywhere! I'm glad to know that Playa Mia has the toys for the kids too! That is one thing we are looking for. Thanks!

Talk to you soon!

UMTerp

I am sorry that I forget to post over here too. I know some of the Christmas cruisers already so it is easier to keep a conversation going and it is a hopping thread. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the posts. Sometimes I think I have posted over here but haven't. Last few days had the inlaws in town and the big golf tournament here in our neighborhood was Mon/Tues so now we move on to the cruise.

Melora--the water is generally about 3 ft deep in the bay in GC. Haven't done the CC one nor been there since they began this so unable to compare.

Personally I will not give my 9 yo sign out privies just due to horseplay and all the weird disappearances on ships. I would rather miss the first night than go there. Guess I may be over cautious but that is the most comforting to me.

So $8800 for 4 in a Cat 9 ---I will have to work that out on paper for a cat 6 and 11, One thing it is a longer cruise so I can only compare the Christmas cruise which is also 10 day. I need to contact Barb and see if she is booking any yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter