April 2015 Car Rental Codes

Prices aren't lowering for April 11-18th out of MCO. Good thing I got a compact for $168 when I did.

Just booked a quick April trip to do some F&G photography. No overnight stay on Saturday so no National coupon. Best rate I got for 4/19 - 4/21 was through my National Emerald corporate rate for $139.80 (Emerald Aisle)

Was able to book a midsize through Dollar yesterday using Dollar Express and AAA for $87.26. Nice little savings! Prices for May trip are still high.

Hi All - planning a trip to Orlando on April 1st and I'm totally overwhelmed by the codes. I see the costco code being talked about here and then other codes with it, but I don't understand. What code goes where? I see coupon code, product code and contract ID - where does the costco code go?

I'm looking for an SUV or minivan (whichever is cheaper) for a week - 1st to 7th of April and the cheapest I can find so far (without being able to make those Alamo codes work) is 513. I need to pickup and drop off at the airport. I'd appreciate any advice people have!

Hi All - planning a trip to Orlando on April 1st and I'm totally overwhelmed by the codes. I see the costco code being talked about here and then other codes with it, but I don't understand. What code goes where? I see coupon code, product code and contract ID - where does the costco code go?

I'm looking for an SUV or minivan (whichever is cheaper) for a week - 1st to 7th of April and the cheapest I can find so far (without being able to make those Alamo codes work) is 513. I need to pickup and drop off at the airport. I'd appreciate any advice people have!

The contract ID is where you put the costco code and then the coupon code is where the other code would go (usually a $ amount off or a free upgrade).
Hope that helps!

Thanks! Am I too late folks? I've tried all these codes and find nothing low. This late in the game, should I accept 500 dollars for a week (minivan) or are there last minute deals to be had most of the time? What is your process? Do you just check here everyday and enter whatever codes you find?

I'm still looking for mini van April 2-12 from SFB and haven't found anything less than $450. Fingers crossed and will continue to look!

Hi all! I posted before on this thread when I found a better rate through AAA. Well, I did it again. After weeks of increasing rates, I checked again today and saved almost $30 but am now in a midsize instead of an economy! Total now through Dollar AAA rate April 25-May 1 is $139.42. Keep checking your dates to see if rates go down! Between Cheaptickets hotel deal for tonight (25% off- " luckyhour" -- from 5-9pm CST ) and this new rate, I've saved us almost $75 tonight:) Yeah!!

Thanks! Am I too late folks? I've tried all these codes and find nothing low. This late in the game, should I accept 500 dollars for a week (minivan) or are there last minute deals to be had most of the time? What is your process? Do you just check here everyday and enter whatever codes you find?
You're late in the game, but as they say, better late than never. You'll need to spend some time and plug in every code imaginable to get the best deal. Do not prepay and lock yourself into a rate. Then, the day before your trip, go on priceline.com and name your own price, and low-bid the type of car you want (start off with $5/day, which will likely get rejected, but it might not, and you can keep re-bidding). I've had good results doing that.

Enterprise went down significantly yesterday for Easter week - I know they're connected to National but they don't have the same "pick your own car" thing like the Emerald Aisle, right?

I'm still "stuck" on $146/week for April 4-11 for a standard through Dollar - we're 5, though so was really hoping I'd eventually see something open up on the Emerald Aisle with the chance of upgrading size, or at least something we can just grab right from the garage as the way I understand it, even with Dollar Express, there's going to be either a counter or kiosk involved (right?).

Just for my own information, are there any other companies that offer a similar program to the Emerald Aisle in case National never does come down?

Wow, this is the first time we'll be visiting Disney in April (we usually go in the October - December period), and I'm shocked at how high rental prices are. Granted, we booked our trip last minute, but right now the lowest I could get through Costco, which has always been the lowest rates we could find, is $260 for a week. Am hoping prices go down in the next couple of weeks, we usually pay somewhere around $150 for 8 or 9 days through Costco for a full size car.

My rate dropped today. I have a Sienna booked for 8 days for $260. Happy with that rate. I have a Rav4 booked for 10 days for $234. I would like to see the Rav4 drop a little, but am happy with the Sienna price. I need that 8 seater when the family comes in mid trip. (Sorry that's using the Passholder discount and the $30 coupon on each AD2338FDF)

I am a AAA member and am have booked with Alamo, though I am trying to make it cheaper. What is the AAA discount code? Or where do I get it? Thank you everyone!

And as quickly as I booked it, I cancelled it! I just found a better deal on alamo with the costco code and the 30 visa coupon in the 1st post. I also played around with my times (our flight gets in at 12:15 am) and we were toying with staying at the hyatt and picking up the car in the morning. But, it will save us 60 off the car rental to pick up at 12:30 and the other airport hotels are MUCH cheaper. Total now is 302.

I am a AAA member and am have booked with Alamo, though I am trying to make it cheaper. What is the AAA discount code? Or where do I get it? Thank you everyone!

Typically you have to go to your your regional AAA site to find codes and specials. Or try googling AAA member codes.

Hey I figured I would offer some help as I currently work for National and Alamo and have worked for Enterprise in the past.

As far as the Contract ID's from other places (IE Costco, Ohio State etc). 9/10 times no one will ask you for an ID or proof but like someone said earlier, some branches will ask for an ID to show them. It really depends on the employee or the branch because they are supposed to do that every time but some airports deal with thousands of reservations in a single day and don't ask because they want to move through the reservation to get to the next person. Also I don't promote anyone using a discount for an employer they don't work for but if they do and something happens to that car, they might call that company and verify employment and if it's business use or not. I know my region does.

Try a discount with your employer or even their parent company. For example, you work for Duracell and there isn't a discount code but you try their parent company, P&G and you might have luck finding something. Even if it's a business discount, most of them will allow you to use it for personal use as well, they just won't cover damages on personal rentals. I can also look up if there is a discount for your company or organization with National or Alamo, just PM me.

Costco and BJ's are also good because they offer coupons for upgrades, free additional drivers, or $$ off.

Also most companies have loyalty programs that are free to sign up for and offer 5-10% discounts right away as well as loyalty points towards free rentals etc. Emerald Club is my personal favorite but that's me.
Never mind..worked

Enterprise went down significantly yesterday for Easter week - I know they're connected to National but they don't have the same "pick your own car" thing like the Emerald Aisle, right?

Just for my own information, are there any other companies that offer a similar program to the Emerald Aisle in case National never does come down?

I ALWAYS pick my own car with Alamo at MCO. I usually book on the Costco site, a mid-SUV, I just walk into the garage, pick my vehicle, load up, drive out, and hand the employee in the exit booth my paperwork.

So I keep watching my rate for the first week of April to see if it will go down because we are about 3 weeks out now and it has instead gone up to almost $950 (8 days full size). Is this normal? I have a reservation at enterprise for $266, which I think is quite high, but at this rate it's going to be over $1000 soon! I know it is a holiday week, but I thought rates would go down at least a bit as we get closer. Is it still too early?

Special on Dollar!!! just booked Apr 13 - 17 .. $9.72/day for midsize!!

Thanks for the head's up! I just rebooked my 4/5 - 4/12 trip to $127 for a full size. I thought when I booked the $142.xx months ago it would be my best deal.

We would prefer a larger vehicle (SUV or Van), but unfortunately those aren't included in the City Special. For $127.xx we will live in a sedan for a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter