April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

Ok, Madalyn...
Here goes!
Thought I'd REstart the list of cruisers so far, and If I've missed anyone, please pm me!

MousseauMob
TraceyGrenier2
Cruisecrasher
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Panixx
Ukintheus
F&A
Brewing8
ChloroFiend
Mom23WildBoys

Here's all our information for new cruisers:

Thanks TraceyGrenier2 for setting up our FB page! Link Here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/480150878664070/

Side note here : No worries if you don't Facebook! All info about meets, Fe's, or any other ideas thrown out will be posted here too!

And thanks to Fosterlv for setting up our FE spreadsheet! Our cut off date is Feb 10, 2013! Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhFvetkHaUfidFp3aDRQRlptclJWNHRnNlYwbXphREE#gid=0

Please PM me now, rather than Madalyn to get added to the rollcall.
Thanks and Happy Sails!
:boat:

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much! I have officially passed my baton to you! Happy Sails Indeed! And here's wishing you all a Magical Cruise! pixiedust:

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much! I have officially passed my baton to you! Happy Sails Indeed! And here's wishing you all a Magical Cruise! pixiedust:

Sorry to see you leave us, but I know you will have a great time on the Wonder. :cloud9:

So with our vacation in the rear view mirror (over too quickly of course :headache:) I can start to focus on this one. :dance3:

I am doing a TR from our 10/13 Magic cruise if anybody is interested...the itinerary is totally different but I have some pics of the port and boarding area etc. Link is in my siggie. :thumbsup2

April 26 @ 3pm in Promenade Lounge
Please join us for our Group's Meet and Greet on embarkation day. We'll be meeting at the Promanade Lounge at 3 pm. In order to easily spot each other, please stop by your local Party Store and pick up some neon green colored leis to be worn at the Meet and Greet.

We be plannin' on takin' a group photo o' ye pirates who dresses up as a scurvy pirate on Pirate Nightfall. Anythin' "pirate" goes! From Disney Pirate ears 'n Arrr scurvy pirate t-shirts t' full costumes! We be plannin' on raid in th' Atrium Lobby (Deck 3), port corner as ye be lookin' at th' Mickey Statue. ‘Tis be between dinner seatin's. Meet in the Atrium Lobby @ 7:30 pm.

April 26 @ 3pm in Promenade Lounge
Please join us for our Group's Meet and Greet on embarkation day. We'll be meeting at the Promanade Lounge at 3 pm. In order to easily spot each other, please stop by your local Party Store and pick up some neon green colored leis to be worn at the Meet and Greet.

You had me at "Lounge". :)

TXGoofyGirl and I will be there.

The Lounge is nice stop for us, we stop there most nights before the first dinner seating, have a drink and play a game of travel pictionary (we carry our own) with our kids. Its sort of become a tradition.

To keep everyone in the loop. Our newest cruiser joined us on 1 November 2012 at 7:15 AM. Which means he will get to celebrate his 6 month birthday on the cruise. It will be interesting having a 6 month old on the cruise but we spoke to people who had babies as young as 3 mos with them. Looking forward to this cruise even more now. Hope everyone is well. Don't forget your sun block sun protection!

To keep everyone in the loop. Our newest cruiser joined us on 1 November 2012 at 7:15 AM. Which means he will get to celebrate his 6 month birthday on the cruise. It will be interesting having a 6 month old on the cruise but we spoke to people who had babies as young as 3 mos with them. Looking forward to this cruise even more now. Hope everyone is well. Don't forget your sun block sun protection!

Congratulations!
:goodvibes

Congratulations on your very NEW newest cruiser! :goodvibes

Hi everyone
I've decided to trade our Panama Canal DCL for this one. Even though I love longer cruises (we did the 2010 westbound transatlantic), being gone a shorter time will be better this time, and the 8th night makes me feel like it's still a 'longer' cruise.:thumbsup2 And, of course, the money saved will be very nice as well....

I thought that the character greetings and lovely meals onboard were terrific, so I don't feel like we'll splurge on a character meal in WDW. Like many of you have said, we'll just be madly running around trying to fit lots of WDW into 1 day.

Our group will be two staterooms, me, my dh and our ds (22 with Down syndrome) in one room, and dd with her 2 youngest, dgd (9) and dgs(6). It will be the first WDW for the 2 little kids. ds-i-l (son-in-law) doesn't enjoy travel, so he'll stay home with the 2 older kids this time.

I think I read that something like 80% of the cruisers on the Galveston cruises are from Texas. It looks to me like some of the rest of you are still from the South. I was glad to see someone from the NW. Maybe we'll come home after the cruise with our own Southern accents:rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to becoming acquainted with each of you,
Ann

slcmom said:
Hi everyone
I've decided to trade our Panama Canal DCL for this one. Even though I love longer cruises (we did the 2010 westbound transatlantic), being gone a shorter time will be better this time, and the 8th night makes me feel like it's still a 'longer' cruise.:thumbsup2 And, of course, the money saved will be very nice as well....

I thought that the character greetings and lovely meals onboard were terrific, so I don't feel like we'll splurge on a character meal in WDW. Like many of you have said, we'll just be madly running around trying to fit lots of WDW into 1 day.

Our group will be two staterooms, me, my dh and our ds (22 with Down syndrome) in one room, and dd with her 2 youngest, dgd (9) and dgs(6). It will be the first WDW for the 2 little kids. ds-i-l (son-in-law) doesn't enjoy travel, so he'll stay home with the 2 older kids this time.

I think I read that something like 80% of the cruisers on the Galveston cruises are from Texas. It looks to me like some of the rest of you are still from the South. I was glad to see someone from the NW. Maybe we'll come home after the cruise with our own Southern accents:rotfl2:

Ann

Y'all will pick it up...maybe
;)
Most of my accent comes and goes. The more tired I am and the more I hang with my BFF (herself a transplant from the LA/MS border), the more southern I sound. According to most, I sound surprisingly Midwestern. Which is how most of DFW and Houston sound. If you head into the small towns or panhandles, though, it's an entirely different scenario.

Hi everyone

Ann

Welcome! :welcome: You are safe from catching a southern drawl from me as I'm from the UK and now have a wierd combo of English and Texan...which makes me sound Australian. :rotfl2: :upsidedow

I am ready for this cruise :cheer2: ....I am starting to dream of being back in WDW :hyper: I know that we will be pushed to cram everything in to one day though! :scared: ...we are thinking we'll do MK in the am...then head to Epcot for the afternoon and evening...:cool1: It makes me want to plan another trip to WDW though...::yes::

Congrats on the new Baby! We started taking my daughter to WDW when she was 6 months old! You'll do great! Both my kiddos are 8 and 10.

I am also a true Texan born and raised, not too much of an accent, however, same is true, more tired I get the more it comes out and the more I am around those with a really strong one, the more it comes out!

Can't wait to meet you all or should I say yall!

:welcome: to everyone newly joined! This is going to be an awesome trip, and hopefully things settle down for me soon, so I can actually start planning!

Ann we're near you, but sister who is joining us is in Texas. DD10 was so excited to see a girl around her age! We like the longer cruises also, but with 8 days and only 3 ports, I'm hoping the sea days (which we love) will make it feel like a longer cruise.

95% packed for our next week cruise! So I'm getting really excited about our April one too! See y'all after the Thanksgiving holiday!

:Ann we're near you, but sister who is joining us is in Texas. DD10 was so excited to see a girl around her age! We like the longer cruises also, but with 8 days and only 3 ports, I'm hoping the sea days (which we love) will make it feel like a longer cruise.[/QUOTE]

So where do you live?

Well, I'm real bummed tonight. my ds called to say that they decided to have Thanksgiving with some friends instead of with family. My ddil has family also in town, so their holidays are always full, and I suggested a couple of weeks ago that that they might want to start trading holidays, one here one there, you know. But I absolutely wasn't suggesting that they ignore both families and go with friends! There are plenty of other days available during the year to get together with friends imho. :mad: I've always felt that I didn't want my kids to feel like they HAVE to turn up at family events - I want them to come because they have a good time and want to be there. But if the option is just not to come at all maybe I DO want them to feel like they have to come - you know?

Well, happy Thanksgiving to all (we'll do great. 4 of our other 5 kids will be there, plus various "uncles and aunts and cousins and friends."
Ann

Sparkypluto said:
Hello, Will be cruising on the Apr 26 cruise! Hello everyone!

Renea and DH Jim

Welcome to the cruise. A great itinerary and shaping up to be good crowd.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am in the process of booking this cruise. I've been emailing the travel agent back and forth all day so hopefully will be "official" soon. I'm a single mom and will be traveling with my daughter who is 13 and my 2 sons, 11 and 7. We haven't had a nice vacation in several years so I am so excited to spend this time with them and get a little R & R myself. :banana: I am just biting the bullet and pulling the kids out of school but I'm nervous that there may not be many teens for my daughter to hang out with. Hope this is not the case. I'm sure I will have a million questions so bear with me as this is our first Disney cruise. We love WDW so am so excited about cruising. :cheer2:
Kristi (Kassidy 13, Tanner 11, Peyton 7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter