April 8, 2006 Western Magic Cruise

Does anyone know anything about the Dune Buggy Tours in Coz? This looks like fun, but I'm always a bit nervous about doing something on my own.

Pocono

Judy - good point about the club/lab. My DS will be in there with her so that contributes to how I feel about it. We will see, I may change my mind. Did your DS get his cast off?

Pocono - don't know anything about dune buggy tours. Have you checked on cruise critic?

UMTerp

Yes YEAH cast is off. Now if we can keep all the monkeys safe for another week all is good.

I did not get into the shape I wanted to before this cruise. Guess I can shoot for Christmas.

UM- you guys are doing Europe in Aug. correct? That is too late due to school for us. I was looking into July.

Pocono,

Our group of 10 has ressies for the dune buggie tour thru cozumelhomes.com. I've been chatting with Veronica from there. The charge is $65/adult and $45/child. We had to give a $20/adult deposit and $10/child. I've researched it thru other boards and sounds pretty fun. If we don't make it to Coz, she will refund all money. Also, if we are late she said they would wait for us.

Still no docs here!

Hey Judy - I know what you mean about keeping the monkeys safe! I have one of those too! And keeping them healthy too! One girl in my DS's 6th grade class had to miss the field trip to Philadelphia today because she has chickenpox! Luckily, my kids have been vacinated and had them so we are OK on that front! Yes, we are going to the Med in August. Our school doesn't start until after Labor Day here. Good luck in getting the cruise you are interested in! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Pocono - how is your FIL? Still in the hospital? I've been thinking about him.

UMTerp

MNrae said:
Pocono,

Our group of 10 has ressies for the dune buggie tour thru cozumelhomes.com. I've been chatting with Veronica from there. The charge is $65/adult and $45/child. We had to give a $20/adult deposit and $10/child. I've researched it thru other boards and sounds pretty fun. If we don't make it to Coz, she will refund all money. Also, if we are late she said they would wait for us.

Still no docs here!
No docs????? You better call them. We have had ours for awhile. Someone asked if you booked with an agent where do they come from----DCL. We booked with DU and they came right away from DCL.

Help. can't decide what to wear for formal and semi-formal night. What are all of you wearing?

MNRae - Yes, I agree. If you don't have docs, call them!

lak - I'm wearing black dresses for both. One long, one short. Makes life easier for me. DH and DS will wear a suit for each with different shirt.

Wine tasting - How about if we meet on the same side of the ship as the Mickey slide/drink station (can't remember port/starboard) near the adult pool at 2:00PM on the second sea day. Right now, that would be Thursday but I wanted to leave it for the second sea day in case we have a change in itinerary for whatever reason. Just trying to play it safe. Please bring your wine and a cheese plate/snacks (from Topsiders and/or Room Service). We can get glasses from one of the bars and I will have a cork screw. Anything else anyone can think of? How does that sound? OK?

Packed yet?

UMTerp

Hey, I haven't started packing yet! Does that make me a slacker?? :lmao:

I just told my DH that we are taking a 4th piece of luggage just for the extras that I've learned about on this board: over the door shoe rack, surge protector, snorkel equipment, corkscrew, pirate stuff, etc. etc. pirate:

The wine tasting sounds faboo.

I have to go to Home Depot and get some Mickey paint chips (lime green) for our door. DH went to Home Depot yesterday and "forgot" them LOL.

I really can't believe that the date is coming up so soon. I haven't been that excited until now!!

We'll be on the 7th deck in a category 5 room. I hope you can see more than sky from your chair on the veranda? Looks like you might not be able to?

Deb

Hey all - I just wanted to pop in to bump us up and say how excited I am!!!

I can't wait! We fly down on Friday and are staying at the Hyatt.

Woo hooo!!!

Sharon

WOW you guys were a chatty group today. I had some reading to do.

FIL is being treated with medication and will be seeing the doctor for monitoring. Thanks for the concern

I checked cruise critic for reviews of the dune buggys, but I don't remember anyone on these boards talking about them The dune buggys got great reviews on cruise critic. DH and I don't drive stick, so we have to check with SIL & BIL to see if they want to go on this trip. Otherwise, I think we'll probably do Fury Cat. Cruise. We did this excursion the last time and had a great time.

Black dresses for me and dd and suits for my men on formal night. Skirts for semiformal and blazers for semiformal.

The wine tasting locale sounds good time. Add my sil and bil to the list.

Pocono

PS Did anyone notice that we are in single digits for our trip! Anyone want to single digit dance with me? :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Hey girls!!!!

Been running around all day picking up all those annoying things that seem to be missing from my kids wardrobes. Can't seem to find the right size dress shoes for son. Must be a popular size. Hope I locatre some.

Any news on the missing docs????? I know this happens although it hasn't ever happened to us. You must be able to handle that at the port. What time is everyone arriving? I thought maybe we would arrive a little later this time and try that but daughter wants to do tea with Wendy so I guess its 10 am for us. Will be by the Mickey Pool all day after eating lunch at Topsiders. Look for us---all blondies. I will be the one with the Bahama Mama in my
hand. My kids will be the ones eating all the icecream they can.

Judy,

We should be in the terminal sometime around 10. We staying at the Radisson the night before and can't wait to get onboard. Lunch will be in Parrot Cay for us and then to Deck 9. We'll be the ones with the winter tans (milky white). :rotfl2:

Pocono

Pocono - OK, I'll add your SIL & BIL to the list!

Judy - We will be on the 10:00 shuttle from the Radison so we should be there around 10:15 or so? Don't worry about tickets for tea with Wendy. I don't think they will go that fast. Most repeat cruisers won't do that one again anyway (My 2 cents only).

Lunch in Parrot Cay for us too and then on to Deck 9! We will be like Poconos family with our winter white tans and hope to remain that way throughout the cruise! I have a red head! If you see a red head boy about 5'4" (too tall for 11 years old!) that will be us.

Almost done collecting cookie money! I'll be glad when this is over!!!

UMTerp

TA called today and she has our docs! Made me nervous a bit after I read your posts. All is well. :goodvibes

I wish I could make plans to meet everyone but with our group of 10 I don't know what to expect. I'll try and be there at least - sounds fun!

You all sound as though you wil be so nicely dressed for dinners. Can I get away with black dress pants? DS has NO dress shoes - DH says he can wear his sandals - can he? I hate to buy something that I'll have to fight him to wear once or maybe twice.

Re:dress for dinners

Most nights even jeans will do. My kids have always dressed in khaki slacks and polo shirts and then we wear resort wear (Tommy Bahama type stuff) No shorts.

On formal nights my kids wear black pants and a dress shirt. I have never bought them a suit or tux as they would never wear it again. They have fit in quite nicely. Almost everyone is atleast in Sunday best. The adults dress formally.

On semiformal night we do about the same. I think my husband loses the jacket. My mom usually wears black dressy pants with a sparkly top and looks great.

Congrats on locating the docs!!! I was sweating it out for you. Maybe that is something that they choose when making your ressies---where your docs will be mailed to. I have never booked with a private travel agent just Barb and DU.

My husband just groaned over the formal, semi-formal and palo attire. Made him buy a new suite. And announced he'll need to take some dockers...or wear his suit pants multiple times. We have a home building business. He's a general contractor out running around all day amongst new construction.

I was tempted to buy a really nice long dress for formal night...just because I never get that opportunity. Was actually looking at the mother of the bride dresses on the chadwicks site. HA! But didn't know how many actually DO wear things like that. I have black chiffon ...whatever you call the "flowing" pants with the overlay skirt. Fancy top for formal night. other for semi-formal.

What type of attire should I expect for Palo?

Would you equate semi-formal to business casual? Or a wide-range? Actually..I'm pretty much going to do what makes me happy! But just curious!!

I just got home from Tampa and wanted to pop in and say hi (this has been a busy thread this week). The weather in Tampa was beautiful all week. I went to Busch Gardens this morning and got a little sun before flying home tonight.

Thanks to Sue Ellen, my DD now has docs - It appears that UPS lost the corrected set.

I called the Raddison on Monday and was able to get on the 10am shuttle so that is taken care of. I am planning on using their pool all day Friday and then eating dinner at the hotel since we don't have a car. DH picked up his tux pants and DD formal dress at the tailors this week, I need to do laundry from this weeks business trip, buy a few last minute items (disposable water cameras) and then pack for the cruise. My mother's birthday is April the 11th so we are celebrating on Saturday. I am making the kabobs to grill, a salad, and cake so I need to take care of that after popping into work tomorrow.

Palos is anything nice- brunch is resort casual and dinner is a little dressier but I had heard they changed their requirements. Anything you already have with you will be fine. I will tell you that alot of men lose the jacket shortly so if he did not have one it isn't a big deal. Look at it like ---I will never see these people again in my life and I paid alot of money to relax. Remember if you totally do not want to dress up you have the option of eating at Topsiders sit down service and it is usually a very similar menu. Otherwise you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter