April 2016 Discount Watch

I got an email unique code- similar to a pin.. up to 30% off room rates from January 2, 2016- June 7, 2016. Booked Yacht Club for April 13-20th and saved over $1000!! My in-laws also received the same email offer.. Try calling to see if you have a "unique offer code".

I got an email unique code- similar to a pin.. up to 30% off room rates from January 2, 2016- June 7, 2016. Booked Yacht Club for April 13-20th and saved over $1000!! My in-laws also received the same email offer.. Try calling to see if you have a "unique offer code".

Is there a chance that I could have a "unique offer code" and not know? If I call they would possibly have a code listed for me!? That would be so amazing...

Just got off the phone a little while ago trying to get the current early 2016 discount applied to my April 11th to April 21st honeymoon. Unfortunately the cast member told me that this discount isn't one of the ones that can be extended for your entire stay. They said to call back when the next discount comes out because it may cover your entire stay. After I got off the phone I went online and simply updated my current reservation to at least apply the discount for the April 11-13 nights of my stay. Almost $500 off is a nice start. Let's hope the next discount will cover all of my nights and I can get some big savings!

A couple of questions:
  1. When do Orbitz discount codes for April typically come out? I see the current codes are good through March 31, and we are going in April.

2. To echo Hezzy04, is it worth calling to ask about a unique offer code, even if I didn't receive an email?
Thanks!

Is there a chance that I could have a "unique offer code" and not know? If I call they would possibly have a code listed for me!? That would be so amazing...
There is definitely a chance- call and ask.. Honestly I would just call and say you have one.. This code works a little bit differently than a pin- I used it for 5 reservations for our big family trip- no problem. Pins are usually only for 3 reservations and it is enforced with the pins.. They didn't even ask me for my offer code when I called. Good luck!

There is a 15% off Orbitz code out now that was good through my April travel dates, so I just booked! Granted our trip is short and cheap so I only saved $85, but money is money. :)

There is a 15% off Orbitz code out now that was good through my April travel dates, so I just booked! Granted our trip is short and cheap so I only saved $85, but money is money. :)

Hi DisneyPiPhi, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind helping me out with please. Did you book a package or room only through Orbitz? Also with booking a package do you receive tickets, vouchers or magic bands through Orbitz? Booking a package through Orbitz with the code would save me $117. I've only once booked a Disney trip through AAA all other Disney trips through Disney. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.

I'm not DisneyPiPhi, but maybe I can help. I book room only through Orbitz, but you can add tickets to your trip through Orbitz, but I've never done that because we have AP's. You get magic bands, because you are still making a Disney reservation, but are just using a "middle man" to do it.

After you make your reservation through Orbitz, you will receive an email from Orbitz with two numbers. An Orbitz booking number and a hotel confirmation number. You use the hotel confirmation number from that email in your My Disney Experience account to link your hotel reservation. For your magic bands, this is very important, when you go to customize your magic bands, it will ask you to verify your mailing address. You will have to change your mailing address for each magic band that you customize, because the mailing address will be Orbitz's mailing address.

Hope this helps. We had a reservation for April at the Boardwalk Inn that I had booked using a Disney Visa discount. I was able to save $56 more a night by cancelling that reservation and going through Orbitz. I think Orbitz is my new best friend.

I'm not DisneyPiPhi, but maybe I can help. I book room only through Orbitz, but you can add tickets to your trip through Orbitz, but I've never done that because we have AP's. You get magic bands, because you are still making a Disney reservation, but are just using a "middle man" to do it.

After you make your reservation through Orbitz, you will receive an email from Orbitz with two numbers. An Orbitz booking number and a hotel confirmation number. You use the hotel confirmation number from that email in your My Disney Experience account to link your hotel reservation. For your magic bands, this is very important, when you go to customize your magic bands, it will ask you to verify your mailing address. You will have to change your mailing address for each magic band that you customize, because the mailing address will be Orbitz's mailing address.

Hope this helps. We had a reservation for April at the Boardwalk Inn that I had booked using a Disney Visa discount. I was able to save $56 more a night by cancelling that reservation and going through Orbitz. I think Orbitz is my new best friend.

Thank you MsThumper for the information I really appreciate your help.

We've booked our last two Disney trips through Orbitz. We don't do package or dining plan so it works out good for us. It's been easy to connect everything to MDE. Just make sure if you're booking with kids that you don't include them in the count when you book online. Orbitz in the past has charged more $$ for each child on your reservation. Since Disney adds kids for free you just have to contact Orbitz after you make your reservation and have your kids added so they can be linked to MDE as well.

I was so excited the code was good into April now! They used to not have a "cap" of $150 off and last year I saved over $200 with the code but hey every little bit off helps! Orbitz has definitely been the cheapest I've found for Room Only reservations. They also have a deal now if you buy a 3 Day Magic Your Way Ticket you get 2 DAYS FREE - it's with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More option. I haven't found any other deal like that, anyone know if there's any other cheaper ticket option?

... They used to not have a "cap" of $150 off and last year I saved over $200 with the code but hey every little bit off helps! ...

Their "uncapped" sale, promo code 48HOURSALE, comes and goes. When I was booked for our February trip through Orbitz, first I booked with the "capped" $150 off. Like you said, any little bit helps. Then about 3 days later, they had their 48HOURSALE promo code, so I was able to cancel and rebook because the room category we wanted was still available. I finally got our room rate for the Grand Floridian to 29.5% off rack price and Disney was only offering 15% off.

we'll also be there for the runDisney Star Wars Rebel race April 15-18. It's also my son's birthday. We're DVC members but the entire stay isn't available so I'll be booking a value resort stay just in case my waitlist for the DVC room doesn't come through. I'd love a discount! We're FL residents and Passholders so I'm confident something will show up.

I just went on to check some of the details on current offers and it looks like the current promo (good until April 13) is now for booking up until January 26, did anybody else notice this? I am hoping I am misinterpreting this as I was really hoping we would be seeing the late April promos coming in the next week or 2!

We are going April 15-22 (airfare booked) and have a RO booking at Caribbean Beach (never stayed there before!) and are debating if we upgrade to deluxe, depending on how god the discounts are, or maybe give free dining a try (hopefully!) as we have never done that before.

What are everyone else thought's on the revised booking date? Or please tell me I am missing something here! :)

I just went on to check some of the details on current offers and it looks like the current promo (good until April 13) is now for booking up until January 26, did anybody else notice this? I am hoping I am misinterpreting this as I was really hoping we would be seeing the late April promos coming in the next week or 2!

We are going April 15-22 (airfare booked) and have a RO booking at Caribbean Beach (never stayed there before!) and are debating if we upgrade to deluxe, depending on how god the discounts are, or maybe give free dining a try (hopefully!) as we have never done that before.

What are everyone else thought's on the revised booking date? Or please tell me I am missing something here! :)
hopefully this means the mid-late April discounts are just around the corner. Once all the December 23rd book by dates expire we should see spring deals.

hopefully this means the mid-late April discounts are just around the corner. Once all the December 23rd book by dates expire we should see spring deals.

Where is the best place to keep watch for the discounts? The disney booking site?

I am generally watching here! Here is the page on the Disney site which has the book-by date as January 26, instead of December 23. Has anyone else seen this? I now see both depending on which way I go to the page and am talking to a CM on chat to see if they can explain this to me. I don't want to have to wait until January!!!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/welcome-guest-rooms/
When I click it mentions something about a Canadian address, so maybe it's an offer just for Canadians?

Excellent, thank you! I am in Canada, so it must be that and now I can go back to stalking these threads in the hopes that the Visa deals come out and give us a sneak peek at the public offers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter