April 25, 2015 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean!!

VOTING FOR DEADLINE AND GROUP SPLITTING IS NOW OPEN!
Please post with what your vote is :)
Voting Open Feb.10th (12am EST) to Feb.13th (11:59pm EST)

Voting can close early if everyone quoted below votes before deadline

FE DEADLINE

1. March 25th
  2. March 31st
  3. April 4th

FE GROUPS
  1. 10 Families
  2. No Groups
3/31 No Groups (Let it Grow!)

I filled in the blanks above ^_^ I used here to help figure out when to reserve brunch: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/
We reserved Palo Brunch for Day 3 (2nd sea day) ^_^
For some reason, there aren't normal Eastern Caribbean Itin. C that are available that are NOT the Christmas navigators. So I just used the most recent Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Itin. B, the only difference is we go to St.Maarten instead of St.Thomas. So, I think pretty close comparison ^_^

I'm not sure about the spa info, but perhaps a combo of DIS and the cruise line blog may help?

Coincidentally, I follow the DCL blog and there is an Eastern Fantasy C Personal Navigator from January 31, 2015 posted now! Just click on this link or copy over to http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2015/02/personal-navigators-7-night-eastern-caribbean-cruise-disney-fantasy-itinerary-c-january-31-2015/#more-16688 to view.
P.S. The spa information I was looking for is in the Day 1 Navigator, too!

Last edited:
Haha well, voting is now closed and we have our deadline and there will be no groups right now.
However, if Disney offers *GT rates, and we a very LARGE number of sign ups, I will break down into groups :)

Oh really?! Thank you so very much ^_^

Whooh! Double points :) I am curious what the movie showings on our cruise will be
We cruise every year this week and we always get the newest Disney nature/animal movie. So we are sure to have the Monkey Kingdom movie on our cruise.

We cruise every year this week and we always get the newest Disney nature/animal movie. So we are sure to have the Monkey Kingdom movie on our cruise.

Oh, really? They had a monkey documentary when we went in 2012. Did disney make a new one?

Oh really?! Thank you so very much ^_^

Whooh! Double points :) I am curious what the movie showings on our cruise will be

Yes, we are thinking Monkey Kingdom might actually be the main show on movie night. Aside from that, Cinderella will be out only a month, so we're looking forward to seeing that onboard (hopefully replacing Into the Woods). And, McFarland may still be onboard as well; it comes out in a week.

667f2881be259d5315a2ff1f1c3911a6c4a120ad.jpg

http://nature.disney.com/monkey-kingdom

dc159210ab833821f9b3fe9a2e44a295cdfb81f3.jpg

http://movies.disney.com/cinderella/

2ad01f3aded4a55ab8e8b37da8c33b712b07c85a.jpg

http://movies.disney.com/mcfarland-usa

Oh my gosh. I cannot wait to watch the Cinderella movie! Well ... Maybe I'll wait until the cruise lol

I just booked our family for this cruise...kind of a last minute thing for me because i am usually such a planner. I couldn't pass up the price and it is NH vacation week. This will be out fourth cruise and second one on the Fantasy. My kids play very well together, but really do better in the clubs when they know someone ahead of time which we did when we went on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving. If anyone has a son or daughter similar age and would like to PM me, i would love them to find a friend prior to the cruise. I haven't told them yet...waiting till tomorrow..I can't even stand it!

I just booked our family for this cruise...kind of a last minute thing for me because i am usually such a planner. I couldn't pass up the price and it is NH vacation week. This will be out fourth cruise and second one on the Fantasy. My kids play very well together, but really do better in the clubs when they know someone ahead of time which we did when we went on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving. If anyone has a son or daughter similar age and would like to PM me, i would love them to find a friend prior to the cruise. I haven't told them yet...waiting till tomorrow..I can't even stand it!

:welcome:

That sounds exciting! Oh goodness, are you going to tell them with a special surprise or just offhandidly tell them?
We're a pretty quiet group but I think it should pick up more in the next month or so :)
Will you be signing up for the FE?

AND How are you doing? You guys frozen yet? We're kind of freezing lol

Hello Everyone! My husband, two sons (ages 8 & 4), and I are Disney-cruising for the first time on the 4/25 St. Maarten adventure! We are so excited! We've been Annual Passholders at Disneyland for years, and finally took the leap to cruising. We usually travel with friends/family, but we are pulling the kids out of school this time - so it's just the 4 of us. (The kids are young - have to live it up while we can!) I am looking forward to meeting you all on this board and reading your tips and tricks. If you have any general advice for first-time Disney cruisers, we'd love to hear it. I'm a little nervous about posting since I'm not well-versed in the abbreviations - but I'll learn! Thanks for facilitating this Board!

Hello Everyone! My husband, two sons (ages 8 & 4), and I are Disney-cruising for the first time on the 4/25 St. Maarten adventure! We are so excited! We've been Annual Passholders at Disneyland for years, and finally took the leap to cruising. We usually travel with friends/family, but we are pulling the kids out of school this time - so it's just the 4 of us. (The kids are young - have to live it up while we can!) I am looking forward to meeting you all on this board and reading your tips and tricks. If you have any general advice for first-time Disney cruisers, we'd love to hear it. I'm a little nervous about posting since I'm not well-versed in the abbreviations - but I'll learn! Thanks for facilitating this Board!

Hello! We’ve been to St. Maarten twice, so thought you might appreciate a bit about our past experiences there. We did the rainforest hike the first time and the perfume making the second time. We’re not sure what to choose for this upcoming cruise; perhaps mountain biking or kayaking. If you’re interested in our comments on the two we've done, here’s some information:

For the hike, you take a 30-minute bus ride and then a 4X4 (that part was a big rough; we didn’t think the truck was going to make it up)! The 2-hour walk is easy, and pleasant; it’s slippery in some spots (so take the walking stick when it is offered), but it is all downhill with lots of stops along the way; bring a camera! It’s not really what we thought a rainforest would be, but it was cool under the tree cover on a hot day and they gave us cold bottled water to drink. The guide was very nice and informative; she talked about the native plants and their uses or historical significance, and gave kids special attention, so it was surprisingly family oriented.

For Tijon, the Perfumery, you take a bus to French St. Martin. The owner is from the US, and was very interesting to talk with. He overviews the history of the business on the island before beginning. It was fun smelling the essential oils and comparing which hubby and I liked, and we love using our creations at home as a sensory way to remember the fun in the sun (such as now when it’s snowing). Again, bring a camera to capture you and the views! I’m not sure if they also stop in the same place, but we were in the Grand Case area for time on our own. We had a very tasty lunch at a café (wish we could remember the name of it), and then walked the beautiful beach there before returning to the bus back. Overall, though, this would be more of an adults-only choice.

Hey ya'll! I'm a newbie to the world of cruising and discussion boards, so don't paint me as too illiterate I will be cruising with my DS 6, DS 8 and my DM (she won't let me post her age lol). I am a single mom and treating my boys and mother to a much needed vacation. I am wanting to make this super special, so of course I went to Pinterest for ideas. I then found DISBoards. I noticed that there are a lot of veteran cruisers on here and I would love someone to take me under their wing and help me with some ideas to make this experience unforgettable! I have been "Googling" and love the idea of the Fish Extender! Do ya'll know how I would go about signing up for this? I'm also kinda curious about our room. We are in a undersized/or obstructed view verandah room? I hope this still means we can walk out onto the balcony. Like I said, this is a first for me so naturally I'm looking into every spec of detail. I can't wait until April. This is gunna be awesome. Just wish I was bathing suit ready LOL. Can't have everything:)

Haha yeah, the DIS boards kind of have their own language don't they?
There can be a lot of advice, depending on what you're interested in ^_^ Ultimately, I think I would suggest not worrying too much and just enjoy!
And if there are any acronyms you are unfamiliar with, please just ask, we'd be happy to explain :)

Hey ya'll! I'm a newbie to the world of cruising and discussion boards, so don't paint me as too illiterate I will be cruising with my DS 6, DS 8 and my DM (she won't let me post her age lol). I am a single mom and treating my boys and mother to a much needed vacation. I am wanting to make this super special, so of course I went to Pinterest for ideas. I then found DISBoards. I noticed that there are a lot of veteran cruisers on here and I would love someone to take me under their wing and help me with some ideas to make this experience unforgettable! I have been "Googling" and love the idea of the Fish Extender! Do ya'll know how I would go about signing up for this? I'm also kinda curious about our room. We are in a undersized/or obstructed view verandah room? I hope this still means we can walk out onto the balcony. Like I said, this is a first for me so naturally I'm looking into every spec of detail. I can't wait until April. This is gunna be awesome. Just wish I was bathing suit ready LOL. Can't have everything:)

Pfft, I think you are far past illiterate if you were able to find the DIS!
Awe, well I think the cruise will definitely fit your needs :)
I'm the FE (fish extender) coordinator, I would suggest taking a look at this post for signing up: FE Post
Do you have your cabin #? If so, there is a section on the DIS that detail cabin reviews (found HERE

My philosophy is; if you can fit into a bathing suit, you're bathing suit ready :teeth:

April 25th, 2015 Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean Fish Extender Sign Ups

If you need to know a bit more about what a Fish Extender (or abbreviated as FE), please go here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

*** Deadline is March 31st ***

Please include the following for sign ups:
Names/Ages/Genders:
Cabin #(s):
Special Celebration(s):
Allergies:
Character Preferences:

Family 1
Amunet
Kris (adult, female) Elsa & Eeyore & Jon (adult, male) Stitch, Donald, Star Wars
Cabin #: GTY
Celebration: Personal Achievements
Allergies: n/a

Family 2
FellowCollector
Lisa (adult, female) & Michael (adult, male)
Cabin #: ???
Celebration: n/a

Family 3
CinderllaandGoofy
Katie (adult, female) Steve (adult/male), Becca (6, female)
Celebrations: First Disney Cruise!

Family 4
CoffeePanda
Yancey (adult, male) & Amy (adult, female)
Cabin #: 8680
Celebration: Honeymoon!
Allergies: Amy is allergic to gluten

Family 5
jhmh93
Jacob (adult, male), Johnna (adult, female), Amanda (17, female) Tinkerbell & Ariel, Danielle (12, female) Cinderella & Elsa
Cabin #: 2035
Celebration: n/a

Family 6
tinafish
Tina (adult, female), Joe (adult, male), Joey (21 months, boy)
Celebration: ?
Allergies: ?

Autumn (Adult, Female) Cathy (Adult, Female) Tannor (8, Boy) Carter ( 6, Boy)
GTY
No Allergies
First Disney Cruise!

Updated! Thank you so much for signing up ^_^ You're welcome to post any character preferences (who you or your boys like in the large Disney franchise) :)

That sounds exciting! Oh goodness, are you going to tell them with a special surprise or just offhandidly tell them?
We're a pretty quiet group but I think it should pick up more in the next month or so :)
Will you be signing up for the FE?

AND How are you doing? You guys frozen yet? We're kind of freezing lol

Somehow i missed this one above! I didn't keep the cruise a secret; we just had not had a chance to all be in the same room to tell them i booked the cruise. :) They aren't the "excited" kind of kids you would see on youtube! I surprised them in December only 2 hours the morning before we boarded the Dream. I thought they would be jumping around, but i think they were more shocked. Part of me felt robbed of talking about the cruise and planning all the activities with them, so i couldn't and didn't want to keep this one a secret! I have never considered the FE groups, although it does sound like fun.

We ski, so snow is OK, but this cold is getting old. It is even too cold to ski. Hoping for a gradual warming trend for march so we can really get some good spring skiing in...

Somehow i missed this one above! I didn't keep the cruise a secret; we just had not had a chance to all be in the same room to tell them i booked the cruise. :) They aren't the "excited" kind of kids you would see on youtube! I surprised them in December only 2 hours the morning before we boarded the Dream. I thought they would be jumping around, but i think they were more shocked. Part of me felt robbed of talking about the cruise and planning all the activities with them, so i couldn't and didn't want to keep this one a secret! I have never considered the FE groups, although it does sound like fun.

We ski, so snow is OK, but this cold is getting old. It is even too cold to ski. Hoping for a gradual warming trend for march so we can really get some good spring skiing in...

Haha awe ^_^ I think that's a pretty normal response, not being able to really let the excitement sink in lol

Yes, if you'd like to sign up, please let me know!

I know what you mean! Walking around it hurts my face, whatever part doesn't have a scarf around it anyways

Hi, we just had to change our booking for a November 2015 cruise to this cruise, so now we are rushing to plan everything! This is our first time on a cruise and we are pretty clueless (and feeling stressed now that I have so little time to plan vs leaving in November when I thought I had plenty of time to learn!). Can someone please tell me what all we need to book in advance vs once we arrive?

Also, is anyone planning to do a dolphin excursion at St Maarten or know anything about them? I saw there isn't one listed on the Disney cruise planning site, but there seem to be some in the area that could be booked separately (company called Dolphin Discovery, I don't know if I am allowed to post the link here?). This was something our daughter was really looking forward to on the original November cruise we booked (which was going to Grand Caymen and there was a dolphin encounter shore excursion listed for little ones there, she is only 3 years old), so hoping to be able to still do it on this cruise and would love any input!

Thank you in advance for any information and advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter