April 2015 Car Rental Codes

My rate dropped today. I have a Sienna booked for 8 days for $260. Happy with that rate. I have a Rav4 booked for 10 days for $234. I would like to see the Rav4 drop a little, but am happy with the Sienna price. I need that 8 seater when the family comes in mid trip. (Sorry that's using the Passholder discount and the $30 coupon on each AD2338FDF)
Wha company is this for? Where do I find passholder code as I am a passholder as well.

Hi All,
Looking for opinions. This is our first time renting a car and curious as to your thoughts. Right now I have two reservations: Picking up and dropping off at MCO, April 21-April 28 for a minivan.
Dollar-$227
Alamo-$230

Are these good prices? I know they are a lot better than when I first started looking, but just curious if I should keep trying for something better. Also, if you had your choice between these two companies which would you choose to rent from and why?

Thanks SO much for all your help in this process!

-Kelly

Mine wasn't a discount code, it was the city special. You just input your dates and times and then when the page opens there will be a tab to click for city specials.
Thanks for letting me know. It was $307 for the city special for my dates - just a week after yours. Glad yours were cheap though!

4/17-4/27 I'm booked at $309 all in for a 10 day one way rental from FLL to MCO at National (full size booked but Exec aisle choice - hoping to grab a mid sized suv). Saved a few dollars over my corporate rate by booking through the Amex Platinum travel page and used a $25 Entertainment book coupon code. I've tried every other trick I can think of to lower the total cost and there is nothing. I think it's the one way rental that is killing any possible deals.

So when I enter my dates on the Dollar website I get offered a van for a week in April for almost 800 dollars and no city special pops up. Do I need to be a dollar express member (tried but they didn't send me my info yet), or is it just for Americans? Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

sjerrott-
You do not need to be a dollar express member, but I am not sure if it's just for US based customers.
FWIW, my dates include Easter and the "City Special" rates are not so special. Try Dollar corporate code oi1054 and see if you have any luck.
The code is for Orlando Magicard (free to join).
-jkelly-

I just found the following new code for Dollar on Mousesavers:

"Use promo code AJKRQ at Dollar to get a Midsize SUV rental for $199.99/week. Offer available for pickups 4/5/15 – 6/15/15 at participating US locations." It gave me $271 for a Midsize SUV for a week with all taxes, etc. Not a great rate, but better than what some have been seeing.

"Use promo code AJKRQ at Dollar to get a Midsize SUV rental for $199.99/week. Offer available for pickups 4/5/15 – 6/15/15 at participating US locations." It gave me $271 for a Midsize SUV for a week with all taxes, etc. Not a great rate, but better than what some have been seeing.

Thanks for sharing. I plugged in my dates and one way details with that code and it was $555 for 10 days! eek! It did say $199/wk base rate so it must be the one way piece that's making it so expensive. I can't imaging that 3 extra days costs over $280...

Thanks for sharing. I plugged in my dates and one way details with that code and it was $555 for 10 days! eek! It did say $199/wk base rate so it must be the one way piece that's making it so expensive. I can't imaging that 3 extra days costs over $280...
Sorry it didn't work for you.

thank you for that.
I had a full size from Budget for 344.00 from April 11th to 21st. With this code, I can get an SUV for 421.00 (80.00 more). I think I'll go with the SUV one, more comfortable for the 3 kids.

By the way, I just posted this as a new thread on the transportation board. Not sure if anyone here has any input on this:

Folks,
I haven't been to Orlando/Kissimmee area for the last 3 years.
Today, while renting an SUV for April from Dollar (using code AJKRQ), I sawthe following warning on the terms and conditions:

PLATE PASS
Please note: There are toll roads within this area that have converted or will be converting to all-electronic tolling or cashless tolling. In these areas there is no option for a rental car to stop and pay the tolls in cash. If your travels will take you on a toll road in an area where there is no option to stop and pay cash for the tolls, PlatePass All-Inclusive Tolling is the perfect solution. If you choose not to select the PlatePass pre-paid tolling option and travel on one of these all-electronic toll roads, and do not have your own tolling device in the vehicle, the applicable toll will be paid for you and an administrative fee of $15.00 per occurrence with a maximum of $105.00 will be charged.

While renting, there was an option to add PLATEPASS for 8.99 a day.

Question: is this an issue for the Disney/Universal area? Are there many tolls with no option to pay cash? Should we spend the 90.00 (10 days X 8.99) for this device?

Thanks for your help....

Camilo

Yikes, that's a lot of fees just for paying some tolls! The policy at National is a bit better:

When one of our rental vehicles passes through a designated toll express laneand generates an unpaid toll, the toll and any applicable TollPass Convenience Charge will be charged to the same credit/debit card that is used to rent the vehicle.

What is a TollPass Convenience Charge?

· The TollPass Convenience Charge is a $3.95 charge for each day you use a toll express lane on roadways covered by our TollPass provider, up to a maximum of $19.75 per rental, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls.

Well I made a reservation for a compact suv 23.95 per day. Not a great deal. But looking today the cheapest is an economy for 56. Per day!! Crazy!! April 12-17 at Sanford. Wow!!

I just rented a full size from National picking up at Buena Vista Palace at DTD on Easter (April 5) returning to MCO Sunday April 12--one week. I used Southwest code 5030924 for up to 25% off and 2400 miles. Also used coupon ND9339JUZ for $20 off a weekly rental. My total (including $5 fee for earning Southwest miles) is $90.30!!! Tried other National locations but nothing was even close to this rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter