April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

juki said:
hi everyone. new here and still trying to figure everything out. we are also on this cruise (first disney cruise!!) and I just found out about fish extenders. I saw there is a list we can get on to but I couldn't go through all the pages to figure out how. can anybody help? thanks

If you see the links in my signature, they go to the info post on page 12 or so of the thread.

hey cruisecrasher,
thanks for your quick reply, sorry im completely new to the message board thing and have no idea what im doing. just trying to learn as much as i can for our first cruise. i still havent quite understood how to put us on the list. do i just add our room # and names to the spread sheet?
sorry to bug you with that. but i would really appreciate the help.
also did i see in your signature that you are on the jan 4 2014 cruise out of galveston? Us too!! this time with the whole family

thanks!!

Welcome to all of you!! So excited to see our group keep growing!

For the FE, you will fill in the info in the boxes that are on the sheet. Room # if known... If you don't know yet thats fine also! Then the names of all in the cabin, and ages or mom, dad ect! Then the # of adults, and # of kids... There is a boy count and girl for names such as Jordan that could be both! To make it easier on all!

Can't wait to meet all in April!

Well I went from a super high to a super low. I was so excited about this trip and itineray! As it turns out the dates of this trip don't work for the other half of our group. :(

We're looking at October now. Different itinerary (not as good) and kids don't sail free. Boo. Oh well. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Bon Voyage! And have a great trip!!!
p.s. I'm super jealous! You all are going to have such a great time!!!! After looking at all of the itineraries, I can't think of a better one!

javaj said:
We also picked the 715 am MK bus and an 11 am PAT.

Traffic on a Friday morning is going to be terrible! I'd like to arrive as early as possible just in case a paid port upgrade is available so I guess we'll have to leave home by 7 am.

Speaking of port upgrades, how will FE handle any late cabin changes? We have a gty so can change even last minute, even if no port upgrades are available. Do we just do notes with new cabin # in people's FE with our FE gifts? If it makes it too difficult, we can bow out of the FE list.

we are planning a meeting friday 3pm to announce any cabin changes. I will also have a dry erase board where anyone can make changes to their cabin...and all changes will be listed. Several people dont know their cabins yet..so no need to drop out.

deputymama said:
Well I went from a super high to a super low. I was so excited about this trip and itineray! As it turns out the dates of this trip don't work for the other half of our group. :(

We're looking at October now. Different itinerary (not as good) and kids don't sail free. Boo. Oh well. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Bon Voyage! And have a great trip!!!
p.s. I'm super jealous! You all are going to have such a great time!!!! After looking at all of the itineraries, I can't think of a better one!

awww this stinks :(

juki said:
hey cruisecrasher,
thanks for your quick reply, sorry im completely new to the message board thing and have no idea what im doing. just trying to learn as much as i can for our first cruise. i still havent quite understood how to put us on the list. do i just add our room # and names to the spread sheet?
also did i see in your signature that you are on the jan 4 2014 cruise out of galveston? Us too!! this time with the whole family

thanks!!

You may want to join the facebook page. You can get LOTS of info there!

juki said:
hey cruisecrasher,

thanks!!

Yes we are!
WoodlandsMom is currently managing the FE, so you'd have to ask her, before that it was free for all style of add your name yourself.

i am trying to join the fb page but all it shows me is that i dont have permission to view it :( any other way to join you. what would i type in the search box?

we are planning a meeting friday 3pm to announce any cabin changes. I will also have a dry erase board where anyone can make changes to their cabin...and all changes will be listed. Several people dont know their cabins yet..so no need to drop out.
Will the white board be on your cabin door in case we can't make it to the Friday meet?

Thanks, sounds good!

MousseauMob said:
Will the white board be on your cabin door in case we can't make it to the Friday meet?

Yes it will :) and my cabin wont change.

And everyone is free to post on the FE spreadsheet themselves.

Well crew, we're punching out of this cruise. We'll be heading down to Puerto Rico in March instead, then sailing on the first Wonder out of Galveston in September.

Fair seas, y'all. Enjoy the trip.

Here goes!
Thought I'd RE-repost the info list
If I've missed anyone, please pm me!

Roll Call!
Sullins5 -cancelled
MousseauMob
TraceyGrenier2
Cruisecrasher
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Panixx
Ukintheus
F&A
Brewing8
ChloroFiend-cancelled
Mom23WildBoys
slcmom
Sparkypluto
KMG1969
JenGC
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
JulsB20
txaggie94gigem
sjlnv
cdcw76
socaintexas
WoodlandsMom
abaldy2
Melmo
Jaclynru
girlieeee
5intexas
jboydnnp
javaj
Medicsmousehouse
Smbertram
jvinaz24
JRRandal
shiner6
presley01
marathongirl
Amyx
chrisrunty
stargirl0716
Suedimi
Meades
R4Deal
riverrat66
Deputymama-cancelled
khalex16
mbrocker
juki
Didimom
nchurchill
NurseRatchet
FriscoMom2
lpenni10
lswitte
rakowitzfamily
Carter0513

Here's all our information for new cruisers:

Thanks TraceyGrenier2 for setting up our FB page!

Link Here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/480150878664070/

Side note here : No worries if you don't Facebook! All info about meets, Fe's, or any other ideas thrown out will be posted here too!

Meet & Greet~
April 26 @ 3pm in Promenade Lounge
Please join us for our Group's Meet and Greet on embarkation day. We'll be meeting at the Promanade Lounge at 3 pm. In order to easily spot each other, please stop by your local Party Store and pick up some neon green or rainbow colored leis to be worn at the Meet and Greet.

Pirate Night Photo~
We be plannin' on takin' a group photo o' ye pirates who dresses up as a scurvy pirate on Pirate Nightfall. Anythin' "pirate" goes! From Disney Pirate ears 'n Arrr scurvy pirate t-shirts t' full costumes! We be plannin' on raid in th' Atrium Lobby (Deck 3), port corner as ye be lookin' at th' Mickey Statue. Tis be between dinner seatin's. Meet in the Atrium Lobby @ 7:30 pm. ARRRRR ya comin?

Four Parks One World, One Day!
Where are you starting your adventure? And When?

Team Magic Kingdom!
7:15-Cruisecrasher, javaj
8:15-Socaintexas

Team Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!
TBA-Mom23WildBoys

Team Disney/MGM Studios Disney Hollywood Studios!
7:15-Shawn

Team Disney's Animal Kingdom!

And thanks to Fosterlv for setting up our
FE spreadsheet!
Our cut off date is Feb 22, 2013! CHANGED!
WoodlandsMom is coordinating the FE. Thank you!

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhFvetkHaUfidFp3aDRQRlptclJWNHRnNlYwbXphREE#gid=0
What's an FE? Link

Please PM me now, rather than Madalyn to get added to the rollcall.
Thanks and Happy Sails!
:boat:

Cruisecrasher, unfortunately I'm not seeing my posting, regarding my request to add nchurchill (Nancy, Stacey, Loring & Laney) to your Roll Call. I also have us signed up for the FE under group 3.

Where do we find updates on the FE, Meet & Greet, etc.? I'm not on Facebook, sorry. Also, do you have any suggestions on finding a FE (locally, in Houston?). I Googled it and found displays on doors...what are individuals using to decorate their metal doors, misc. magnets? Oh, so many questions.

I'm trying to get my hands around how the posts work...appears to be by topic, not by cruise date like on Cruise Critic board whereas you can easily follow the daily threads???

On the April 26th cruise out of Galveston, I would like some insight as to what others will be doing in Key West and tips for those traveling with children under 3 who are not able to participate in the kid clubs. I see there's complimentary babysitting on the Castaway Cay, which will be some welcome free time for adult play as well. Not sure if you have to make advance reservations - does anyone know?

Many thanks for helping me get started. First cruise with children so I want to be prepared and as informed as possible.

Nancy

Definitely!! I actually made this mistake before but figured it out when the cabin had no fish extender!!
I'm surprised I haven't ran into this yet. Wait.... maybe I have but didn't realize it because there was an FE from someone else. :p

Four Parks One World, One Day!
Where are you starting your adventure? And When?

Team Magic Kingdom!
7:15-Cruisecrasher, javaj
8:15-Sheila

Team Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!
TBA-Laura

Team Disney/MGM Studios Disney Hollywood Studios!
7:15-Shawn

Team Disney's Animal Kingdom!
Count us in Team Disney's Animal Kingdom for 7:15 :banana:

Hello all! Little late to join but we just paid our booking off. *whew*. Sorry for my ignorance, but what's a FE?

Anyhow, my wife & I live close to Galveston in Friendswood and are bringing our two boys (12 & 7) for our first ever Disney Cruise...both my sons first cruise ever! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter