April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

With the exception of the Alaskan cruise in May of 2011, I've never been on a DCL cruise with a shortage of kids of any age. It appears many parents take advantage of the lower rates when school is in session and do what you are doing. We will have a 14 year old girl in our group. This is a great Disney focused itinerary. You can do some great educational things at key west too. Not to mention Liberty Square which I could go o about. Welcome.

We're bringing our kindergartener. And I'll echo no shortage of kids on our late September cruise. Aside from homeschooled kids or private school students with non standard schedules, there are plenty of people who just pull their kids. Like us.
:blush:

I grew up going to WDW twice a year from NY. We drove 19 hours over night and never stayed on property. We always skipped school to go to avoid peak times and associated costs. Some of my best memories. Guess that is why we bought into DVC for our one yea anniversary to have for our kids. I however, have aspirations of making my son write a paper or do something educational related to WDW to help me conscious. Lets see how I make out with that, lol.

KMG1969

We went in June last year when NY and east coast schools weren't out. Dallas and schools in the South were, there were kids of all ages from all over. From young to teens.

Are you interested in doing FE's or joining our Facebook page?

Tracey

F&A said:
I grew up going to WDW twice a year from NY. We drove 19 hours over night and never stayed on property. We always skipped school to go to avoid peak times and associated costs. Some of my best memories. Guess that is why we bought into DVC for our one yea anniversary to have for our kids. I however, have aspirations of making my son write a paper or do something educational related to WDW to help me conscious. Lets see how I make out with that, lol.

I made my kindergartener hand writing pages (with the words from the itinerary) and mazes (charting our course on a map.). It takes discipline, but you can definitely do it during downtime (while mom and dad are getting ready, etc.)

Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it. :cool1:

I'm (very slowly) working onn a trip report. Link is in my signature. Short version is it was the best family vacation EVER!
:goodvibes

Hello, Will be cruising on the Apr 26 cruise! Hello everyone!

Renea and DH Jim
Welcome y'all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am in the process of booking this cruise. I've been emailing the travel agent back and forth all day so hopefully will be "official" soon. I'm a single mom and will be traveling with my daughter who is 13 and my 2 sons, 11 and 7. We haven't had a nice vacation in several years so I am so excited to spend this time with them and get a little R & R myself. :banana: I am just biting the bullet and pulling the kids out of school but I'm nervous that there may not be many teens for my daughter to hang out with. Hope this is not the case. I'm sure I will have a million questions so bear with me as this is our first Disney cruise. We love WDW so am so excited about cruising. :cheer2:
Kristi (Kassidy 13, Tanner 11, Peyton 7)

So are y'all official yet?

Hey guys! Cruisecrasher talked me into taking this cruise. Since it will be for my Mom's 70th Birthday (shhhh dont tell her....that you know how old she is :rotfl:) I thought it would be fun! We would like to partake of the FE exchange but I dont have a cabin number. I am hoping to catch the cruise with GTY rooms but if they dont offer, I will still sign up for a verandah.

It will be Me, my daughter V (11) and my Mom

JenGC said:
Hey guys! Cruisecrasher talked me into taking this cruise. Since it will be for my Mom's 70th Birthday (shhhh dont tell her....that you know how old she is :rotfl:) I thought it would be fun! We would like to partake of the FE exchange but I dont have a cabin number. I am hoping to catch the cruise with GTY rooms but if they dont offer, I will still sign up for a verandah.

It will be Me, my daughter V (11) and my Mom

Whoop!
Added you to the Roll Call and the FE list!

So glad we're cruising with you guys again. Still in vacation withdrawl from WDW and the Fantasy?

Whoop!
Added you to the Roll Call and the FE list!

So glad we're cruising with you guys again. Still in vacation withdrawl from WDW and the Fantasy?

Yay! Im glad we're cruising again too :D It just took 2 1/2 years hahaha I am more worried about catching up at work! lol I just cant believe we are going back cruising in 4 months but bring it! :rotfl2:

Hi!
We're on this cruise and to be honest I'm not sure if I've posted on this thread yet! I can't read all the pages to catch up because for some reason my computer is loading DIS really slow tonight. :(

It's gonna be me, Chris, Robert (age 15) and Rita (age almost 13) on this cruise. We originally had Jan booked because least expensive Gavleston cruise but weren't really fond of the itinerary (been there done that a few times) plus no CC - bah humbug! So when they changed some itinaries I was like CC plus a day at WDW -count me in! LOL

I would love to join the FE -do you need cabin numbers yet for that? -and did someone mention a facebook page as well? LMK!

Looking forward to getting to know those on this cruise before the cruise! :)

Hi!
We're on this cruise and to be honest I'm not sure if I've posted on this thread yet! I can't read all the pages to catch up because for some reason my computer is loading DIS really slow tonight. :(

It's gonna be me, Chris, Robert (age 15) and Rita (age almost 13) on this cruise. We originally had Jan booked because least expensive Gavleston cruise but weren't really fond of the itinerary (been there done that a few times) plus no CC - bah humbug! So when they changed some itinaries I was like CC plus a day at WDW -count me in! LOL

I would love to join the FE -do you need cabin numbers yet for that? -and did someone mention a facebook page as well? LMK!

Looking forward to getting to know those on this cruise before the cruise! :)

Added you to the roll call! And if you need info on anything going on on this cruise (FE sign ups, etc.) It's here:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46522902&postcount=180

And Welcome!!!

4 Months
5 Days
and 8 Hours
:boat:
So what's everyone doing for Christmas?
We greet at our church, so we stay home for Christmas Eve and Day and then we go visit our family in the hill country between Christmas and New Year's. What about y'all?
:santa:

4 Months
5 Days
and 8 Hours
:boat:
So what's everyone doing for Christmas?
We greet at our church, so we stay home for Christmas Eve and Day and then we go visit our family in the hill country between Christmas and New Year's. What about y'all?
:santa:

So crazy/busy at work that I haven't been able to get onto the boards much at all!! :scared:

Just popping in to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas. :wave2: We are doing a split stay with family :rotfl2: In laws from tomorrow through noon Christmas day in Louisiana and then back to Houston for Christmas night and Boxing Day with my family. :cheer2:

Cruisecatcher,
Just wanted to say thank you so much for updating the FE list! You are so awesome! I am excited that more cruisers are coming on board!

I'll be pulling the kids out of school and spoke with the school this week. They are fine with it. It is unexcused. We don't worry about school work. We tried Spring Break to Orlando on year, airfare alone was approx $6,000. (for 6 of us).

I have never seen a shortage of kids, teens or otherwise. I have 11 year old sone and 8 year old Daughter.

Hope everyone Has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Tracey

We are now paid in full and looking forward to making activity resi's in a few weeks! We also went ahead and booked a 4 night on the Wonder out of Galveston for 12/31/13. That will be fun even though it is a short itinerary. The baby will be 14 months on that one and it will be New Years.

F&A said:
We are now paid in full and looking forward to making activity resi's in a few weeks! We also went ahead and booked a 4 night on the Wonder out of Galveston for 12/31/13. That will be fun even though it is a short itinerary. The baby will be 14 months on that one and it will be New Years.

Cool! We're booked on the last 4 night out of Galveston (Jan 4, 2014). It was less than half the cost of New Year's and crosses both our tenth wedding anniversary and DDs fifth birthday.

cruisecrasher said:
Cool! We're booked on the last 4 night out of Galveston (Jan 4, 2014). It was less than half the cost of New Year's and crosses both our tenth wedding anniversary and DDs fifth birthday.

I know, I wish I could do that one to save $$. Back to work that week though. Our Anniversary is Jan 15th so we are going a little early. But it is on the Wonder which will be cool since we got married on the Wonder in '09.

Hi everyone! We are coming from Houston International airport to stay in Galveston the night before the cruise. Is the SuperShuttle the cheapest way to get there? Would like to take the Disney bus, but I don't think they will drop us off at a hotel the day before the cruise. All responses are appreciated! :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter