April 2015 Car Rental Codes

DCbride

DIS Veteran
I know it seems early- but if you know you are going to Orlando in April, you might want to book your car now. I played around with the Budget and Alamo sites. We arrive Easter night late and are staying a week. I started at $550 :rotfl2: and ended up at $130 total ($17 a day, plus fees for a full size at MCO) for a week, plus a day :cool1: And that is Easter Week!

I used the Disney passholder code and coupon AD2338FDF, which is $30 off

Good Luck!

I know it seems early- but if you know you are going to Orlando in April, you might want to book your car now. I played around with the Budget and Alamo sites. We arrive Easter night late and are staying a week. I started at $550 :rotfl2: and ended up at $130 total ($17 a day, plus fees for a full size at MCO) for a week, plus a day :cool1: And that is Easter Week!

Good Luck!

Is this code for alamo or budget? I have an SUV book at Budget for $240 for a week. Im also a passholder, and I would like to bring down the price

First time renting a car in MCO (actually, first time ever renting a car for personal use; not on a corporate trip).

We're going the day before Easter until the Saturday after and just decided it would make sense for us to rent a car this time as long as the prices were right. I logged on last night and the fluctuations in price are insane - from about $140ish/week with Dollar and Thirfty to over $600 for National Budget and Avis on a mid-size - is that always like that!? Seems insane. Is there any reason for such fluctuation? I feel like I MUST be missing something...

I only looked through Southwest's website and their rapid rewards partners to get RR points for my rental - is there a better way to do this/better codes available to find? DOes signing up for any of the companies' programs help out in any way?

Thanks for the help.

After signing up for the Emerald Aisle and Dollar Express programs, I booked a full size this morning on Dollar using only their "City Specials" (better price than any coupon codes I found) for $146 for a Saturday-Saturday rental starting the day before Easter.

From what i found, Dollar and Thrifty were less than half the rate of the other companies, but I didn't play with too many codes other than some of the ones you can find for National - I didn't get anything close to the Dollar rate though, even using the much-talked-about Air France/KLM code with them. Ohio State code came close ($200ish plus fees) but I felt weird using that with zero affiliation.

Whats the Budget/Alamo codes mentioned above? For Disney AP holders only?

I picked up a full-size with the Dollar "City Special" for $142.20 for Easter Sunday for 7 days.

Great deal. Thanks for the head's up.

When you make reservation don't put in any code. Then when the rates page shows there is a green box called city specials. Clock they and it updates prices

That being said prices r back up today. Keep checking as they go back and forth frequently

Is that total cost for a full size from Dollar. I'm not getting anywhere close
to that. Or are you reporting the base charge before they tack on $70 in fees?

My reservation is one-way from JAX on 4/2 to MCO on 4/9 (8 days). Total cost for a minivan for the whole trip including taxes and fees is $94.82!

joining you all to stalk the prices. Most coupon codes I've found are not good far enough out yet. I'm looking at doing a local rental here at home and driving unless I find better airfare deals.

My husband booked for April for us.

We are flying into Tampa for 12 days (beaches if the Ft. Myers area not Disney).

He booked a minivan thru enterprise for between $500-$600 (I think). I am not home so I can't remember the exact amount.

When he was checking last week he saw a box for rental insurance it something like that and he checked if our auto policy covers rentals and it does so that saved us big money.

I just got a full size with Dollar for $158.50 for 4/5/15-4/11/15. This included al l fees and didn't use ay codes It was a city special.

Have been looking often, but the best I got is a compact from Dollar from 4/11-4/18 for $184.

Just booked via Dollar. Dates are 4/9 to 4/21. Best rate was AAA rate with Dollar of 357 all in. It should get better than this.... I typically always get it under 200 for this time of year for that time length!!!!

Just booked via Dollar. Dates are 4/9 to 4/21. Best rate was AAA rate with Dollar of 357 all in. It should get better than this.... I typically always get it under 200 for this time of year for that time length!!!!

And as quickly as I booked it, I cancelled it! I just found a better deal on alamo with the costco code and the 30 visa coupon in the 1st post. I also played around with my times (our flight gets in at 12:15 am) and we were toying with staying at the hyatt and picking up the car in the morning. But, it will save us 60 off the car rental to pick up at 12:30 and the other airport hotels are MUCH cheaper. Total now is 302.

Good Luck!
How long did it take you to get it from 550 to 130? We are going in feb just got it down from 305 to 264 hoping to get under 200 if possible for 8 days like you

And as quickly as I booked it, I cancelled it! I just found a better deal on alamo with the costco code and the 30 visa coupon in the 1st post. I also played around with my times (our flight gets in at 12:15 am) and we were toying with staying at the hyatt and picking up the car in the morning. But, it will save us 60 off the car rental to pick up at 12:30 and the other airport hotels are MUCH cheaper. Total now is 302.
What was the Costco code again? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter