April 8, 2006 Western Magic Cruise

No quiet weekend for us. Just got back from the high school. This weekend was the high school musical the music man. We went last night too. the show was incredible. DD did such a good job as did all the other kids. It is amazing the talent that is at her school. DS had a wrestling tournament today. He lost all 5 matches, but it was a great experience. This is his first year wrestling and he wrestled kids with a lot more experience today. Next week should be quiet, lacrosse doesn't start for another week.

UM-good luck with your sleepover. I hope you get some sleep. :rotfl2: My little dd is sleeping over at grandma's. I know she'll get sleep there.

Flu has started to hit our area. My next door neighbor has it now. I'm hoping the kids don't get it.

Judy-thanks for the info on Coz. I do hope we go there.

Have a great night. I have an hour to go before I have to pick dd up from the cast party. I told her she could only stay until 12:30. I need to get some sleep.

Lori

Hello everyone! We survived! We got some sleep! I didn't hear much out of the girls from 12:15 until 6:20 this morning. There were 7 girls at the party including DD, but two had to leave and didn't sleep over. It worked out fine except that morning pickup should have been alot earlier! Live and learn. DS has an inner ear infection. His pain is much reduced now! No flu in our house or around our neighborhood yet that I know of. Hope it stays that way.

Vavasmon - I'm sorry to hear about the mistake in your docs! Have you contacted DCL? I think I would just to be sure. I e-mailed David in Costa Maya and he is going to hold four slots for me on their tour. I'm supposed to let him know closer to the date. I hope you make out OK being on the road so much! Don't get sick! I know what you mean about being worried about the flu, I am too!

Judy - Thanks for the update! Let's keep our fingers crossed for Cozumel - if they are ready for us! We are planning to take a taxi to Paridise Beach if we go there. Keeping my fingers crossed that your DS's cast comes off soon! Glad your DH is doing better too! Maybe you can at least take a deep breath now!

lak - Yes, you can celebrate b-days/anniversaries on the cruise that aren't during the cruise. We did that last time.

Pocono - No more illness! Tell your kids not to share! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Polly - How fun to watch your DD doing such a great job in the musical! Too bad your DS didn't have better luck but it sounds like you/he have a great attitude!

I'm going to take a nap now!

UMTerp

Did everyone read the post of the most recent report on Magic Western trip? They didn't go to Cozumel. They went to Costa Maya.

Still hurting from Illinois' early exit from NCAA,

lak - It had been reported some time ago that our sailing (April 8th) would be the first cruise to return to Cozumel so it's no surprise that the cruises before ours went to CM. That's what was expected to happen. It will be interesting to see if we are in face the first cruise to return to Cozumel.

DD tried on her summer clothes yesterday afternoon so she is pretty well set. Still have to get DS to do the same. Starting to make piles of things to take!
A little over two weeks and we will be in FL!!!

Anyone else interested in an informal wine tasting 2PM on the 2nd sea day?
So far I have:
UMTerp & DH - 2
Pocono & DH - 2
Vavasmon & DH - 2
Anyone else?

Have a great day!

UMTerp

With all my surfing....HOW did I miss that!? ;-)

Received my docs today.

Hey, guys. Thanks for checking up on us lurkers! Still planning to cruise, and getting very excited!! :goodvibes So much going on here, that I've barely had time to read the boards, but I have been keeping up with everybody! We still haven't gotten our docs, but I'm checking the mail daily! :hourglass I did too much shopping this weekend and bought way more stuff than I can possibly wear! So excited I couldn't help myself! :teeth: What is everyone doing for Pirate night? Thanks for all the info you vets pass on. Newbys like me really appreciate the extra help! :disrocks: :thanks:

HI Everyone,

NO docs. yet :sad2:

Welcome back Disney_Mommy.

Polly Kudos to your kids

Um glad you survived. My dd's first sleepover lasted until somewhere around 2 or 3. They only quieted down after I pointed to the spot on the floor where I was going to join them. They were up and raring to go by 6:30.

Lak I'm sorry for your loss. Too bad for Syracuse too!

Judy Did DS get his cast off? How's the dh feeling?

Tomorrow is the big day. I can't wait to hear the schedule for next summer. The Mystery at Sea was fun to follow. I'm hoping that Disney will explain the clues.

Pocono

Good morning everyone!

Welcome back disney_mommy!

Hope everyone gets docs soon!

I called the Radisson last night and got on the 10:00 shuttle to the port. Anyone else joining us on the shuttle? We decided to return the rental earlier that morning and take the shuttle over all together. We did that last time and it worked out great!

Can't wait to get into that warm weather! It's going to snow here today! Enough already!

Have a great day!

Packed yet?

UMTerp

Good Morning UM,

NO snow here today in the Poconos :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
We're using the rental car to get to the port. I think that will be easier for us with all the bags. Brett is so excited :yay: :yay: :yay: He gives me the count everytime he thinks about going on vacation. I still haven't found a bathing suit so I don't want those days to go to quickly.

Are you checking the website for the announcement today? I have to work and won't have access to a computer until 2:30. Bob said he would leave a message on my cell.

Pocono

Good morning Pocono!

Yes, I'll be checking this morning to see what the announcement is!

My kids are really excited too! I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I need to try on my summer clothes and see what's going to work out for this trip!

Here's hoping for good news today!

UMTerp

Howdy all

We are sailing on our first Disney cruise and are so excited.

Aside from ourselves we will have our 17 year old daughter (who hopes she meets some people her age) our just turned 11 year old son, our 6 year old daughter who we adopted from Russia one year ago and our 5 year son.

We are doing the trolley tour on Key West, the Island tour on Grand Cayman and the Tulum Ruins on Cozmul (Hoping we get to doc there). We have nothing yet planned for Castaway Cay. I wanted to check out some other excursions but the website is giving me issues.

Im worried about packing as I dont want to bring a ton of stuff but dont really want to spend time washing laundry.

If I booked through a travel agent will she get our docs or will they come straight to us? We dont have any yet.

Cant wait to go!!!!

Welcome Melora!

I have an 11-year old DS going on this cruise too! He is has been on 3 DCL cruises already so he would be a good resource for your DS. We booked through a TA and our docs came straight to us. Not sure if that is the case with all TAs or not. Sounds like you have some good excursions planned.

Have a great day!

UMTerp

Pocono,

I'm right there with you on the swimsuit thing. Talk about draining the magic out of a magical cruise. Not my idea of fun :guilty: I need to get past it and concentrate on the good time I plan on having!

What's the news we're waiting for? The Cozumel thing?

Also, do I need a rolling cooler? Everyone says it is such a great thing to have. Isn't it a hassle having to keep your eye on it? What do you do with it while you are on a boat (snorkling) or out swimming?

MNrae - Disney had a "big" announcement yesterday about the Magic moving to the Med in the Summer of 2007. It wasn't really news to this board but it was the official announcement. I don't take a rolling cooler for what it's worth.

Pocono - Are you guys thinking about one of the Med cruises? I think the prices are going to be too high for us. It looks like maybe $14,000 for a cat 9!
That doesn't include air, transfers, excursions, tips, etc...! We'll see what pricing tier we get quoted and make a decision from there. We are thinking maybe a cruise to Alaska may be in the works for us for summer 2007.

It's getting close now! Can't wait!

Have a great day!

UMTerp

Just got finished reviewing some info on cruise critic about Cozumel. We were originally planning to go to Paradise Beach as I've read good reviews. However, we are going to be the last ship in that day out of seven!!! I can't imagine that there would be one lounge chair left by the time we get there. I'm now thinking about Playa Mia instead. Anyone know anything about this beach? What is everyone else planning?

UMTerp

Hi there! We are also first time cruisers, going with my folks, my sisters' family, my dh, dd15, ds11, and dd10--whom we also adopted from Russia! I feel like a fish out of water on these boards, but am sure gathering some good info! Has anyone with teenagers (esp. daughters) had any concerns with kids coming back alone from evening teen activities? Don't want to be paranoid...just smart!

Leaving from the great Northwest to a great Western cruise! :bounce:

I'm just starting to bounce around this thread, but I noticed your posting about your dd being in Music Man. I just got my dd15 from rehearsal for Beauty and the Beast. Perhaps we could hook them up?
Linda :banana:

Hi mslinda4him - glad you found us!

For anyone how joined the thread recently, we are all planning to meet near Goofy's Galley on Deck 9 at about 3:00 on Saturday so we can get to know our fellow DIS board cruisers. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

UMTerp

UMTerp said:
Anyone else interested in an informal wine tasting 2PM on the 2nd sea day?
So far I have:
UMTerp & DH - 2
Pocono & DH - 2
Vavasmon & DH - 2
Anyone else?
UMTerp
So far we are planning on wine tasting, I'll probably bring my neighbor, not sure if the grandma's or the DH's will join us, but at least 2 maybe 7.

Lots of snow here today, but no docs.

I may have to go shopping. I needed to lose 10 pounds to fit into last years clothes, and well, that hasn't happened. So now I have to go try everything on. :sad2: Oh Well, my Dh said to dress comfortable and don't stress about it.

DD is sick today. Hope it is something minor, like a cold.
Hope everyone is staying healthy. pixiedust:
My kids board says 15 days till we are in florida, can't wait. :woohoo:

Back to work now

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter