April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by vleeth, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sullins5

sullins5 alias the 'disneychick'

Good Friday Morning Everyone! We are now...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Weeks Until the Magic!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ukintheus

ukintheus DIS Veteran

:cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

I'm sure by the time we sail, almost everything anyone would want to know about Galveston will have been discussed on the boards somewhere ;) but if anyone has anything specific they want to know about, I can try and remember to look/make a note of it and report back here. Just let me know. :goodvibes

I'm a teeny, tiny bit disappointed that there's no MSEP scheduled for the day that we are at WDW :sad1: but DH reminded me that we'll probably be at Epcot for the evening, so I guess it doesn't matter. We are a house divided on that issue :duck: as MSEP (or Spectromagic) and Wishes are my favorite, and Illuminations is his. But Ecpot wins 9 times out of 10 because of this -> :drinking1 :rotfl2:

4. F&A

F&A Mouseketeer

not sure if everyone has been to or cruised into Key West before. I have been about a dozen times when you count work trips and we cruised into their in May on the Magic.

My thoughts -- as long as you are no mobility impaired, you can walk everywhere. The ship pulls into port right next to Mallory Square and its famous sunsets. You can easily turn right and walk to the little white house, then keep going to Hemingway's house. Leave Hemingway's house and go to the southern most point for the obligatory photo. Leaving there do the Duvall crawl up and past the butterfly place and all that Duvall has to offer (restaurants, bars, freak, shops). Come back up and back over the Mallory Square.

You can rent scooters if you want for the fun or a electric car. They offer the on and off trolley service too. I have never done any of the excursion but have had friends snorkel the dry Tortuga and enjoyed it.

Thought I would offer some opinions before people spent a lot of money on tours of places you can just walk to.

Frank

5. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Great to hear as we're planning to do our own thing in Key West.
    200 days!!!!

6. MousseauMob

MousseauMob DIS Veteran

We're back from our Alaska trip and are excited to start focusing on this trip. :welcome: all newcomers to the cruise!

Thanks, we were hoping to just be able to walk around on our own.

7. cruisecrasher

6 and a half months!!!

8. sullins5

Good afternoon everyone! We are now...

[​IMG][​IMG]

WEEKS to the Magic!!!!

And love everyone's ideas on Key West!!! Knowing that we only have about 5 hours really limits making a whole lot of plans, so knowing we can just walk around, is a nice option!:thumbsup2

9. cruisecrasher

Why do you suppose we have the short port time?

10. sullins5

I don't know, and wondered at first if it was a typographical error. This may be one of those questions someone has to ask DCL. I must admit, we wanted much more than 5 hours in Key West. Anyone know the answer to this one?
    :confused:

11. cruisecrasher

I'm thinking its a long haul back to Galveston so we're probably hurrying out of there. Although I've heard of port times extending during a sailing before. I was more curious than concerned. We're honestly just planning to walk around port a bit.

12. cruisecrasher

13. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

5 hours is really short. DW and I were hoping to get a scuba dive in, but that doesn't seem likely with such a small window.

14. sullins5

:wave:

Good morning cruisers! Hope everyone is doing well this beautiful fall day (at least for us).

We have decided to change our cruise dates, and unfortunately won't be on this cruise. Knew there was this possibility. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise and know for all the first-timers, you'll fall in love like we did! Have a pixie-dusted, wonderful, magical, best-time-of-your-lives, memory making trip for sure!

I'm sure someone can post the links and keep the members up to date, but if you need me or have any questions about the cruise or anything, please do so!

It was great to meet so many of you, and perhaps our next cruise, we'll bump into you! Pixie Dust to all of you!:goodvibes

15. cruisecrasher

16. Mom23WildBoys

Mom23WildBoys Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone!

We've just booked our first family cruise, celebrating our 9th Anniversary, and we're very excited! We just know nothing about cruising, Disney cruises, all the Fish Extender stuff, etc., so feel free to offer any advice. :)

Speaking of Fish Extenders...is there a group for the April 26th cruise? My SIL told me a little about it, and I think we'd love to participate.

Oh, and we're booked in stateroom 8526 (is that a good one?)

It'll be me, my husband, and our three little boys (7, 5 and 3).

Can't wait until April!
    ~Laura

17. Mom23WildBoys

Mom23WildBoys Earning My Ears

Please add us!

18. TraceyGrenier2

TraceyGrenier2 Earning My Ears

Quick question, since Madyln has left us for a different cruise date (we will miss her), does anyone want to handle the FE duties or has anyone taken over the FE duties. Let me know.

19. cruisecrasher

I think you're it!

20. sullins5

:wave:

Good morning cruisers! Just a thought for you since we're no longer on this cruise...

Perhaps one of you could start a new post listing all the information that I had listed on page 2, post 30? Ie: On post 200, or earlier, list all of this info? I will be happy to go back to one of my first posts, and put on there, the page and post that all the info is listed.

I just don't want to miss anyone, but have been so busy (and since we're no longer on this cruise:rotfl:), it would be nice for someone to take this over.

Know y'all are getting excited (I would be), so enjoy every minute of planning! Pixiedust and blessings to all of you!

Madalyn

21. cruisecrasher

Ok, Madalyn...
    Here goes!
    Thought I'd REstart the list of cruisers so far, and If I've missed anyone, please pm me!

Roll Call!
    Sullins5 -cancelled
    MousseauMob
    TraceyGrenier2
    Cruisecrasher
    BibbidyBobbidyBoo
    Panixx
    Ukintheus
    F&A
    Brewing8
    ChloroFiend-cancelled
    Mom23WildBoys
    slcmom
    Sparkypluto
    KMG1969
    JenGC
    BibbidyBobbidyBoo
    JulsB20
    txaggie94gigem
    sjlnv
    cdcw76
    socaintexas
    WoodlandsMom
    abaldy2
    Melmo
    Jaclynru
    girlieeee
    5intexas
    jboydnnp
    javaj
    Medicsmousehouse
    Smbertram
    jvinaz24
    JRRandal
    shiner6
    presley01
    marathongirl
    Amyx
    chrisrunty
    stargirl0716
    Suedimi
    Meades
    R4Deal
    riverrat66
    Deputymama-cancelled
    khalex16
    mbrocker
    juki

Here's all our information for new cruisers:

Thanks TraceyGrenier2 for setting up our FB page!

Link Here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/480150878664070/

Side note here : No worries if you don't Facebook! All info about meets, Fe's, or any other ideas thrown out will be posted here too!

Meet & Greet~
    April 26 @ 3pm in Promenade Lounge
    Please join us for our Group's Meet and Greet on embarkation day. We'll be meeting at the Promanade Lounge at 3 pm. In order to easily spot each other, please stop by your local Party Store and pick up some neon green colored leis to be worn at the Meet and Greet.

Pirate Night Photo~
    We be plannin' on takin' a group photo o' ye pirates who dresses up as a scurvy pirate on Pirate Nightfall. Anythin' "pirate" goes! From Disney Pirate ears 'n Arrr scurvy pirate t-shirts t' full costumes! We be plannin' on raid in th' Atrium Lobby (Deck 3), port corner as ye be lookin' at th' Mickey Statue. Tis be between dinner seatin's. Meet in the Atrium Lobby @ 7:30 pm. ARRRRR ya comin?

Four Parks One World, One Day!
    Where are you starting your adventure? And When?

Team Magic Kingdom!
    7:15-Cruisecrasher, javaj

Team Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!

Team Disney/MGM Studios Disney Hollywood Studios!

Team Disney's Animal Kingdom!

And thanks to Fosterlv for setting up our FE spreadsheet!
    Our cut off date is Feb 22, 2013! CHANGED!
    WoodlandsMom is coordinating the FE. Thank you!

Here's the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhFvetkHaUfidFp3aDRQRlptclJWNHRnNlYwbXphREE#gid=0

Please PM me now, rather than Madalyn to get added to the rollcall.
    Thanks and Happy Sails!
    :boat: