April 28th Dream Bahamas Cruise

Hey all..
We are from Florida, have NEVER been on a cruise, didn't book excursions, thought about trying Palos.....if they have openings...can hardly wait for this trip....having a hard time not mentioning the cruise to my girls...since its a surprise. Trying to be as prepared as possible.

They will reserve some palo times for on board scheduling. As soon as you get on board head to the place where you take care of dining - I'm not sure where it is (maybe d lounge) and see what is available.

Where are you from?
We are from Brampton, Ontario; that's just north of Toronto.

How long have you been cruising?
We started in 2001 on the Disney Wonder. This will be our 10th DCL cruise! We're on Allure of the seas the week before our Dream cruise; just wanted to try it out! We've been on 2 RCI cruises in addition to our Allure cruise. We really like RCI but DCL is our favourite! We've booked Fantasy already for August2014; then we will have cruised on all the Disney ships!

Have you booked any excursions?
No excursions but we plan to go to the Sheraton Hotel in Nassau and use their beach. We're just taking the jitney (local bus) to the hotel. And we've booked the jet skis at Castaway Cay. First time for both activities.

What are you looking forward to the most?
Enjoying the cruise with my DS20 as he hasn't been able to travel with us for a few years due to work. Also can't wait to be on the beach at Castaway Cay!

What are you least looking forward to on the cruise?
Waking up early on the last day and then having to leave the ship.

Looking at pictures of the Queen's staircase and the fort is making me want to spend an hour or so walking around that area in Nassau. We (husband and I) will just walk there from the ship (looks like 15 or so minutes). Is anyone interested in going with us?

My DH the kids and I (5 of us) have been talking about going for a walkabout, I have been looking at the Queens staircase. We might be "in" for the walk, if u don't mind us dragging the kids along on your adult outing.

Hey all..
We are from Florida, have NEVER been on a cruise, didn't book excursions, thought about trying Palos.....if they have openings...can hardly wait for this trip....having a hard time not mentioning the cruise to my girls...since its a surprise. Trying to be as prepared as possible.

I am trying so hard to keep our secret cruise as well. She hs been helping me with the FE gifts, and she asks a lot of questions. So I have had to tell a few white lies. Lord forgive me. Lol.

My DH the kids and I (5 of us) have been talking about going for a walkabout, I have been looking at the Queens staircase. We might be "in" for the walk, if u don't mind us dragging the kids along on your adult outing.

I din't mind kids at all! I'm a pre-k teacher and gymnastics coach. I'll mention it to my husband. We can always split ways if you or we want to stay longer or leave earlier.

Talked to DW about getting off and wandering around Nassau. We didn't the last time, she thought it'd be a good idea, but wants to play it by ear.

We are coming in the day before the cruise and staying at VWL for the night, then taking the Disney bus over to the port. On the way back, we're staying 2 nights at SSR. No parks, but maybe a water park. Gotta hit downtown Disney for the kids.

Does anyone know where we can get a bottle of wine on property before we board? We're using ME to get to and from the airport and won't have the luxury of a car. I was going to buy a bottle and then put it in the luggage for the flight down, but DW is afraid it'll break and we'll have wine running loose in our baggage.....ok, it'll be my suitcase.:scared1:

Thanks all. Not long now.
:cool2:

Got my room assignment today. Deck 2, 2014. I looked at the room reviews and it looks like an OK room. Can't complain - I've paid more for an inside room. :cool1:

I believe the Trading Posts over at FW carry wine. It wont be an extensive selection but a couple bottles (as well as other alcohol). Really easy from VWL, just go down to the dock and hop the Contemporary / Fort Wilderness boat, walk over to the Trading Post (really close to the FW dock) and voila!

Update: As I typed this I called the magical and all powerful Disney operator and got transferred to the Settlement Trading Post. The gentleman said both trading posts carry about 8-10 different bottles from Merlot, Cabernet, etc.

Clint

Cast: Me=Kim; DH=Dennis

Celebrating our 50th Birthdays and 30th Anniversary this year! :cool1:

This is our 4th Disney Cruise, first time on The Dream boat :goodvibes

2000 With our 2 DS, celebrating our 40th B-Days and 20th Anniversary 4 nights of Wonder!
2004 With our 2 DS, to enjoy 7 nights of Magic!
2007 Our first cruise without kids, :banana: celebrating our 25th Anniversary!
2013 Another cruise without kids, :rolleyes1 celebrating more milestones
I see a pattern here. :)

See ya Real Soon!:earsboy:

So, after I posted this I realized my math didn't add up, not that anyone would check but actually,

2000 our first cruise we didn't celebrate my 40th I was only 37, gahhh!
2003 40th B-day 20th Anniv
2008 45th B-day 25th Anniv
2013 50th B-day 30th Anniv

Thanks, now I feel better, clarifying that :)

Where are you from?
Apollo Beach, FL south of Tampa

this is our forth Disney Cruise. Have sailed on Epic and Royal Caribbean before

No plans for any excursions

What are you looking forward to the most about this cruise?
Serenity Bay @ Castaway Cay BABY!

What are you least looking forward to about this cruise?
"Having to get off on the Thursday" I concur!

12 more days, not counting today Monday 4/15!

Looking at pictures of the Queen's staircase and the fort is making me want to spend an hour or so walking around that area in Nassau. We (husband and I) will just walk there from the ship (looks like 15 or so minutes). Is anyone interested in going with us?

We are also thinking about going to Queen's Staircase. We might be interested too. It would be DH, DW, & DS (age 10). We are doing some other stuff, but since we dont know what it is like on the way to the staircase, we would feel safer walking with others. :dance3:

We are also thinking about going to Queen's Staircase. We might be interested too. It would be DH, DW, & DS (age 10). We are doing some other stuff, but since we dont know what it is like on the way to the staircase, we would feel safer walking with others. :dance3:

Sounds good to us! If I didn't say so earlier, welcome to the cruise and welcome the disboards!

Where are you from?
Originally I'm from NY, NY as well as my oldest daughter, DW is from SLC, UT and our two littlest princesses are from Las Vegas, NV

First one on the Magic in 1997, Magic 1998, various carnival, HAL, and NCL will be my cruise #10 or 11

Nope, going to do the tour Nassau.
here it is
http://www.brentjes.com/nassau.html

rented bike and floatation devices for CC

#1 the looks on my girls' faces when they learn they are going on their first disney cruise.
the rest in no particular order
Aqua Duck, food, Castaway Cay, room service wings, disney bars, cheese platter, trivia games maybe a bingo session, Midship detective agency, my girls dressing up more like princesses than pirates (they'll all have an eyepatch), shared verandah with my folks.

Coming home to possibly dead tomato plants and goldfish it was 84 two days ago now I see a ton of locusts everywhere. good time to get out of sin city
:rolleyes:

Thanks Clint!!!

Thought we were going have to hoof it over to Boardwalk and get some there. Appreciate the info.

Sure! Just post the info here and anyone with extras will do what they can!

Now I'm REALLY getting excited. Saw today that we have a cabin assignment and I've been working on the gifts for the fish extenders. We're in cabin 10154. We're Rob (49 yrs old), Tracey (43 yrs old) and Megan (4 yrs old) and we're in the late seating for dinner.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the trip!

-Tracey

Where are you from?
Littleton, Massachusetts

This is our first Disney cruise and first cruise for our daughter. I've been cruising since probably the 80s and my husband's first cruise was our honeymoon in 2000.

Yes, we're going to Atlantis when we're in Nassau. We've stayed there a couple of times and want to get back there.

Seeing my daughter enjoying herself and having some fun in the sun.

The end

-Tracey

We got our room assignment today. We got Deck 10:), but it is at the largest part of the overhang from Cabanas:confused3. Hope this will be okay, but who can complain when it is on a Disney Cruise.

I can get my wife's coffee in less than 2 minutes:moped:She will be happy about that. :coffee:

We go to Disney every year..i.but this is our first cruise..can't believe it's less than two weeks away !!! I watched the Aqua Duck video on YouTube tonight and for the first time I felt scared.....reality is setting it. Is everyone ready??

We go to Disney every year..i.but this is our first cruise..can't believe it's less than two weeks away !!! I watched the Aqua Duck video on YouTube tonight and for the first time I felt scared.....reality is setting it. Is everyone ready??

READY! I 'm one of those "odd ones" that starts packing weeks before and up to 5 mins before I leave for the airport. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter