April 21, 2007 -- Western Magic -- anyone?

I just booked ours. We've never cruised before. DD will turn 5 on 4/24/07, so it's going to be an extra special birthday for her! We're celebrating 10 years of marriage on 8/24/06, and thought this will be our gift to each other, though we have to wait a while.

I'm excited. Nervous. Scared. LOL!!! Have to renew DH's passport, and get one for DD & I. I think I'm going to go ahead & do that now, since I've heard there is always a rush at year end.

DH and DD don't know yet. DH & I have talked about it a lot, and he said he wanted to go, but was always hesitant on the cost. But I figured I'd do it now, before prices went up even more. I chose a category 6 cabin w/ verndah. Just did the down payment, now I think I'll start a master list of things to buy, and things that need to be done before we leave. Yes, I know.....it's 13 months away......but I'm just crazy like that. I have to have lists & know what needs to be done when. :)

Oh, you're just going to LOVE it!!!!

My DH will be turning 40 on 4/22/07, and my youngest will be turning 3 on 4/28/07. So, it's a dual birthday celebration for both of them. My oldest will be 5 this October, so I'm sure that they will be in the club together. I can't seem to get Emily out of the clubs, so I'm hoping that my youngest likes it too.

How neat! My daughter's name is also Emily. :) I'm hoping she'll like the clubs. She has been going to daycare since she was 2, so she's used to being around other kids......just don't know how she'll react with a bunch of kids she doesn't know. But she's all about princess. She told me the other day her name was now Cinderella, and wouldn't answer to anything else! :rotfl:

I'm so excited.....planning this trip is going to be so much fun!

curlybop said:
How neat! My daughter's name is also Emily. :) I'm hoping she'll like the clubs. She has been going to daycare since she was 2, so she's used to being around other kids......just don't know how she'll react with a bunch of kids she doesn't know. But she's all about princess. She told me the other day her name was now Cinderella, and wouldn't answer to anything else! :rotfl:

I'm so excited.....planning this trip is going to be so much fun!
OMG, that is TOO funny! Well, maybe Emily and Emily will get along and enjoy the clubs together. Emily has been going to preschool since she was almost 3, so she's very familiar with that kind of atmosphere. It took her all of about 10 minutes to become familiar with the clubs. So much so, that we had to drag her out of there every time. We were just on the Wonder last month, and last Sept. We have another 4-night in Oct, then this one next April. So, she's becoming very familiar with the CMs on the Wonder, but this will be her first time at the clubs on the Magic. She went on the Magic once when she was 2, so she only went into Flounder's.

I'm sure that you'll have a blast planning, and ask any questions that you want. I'm sure everyone around here will help with the answers.

My family will be sailing on the cruise 4/21/07 too!!! We are so excited. It will be me, DH, DS age 6 and DS age 10 (ages at time of cruise). We sailed on the wonder last year and are really looking forward to a 7 night cruise next year. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Welcome all! My DS will be 9 at time of cruise and my DD will be 11. I can't wait until we can say the One Year Countdown has begun!!! :cool1:

:cheer2: :cheer2: YIPPEE!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm so glad to see more people on this cruise! With all the talk of the Med cruises, I was worried that everyone would bail the Spring '07 cruises.

First time disney cruisers Myself, DH and DD (9 at time of cruise). SO looking forward to this trip, reading all the threads for hints and tips!!!!

Welcome to the group!! You're going to have SO much fun!!! Ask away if you have any questions!!!

sorry we will not be cruising with you. I just changed our reservations to December 2 of this year. We got a rate from our travel agent for that cruise that was way too good to pass up but I hope you all have a wonderful trip!!!!

Joining you in April 2007

My DH and I will be joining you. It looks like a small crowd on the boards thusfar, but we still have a long wait. I'm sure we'll have a lot more disers joining us.

We had a great time with the disers on our last cruise. We made some lasting friendships and are planning on cruising together again in the near future.

Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone.

YIPPEE!!! Add another DISer to the list! I know that it's a small group so far, but hopefully we'll fill up as it gets closer. I know that my DHs brother is going to book (or maybe already has). Also, my mom is a CM, and is hoping to book this cruise, but she has to wait until much closer to book if there is availability. Should be a great group around here!!!

Hello :goodvibes
We're coming - 14 Families with kids of all ages. My girls will be up in the teen club this cruise and they're really excited. I have to say one of the best part of my last trip was the Rainforest Spa. I totally enjoyed going there every single day and relaxing in the sauna's, then taking those wonderful Rose and Eucalyptus infused showers and lying on the heated tile lounge chair while taking a little cat nap and then getting ready to go to dinner........ I felt like a queen......
I cannot wait........
The last time I cruised I didn't meet up with any of the other Dis'ers, and I felt bad. This time I really want to meet up and see you Dis'ers face to face :bitelip:
I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!! It's SO great to hear that more are going on the cruise with us!!!

oh my! i thought i had subscribed to this thread to watch for new posts, since i hadn't seen any i just figured it wasn't chatty yet. oopies! i've missed out! I'll have to check my subscription options! :confused3

anyhow -- looks like i should :welcome: and then wave farewell :wave2: to those who came and went and then :welcome: :welcome: those who have booked and are still going! :thumbsup2

actually i had thought of our date this morning, I just did the Columbus 1/2 marathon this past weekend and in my head was pre-planning next year's events (there are some dis-WISH-ers that came this year) and thought - oh no! i think they are both the same day! so that brought me here to check my date -- yes, i couldn't remember exactly what our sailing date was even! thankfully the event next year is April 14 - so it's perfect! i'll be in 'recovery' phase after the 1/2 and can minimally exercise on the cruise without guilt :) of course i'm still trying to lose some extra pounds from the thanksgiving one followed by the holidays! :bitelip:

do you all want me to edit the first post with a running list of who will be cruising? PM me your family info if this is a good idea

i mentioned to my DDs (ages 9 and 13 now) that maybe we'd postpone a year and instead go to WDW in june -- they will hear NOTHING of the sort. that's my girls :mickeyjum

still working on my cruise scrapbook -- maybe i'll be inspired to post it too - someday when i have more time!

hi ohmom. glad to see fellow ohio folks will be cruisn with us. we are from ne ohio and i have brothers in columbus and shelby . our dd goes to school in dayton studing to be a photographer. looking forward to saying only 1 year till the cruise!!

dyerneeds of a cruise, right?

we live 20 mins outside of Columbus in a smallish town - Marysville

my folks live in Dayton, where does DD go to school? i graduated from Sinclair, DH from Wright State. when you say Shelby do you mean city or county? i graduated from sidney high school - shelby county. small world after all huh?

ohMom said:
dyerneeds of a cruise, right?

we live 20 mins outside of Columbus in a smallish town - Marysville

my folks live in Dayton, where does DD go to school? i graduated from Sinclair, DH from Wright State. when you say Shelby do you mean city or county? i graduated from sidney high school - shelby county. small world after all huh?

dyerneed of a cruise is right. I also say dyerneed of a disney fix.

I know where Marysville is. Our DD goes to Ohio Institute of Photography. Our niece graduated from Wright State. My brother actually used to live in the town of Shelby, outside of Mansfield, but now lives in the town of Gallion.
Another brother lives in Johnstown, NE of Columbus.

Oh yeah, definately small world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter