April 2016 Discount Watch

nancyjo1998

DIS Veteran
Rumors today have it the next set of discounts to be released will go from Jan - March. When should I expect April discounts to be released, if any? We are going regardless of a discount, but I would love to save a little money!

I read that the deals announced today will expire on December 23. So anytime after that.

Just read of 2 discounts issued today for Disney Visa holders (typically will be release to general public within a few days).
Play, Stay and Dine - valid 12/13-12/19 and 01/2-3/7/16 and a Room Discount offer (15-25%) for dates of travel January 2-April 13, 2016

I was just reading up on those as well. The room only fits into our dates! I'm super excited for these to be released for the general public. Rumor has it that Monday will be the day.....Impatiently waiting!!!!!

Keeping my eyes open.. like you, we are going in April regardless (just still flip flopping on the exact dates still), but would love to snag some type of savings if we can :)

Subbing....I'm going with my friend and her six year old next year (their first trip) and any money we could save would be awesome!

Not 100% sure, but everything I have read and seen for room only is you will only get the discount for the dates the discount goes through and then it will be the rack rate for the rest of the days of your stay.

Called this a.m. to try and get discount applied to existing April reservation at the Poly - no rooms available for the discount (except for Club Level). She checked other monorail resorts as well and only avail was at GF but would've been $28 more than what we currently have. CM suggested calling back later in case there are cancellations so we will see - for now this would be our first trip of 15 that we're paying rack rate!?!

And after checking online - I just called back. Still nothing available for our standard view room, but was able to change from standard view to Lagoon view and saved $113! :)

TIP: If you are calling to get the discount applied, when the automated system asks what you are calling for - say "apply a discount". When I called earlier this morning i said "apply a discount" and got right in to a Cast Member. When I called back to check again I said "modify my reservation" which is what i usually do. But when I did this the time on hold was estimated at 90 minutes. I hung up, called back and said "apply a discount" - the time on hold was estimated at 2 minutes. I was in and done in less than 10 minutes!!

Was able to apply the discounts for our split stay reservation super early this morning! Now trying to play around with different resorts to see prices to maybe switch our resorts, but it is showing no availability everywhere. The system must be overloaded with everyone trying to get their discounts applied!

I called and got a discount on our Standard view room at POFQ over the weekend via my Disney Visa. Saved us $213. Got online this morning to get the same discount for my parents and the standard view rooms were not available so they had to go with a garden view. It still saved then $184.52. When it comes to POFQ I'll take anything we can get.

We are staying the week of 4/4-4/9 and there are already no discounts available at any moderate for a standard room. Upgrades don't appeal to us as they end up costing more than we already have :( Good thing I didn't really count on discounts to be able to go.

We are staying the week of 4/4-4/9 and there are already no discounts available at any moderate for a standard room. Upgrades don't appeal to us as they end up costing more than we already have :( Good thing I didn't really count on discounts to be able to go.
My parents do not have a Disney Visa so I had to wait until this morning to change theirs online, i had to go to a Garden view room because the standard views were gone. They still saved $184. That's a few meals for them. So don't give up looking at the upgrades.

I saved $530 on our AKL room for our April trip this morning! It didn't include our last night though, so I'll have to keep an eye out for the next set of discounts. I was able to change my reservation online, which was great, because I called first and the wait time was stated as 2 1/2 hrs...yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter