• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 21, 2007 -- Western Magic -- anyone?

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
do i have the honors of starting this thread or did I overlook it??

Hi OhMom! I just changed our ressies to this date yesterday. I haven't found another thread here yet. Guess yours is the first. We wanted May, but since they won't have the dates for awhile I thought I'd better use this date to get a good price. If I waited to see May 07 and then don't like (or we can't afford) the special itinerary, then doing this now saves me money! We don't want to go to the Med. or Alaska. So this is the closest date to our 25th anniversary. (May 1st) We have never done the Carribean so are looking forward to it!

Debbie

Oh....I just went to your cruise album link to 2peas. Great book and pictures! Mines not done yet, but most of it's there. I'm on as DebbieDoodles on their site. I remember seeing your pictures when I first went to 2peas to figure out how to try and make a book. I am so new to this, but researched and bought lots of supplies for about 6 months before I attempted anything!

LOL... GUESS WHAT WE ARE SWITCHING FROM FEB TO THIS ONE!!! tooo funnnnny!

I just went a looking for the rollcall and was SHOCKED to see you!

oh sherri!!! how funny how cool!!!! i regret we didn't get much of a chance to chat onboard -- LOL how's that???

debbie -- I picked a Western as the cruise we just went on "Western" didn't stop at ANY of the normal Western ports! My DH was interested in the itineraries with two stops at CC again -- but frankly i was not at al interested in Costa Maya again

speaking of scrapbooks -- silly me - i prebooked myself for a crop tonight this friday before our vacation -- nothing like jumping back into my life. i should stay home and wrap christmas presents but instead i'll go :) i have to finish a small scrapbook i started as a gift for my SIL -- then my next book will by my 2006 1/2 marathon WDW trip! must scrap

Preston (DH) and i were talking about the downside to booking so far in advance is having too much time to preconceive each day, etc and then have a slight disappointment when things don't go the way one's mind played it out. for example, i was so looking forward to the Art of Entertainment classes, I LOVE baking, cooking, foodtv, the whole 9 yards. i was very disappointed with the pastry chef Herbert and how he run the plating class. i had read on the boards where another chef did a demo and then everyone made their own plate. not so for my class and i was bummed. oh well, just an example. all and all it was a FAB week -- just went tooooo quickly!

I was a bit sad to move from Valentine's Day (which Rachel picked so Mom and Dad could do something nice).... but after I looked around at the weather temps and other peoples Feb cruises I thought I want this one to be better than our Turkey Day one... so I went and found this week was the same price as the Valentine's and that is what made my decision... but also ... it is a LONGER Wait... and I didn't tell my kids yet as I just decided it today at work!

ok --- i had to officially do a 'search' to find this thread - my eyes just won't adjust to looking for "April" instead of "November" when scrolling down the list

i have the post-cruise BLAHS!!!

sherri -- i picked April as it was first most the furthest date out available to book -- we have other things to do you know :) and secondly after our first VERY ROCKY night, i was talking with my pedicurist on Monday and asked her the best month to cruise for smooth seas (she's been onboard 4 1/2 years) and she said April or May. I swear I laid in bed that first night and thought I will NEVER book another cruise -- well, I did -- so that says it all.

we have cruised twice now with chilly waters in CC and i'm ready to be HOT and ready to jump in the water and snorkel!

i jusitified to my DH (not necessary for him but eased my guilt) that I have already bought all the cruise stuff -- best to make use of it and won't have the expense pre-cruise next time! :rotfl: I did pack up our pirate gear, etc. we had eye patches we didn't even open!

I also felt the same way about having all the necessary attire, etc.... hey the children won't grow that much :rotfl2:

I am also looking for gorgeous and hot weather and also to actually visit our ports!!! My post cruise blahs have me consumed with the boards...

I was envious of the following posters pic of beautiful April weather at CC but then I read the post - hopefully we won't experience this (do you know how large the waves were at our roughest point? I hadn't found that channel on the TV then):

In April we had 14 -16 ft swells the first night out. People were getting sick in the halls and dinning rooms cleared out early. It did not bother me but my 5 year old and husband did not feel well. I bought them both the seabands from the gift shop. My sons was better in about 20 mins and was able to eat his dinner I brought back from the dinning room. My husband went to bed. The ship creaked and rocked all night. In the morning we were in Nassau and everyone felt fine. Any time we were on the ship they wore the seabands and had no other problems. The seas had also calm down.

I picked this date also because furthest and cheapest date out. I used the same line on my DH. We already invested in all the luggage and clothes so we might as well get some use out of them. Our first cruise last June cost us a fortune being that it was a west coast 50th anniv. cruise. Even with us only having to drive to the port it was a lot of money. We had no clothes, no luggage, no passports, NADA.....and although in April we will have to fly to Florida, it looks like it will be cheaper still. We were in Cat 5 last time and this next time are trying Cat 7. I've been reading up on Disney transfers and flights and stuff since it's been 20years since I've been in an airport! I was so afraid of airports til I started watching Amazing Race on TV. It kinda helped me get over it. Seems so far away, but I know how fast the last one came up, so I know this will too. Glad you started the thread early.

Debbie

pppiglet said:
I've been reading up on Disney transfers and flights and stuff since it's been 20years since I've been in an airport! I was so afraid of airports til I started watching Amazing Race on TV. It kinda helped me get over it. Seems so far away, but I know how fast the last one came up, so I know this will too. Glad you started the thread early.

Debbie

Debbie, I think you musta been over on the Thanksgiving Live board when I was asking about the transfers... I'm definitely doing it next time... too much $$$ and too much hassle!! We do have to all get passports this time... I'm thinking about getting one every 4 months :rotfl2: another big expense!

sherri

ohMom said:
sherri -- i picked April as it was first most the furthest date out available to book -- we have other things to do you know :) and secondly after our first VERY ROCKY night, i was talking with my pedicurist on Monday and asked her the best month to cruise for smooth seas (she's been onboard 4 1/2 years) and she said April or May. I swear I laid in bed that first night and thought I will NEVER book another cruise -- well, I did -- so that says it all.

I thought the exact same thing that first night as I thought I would roll off the bed in my sleep!!!! Pam

I would love to experience that kind of weather just once. I think it would be funny! Maybe not if I got sick though.

OK this needs a definite bump AND SOME ACTION.... hello???? there must be some other peeps perusing this board who are in on this cruise!!!

Guess it's still just us! Maybe they are all waiting to see the rest of 2007 dates to see what the new itinerary is.
Hey I see you're an Eagles fan. We just got back from a Sawyer Brown concert and in the middle of it the younger guys did some Eagle/Joe Walsh songs and were great! Disregard this if it's a sports team your a fan of!

Well, it looks like we are going to book this cruise for my DHs 40th birthday (4/22) and my youngest DDs 3rd birthday (4/28). We currently have a cruise booked for 5/06, that we booked onboard last year, but we're going to move that cruise to this one!

The cast of characters for this one will be myself (37), DH (40), DD (5) and DD (3) - all ages at time of cruise. This will be our 2nd Western cruise on the Magic. We took our oldest DD when she was 2.

Can't wait to plan this cruise, but for now, we have 2 more planned. One in 12 days, and one in Oct (both 4 nighters on the Wonder).

Yeah yeah yeah!!! Someone else has joined us!! Welcome alikat99 and family. Wow 2 cruises before we go that sounds GREAT! Hopefully as we get down to the 1 year out mark we will have more cruisers in our group!

Returned from 7 night Eastern on 1/28. In serious cruise withdrawal tonight, but thought I would jump in and say hello as we booked onboard for 4/21/07 Western. four hundred and some odd days according to my widget...small consolation, we are going to Palm Springs for a week in April, and might get a day at Disneyland (Easter week, probably not a great idea, but it's Disney, right?!) :cheer2:

Back to 4/21/07 - we're hoping for better weather and smoother seas than last week. It was pretty rough, and very cool at Castaway Cay. Attendees for this voyage are myself, DH and DD who will be 5 (and possibly DS, who will be 19, depends on college schedule).

Hi to the newcomers! Time flies....it will be here before you know it. I haven't made any plans yet for this cruise or researched the ports. We have a Carnival cruise next week and then I need to stay off the message boards and clean my house for awhile! Then I have to get back on and plan. We have never made air arrangements before, so that's a whole new research area for me. How far out should I get my air flights taken care of? I haven't even flown for at least 20yrs! (and someone else made the arrangements) Looks like we will be flying from LAX to MCO and staying at the Hyatt the night before. My DH wants to rent a car. I thought he might want to do the transfers, oh well.....

Well, we officially booked this cruise while on the Valentine's Day Wonder cruise. I know that it's a long time off, but luckily we have the DVC member cruise in October to tide us over until next April.

Sorry guys and gals....I am switching to May 5,2007 Magic. They just added it and that's the week I really wanted! You're all welcome to switch over with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter