April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

Hello all! Little late to join but we just paid our booking off. *whew*. Sorry for my ignorance, but what's a FE?

Anyhow, my wife & I live close to Galveston in Friendswood and are bringing our two boys (12 & 7) for our first ever Disney Cruise...both my sons first cruise ever! Can't wait!

Welcome!!! I made great friend from Friendswood on my last cruise! I live in the Woodlands (not TOO far away!)
I explain what FE (fish extenders) are on page 18 and on this site, many many people explain what it is. Simply put - you buy/make a "fish extender" and sign up (link in my signature) to exchange small gifts (handmade or store bought) with others in your group. You put the gifts in each other's "fish extenders" that will be hanging by their cabin door :)

Ah, I see! Since I'm kind of late at this, 28 pages started to see daunting around page 12. Lol. Sounds fun though. Will be sure to sign up! Love the Woodlands BTW. We looked at houses in both areas before settling on fwood.

Anyhow, my wife & I live close to Galveston in Friendswood and are bringing our two boys (12 & 7) for our first ever Disney Cruise...both my sons first cruise ever! Can't wait!

My 2 older boys will be happy to hear of more boys their ages going on this sailing -- they're 11 (5th grade) and 6 (1st grade) and want to make sure they have kids to play with :)

Cruisecrasher, unfortunately I'm not seeing my posting, regarding my request to add nchurchill (Nancy, Stacey, Loring & Laney) to your Roll Call. I also have us signed up for the FE under group 3.

Where do we find updates on the FE, Meet & Greet, etc.? I'm not on Facebook, sorry. Also, do you have any suggestions on finding a FE (locally, in Houston?). I Googled it and found displays on doors...what are individuals using to decorate their metal doors, misc. magnets? Oh, so many questions.

I'm trying to get my hands around how the posts work...appears to be by topic, not by cruise date like on Cruise Critic board whereas you can easily follow the daily threads???

On the April 26th cruise out of Galveston, I would like some insight as to what others will be doing in Key West and tips for those traveling with children under 3 who are not able to participate in the kid clubs. I see there's complimentary babysitting on the Castaway Cay, which will be some welcome free time for adult play as well. Not sure if you have to make advance reservations - does anyone know?

Many thanks for helping me get started. First cruise with children so I want to be prepared and as informed as possible.

Nancy

added you and am in process checking for other add/drop posts.
The complimentary childcare on Castaway Cay is for the kids who are registered through the clubs (age 3-12), I don't know about younger kids.
Purchased my FE through Jen from stitches n bows on etsy. I don't know if you can find a place to purchase them in a physical store rather than online.
Happy hunting!

javaj said:
My 2 older boys will be happy to hear of more boys their ages going on this sailing -- they're 11 (5th grade) and 6 (1st grade) and want to make sure they have kids to play with :)

Oh cool! Mine will be excited also! We're kinda worried about them splitting up between the two age groups. We've always been lucky that one watches for the other.

I see some questions at the bottom of the FE list. Not sure how long they have been there?
If anyone needs help understanding FE and/or how to read the spreadsheet please ask on here or facebook!
There ARE children listed on the FE spreadsheet. Whoever asked about there not being kids, please send me a message if youre confused :)

And to print....just go up to file and then print. It should work.

I see some questions at the bottom of the FE list. Not sure how long they have been there?
If anyone needs help understanding FE and/or how to read the spreadsheet please ask on here or facebook!
There ARE children listed on the FE spreadsheet. Whoever asked about there not being kids, please send me a message if youre confused :)

And to print....just go up to file and then print. It should work.

Hi WoodlandsMom. I followed your recommendation to print, however; it's not working. It takes you to a window to Open / Save or Save As. I've tried them all...do you need to save as a pdf. If anyone was successful, please advise. Step by step would be helpful for those who are computer challenged rotfl2:

Thank you.
Nana

Hi WoodlandsMom. I followed your recommendation to print, however; it's not working. It takes you to a window to Open / Save or Save As. I've tried them all...do you need to save as a pdf. If anyone was successful, please advise. Step by step would be helpful for those who are computer challenged rotfl2:

Thank you.
Nana

Do you have Microsoft Excel on your PC? If so, then you can:

1. Click on the link
2. Click on File
3. Click on "Download as"
4. Click on "Microsoft Excel .xlsx"
5. This will download the file to your machine - ensure you don't have any firewalls or download blockers. The excel file should now be in the your default download folder
6. To print, open the file in Excel, and click "File" "Print" as you would print any excel spreadsheet

If you don't have excel, then you may also download as pdf, and print from adobe reader.

Oh cool! Mine will be excited also! We're kinda worried about them splitting up between the two age groups. We've always been lucky that one watches for the other.

I'm worried about our older son, this is our first cruise where he's old enough to roam freely (you know what I mean!).

Since you live closer to Galveston - maybe you can give me advice on traffic on a Friday morning? We're driving down from Montgomery, heading south on I-45. How bad is it on a Friday morning? If we want to get to the port by 10 am, would it be better to leave early, maybe around 6 or so, and grab breakfast in Galveston?

Thanks!

Still looking for the mom who was looking for someone to trade pins with!! I don't think you are on the facebook group page so i'm trying here now. Send me a message please!

-Disney Dork Adrienne

Do you have Microsoft Excel on your PC? If so, then you can:

1. Click on the link
2. Click on File
3. Click on "Download as"
4. Click on "Microsoft Excel .xlsx"
5. This will download the file to your machine - ensure you don't have any firewalls or download blockers. The excel file should now be in the your default download folder
6. To print, open the file in Excel, and click "File" "Print" as you would print any excel spreadsheet

If you don't have excel, then you may also download as pdf, and print from adobe reader.

Remember we still have 21 days for people to join! For ex, if group 3 stays at only 10 people, we will probably divide the groups up to make them more even.

I'm worried about our older son, this is our first cruise where he's old enough to roam freely (you know what I mean!).

Since you live closer to Galveston - maybe you can give me advice on traffic on a Friday morning? We're driving down from Montgomery, heading south on I-45. How bad is it on a Friday morning? If we want to get to the port by 10 am, would it be better to leave early, maybe around 6 or so, and grab breakfast in Galveston?

Thanks!

I know you weren't asking me, but we will be traveling in the same direction (from Woodlands/Conroe area). We will definitely be leaving early to beat the traffic (traffic is going to be pretty bad starting at apx 7am). My husband drives to the Galleria every day and he always leaves at 6am or before in order to beat the traffic.

We grab breakfast (fast food) once we get down to Galveston and know that we passed all the traffic.

My biggest fear is that we get stuck in traffic and miss the ship!!!!

I know you weren't asking me, but we will be traveling in the same direction (from Woodlands/Conroe area). We will definitely be leaving early to beat the traffic (traffic is going to be pretty bad starting at apx 7am). My husband drives to the Galleria every day and he always leaves at 6am or before in order to beat the traffic.

We grab breakfast (fast food) once we get down to Galveston and know that we passed all the traffic.

Any input is welcome :goodvibes My husband also drives to the Galleria everday! My office is also in that area but I hardly ever need to work from there. 6 am's probably better. Kids can sleep in the car!

We probably live close by. We'll be right behind you driving down to Galveston then!

Still looking for the mom who was looking for someone to trade pins with!! I don't think you are on the facebook group page so i'm trying here now. Send me a message please!

-Disney Dork Adrienne

We are always looking for fun things to do. Can you tell me about pin trading? Where do you buy them (Ive seen them on ebay..?)

Last Cruise, Evan was 9, and roamed the ship freely! It was actually great for us! He had one wave phone and we called and texted through out. There were rules that we would eat, do show, ect together, and those were strickly inforced! But in the end we all had the best vacation ever because everyone was happy, and doing what they wanted! Evan however is a strong personality to say the least!;)

We are always looking for fun things to do. Can you tell me about pin trading? Where do you buy them (Ive seen them on ebay..?)

i saw them on amazon as well but never bought there, disney outlet store had it one time (great price) but they dont carry them always. i think there is a pin forum (pinpics.com it think) where you get info. i bought on ebay and the disney store.

Hi All! I know I'm a little late to this rodeo but we are going on the Magic April 26 as well. We are so excited. We live in Frisco, north of Dallas, but I'm grew up near Friendswood so I am loving these cruises out of Galevston!! We went on the Magic in September and had so much fun. It is the BEST vacation with kids. We have 2 boys who are 4 and 2. One of my high school friends is going with his family and one of my neighbors with their kids. Can't wait!!

FriscoMom2 said:
Hi All! I know I'm a little late to this rodeo but we are going on the Magic April 26 as well. We are so excited. We live in Frisco, north of Dallas, but I'm grew up near Friendswood so I am loving these cruises out of Galevston!! We went on the Magic in September and had so much fun. It is the BEST vacation with kids. We have 2 boys who are 4 and 2. One of my high school friends is going with his family and one of my neighbors with their kids. Can't wait!!

Welcome!! we were on the second cruise out of Galveston on Sept. Is that the one you were on?!

Welcome to the cruise!! We are right down the street in McKinney :wave2:

My biggest fear is that we get stuck in traffic and miss the ship!!!!

I'm a bit confused. Why is everyone concerned about arriving in Galveston so early in the morning? My past cruise experience has been that you are not able to board the ship before 11a. Passengars check-in and usually tour the ship, grab a bite to eat and then wait for the announcement before they can head to their cabins to unpack, normally by 2p. Is Disney different than other cruiselines? My family lives in Seabrook so we'll be dropped off...which will save us time (no parking req'd), however; if traffic in the area is an issue, once you cross the causeway, how much time are you allowing to get to the port?

Nana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter