April 2013 pin code watch

Count us in for April 9th thru April 16th.. Last year u went in April and I did get a discount, a public one.. However, I had already booked and was lucky enough to be one of the first to hear the discount had come out.
Question : can I get a AAA discount if I am booked through Disney? Or would I have had to have booked with AAA?

loganpaulsmom said:
Count us in for April 9th thru April 16th.. Last year u went in April and I did get a discount, a public one.. However, I had already booked and was lucky enough to be one of the first to hear the discount had come out.
Question : can I get a AAA discount if I am booked through Disney? Or would I have had to have booked with AAA?

You can get AAA room only discount by calling Disney reservations but for a AAA package you have to go to AAA.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Count us in too!!! We are going to be at POFQ from April 20th-28th, with my 40th Birthday being right in the middle of the trip April 24th!! Woo Hoo!!!:cool1:

wdw71 said:
You can get AAA room only discount by calling Disney reservations but for a AAA package you have to go to AAA.

I called today. I would have to cancel my current reservation.. And get just a room only reservation. If I wanted tickets and dining I would have to go through AAA. I don't want to do that because once AAA has your ressie they own it and I can no longer call and make any changes..

I called today. I would have to cancel my current reservation.. And get just a room only reservation. If I wanted tickets and dining I would have to go through AAA. I don't want to do that because once AAA has your ressie they own it and I can no longer call and make any changes..

That's why I don't use AAA for my reservations. I have a room-only reservation w/10% AAA discount, bought my tickets two years ago through Undercover Tourist, and we plan to pay for meals out of pocket. We did the package / travel agent routine the first two trips but on our third (most recent) trip I felt confident that I could handle my own reservation and I could. In fact, having a TA for that first trip caused the trip to be shorter than it had to be. (Long story.) If room-only discounts come out, I'm ready!

pwdebbie said:
That's why I don't use AAA for my reservations. I have a room-only reservation w/10% AAA discount, bought my tickets two years ago through Undercover Tourist, and we plan to pay for meals out of pocket. We did the package / travel agent routine the first two trips but on our third (most recent) trip I felt confident that I could handle my own reservation and I could. In fact, having a TA for that first trip caused the trip to be shorter than it had to be. (Long story.) If room-only discounts come out, I'm ready!

That's how I feel too. I used AAA FOR 2 out of my last 3 recent trips.. Not having control over my trip was not a good feeling. In 2 seperate instances there were discounts that came out that couldn't be applied right away because my TA wasn't in the office that day. Last year I left it in the hands of the Disney Ta's and boy did they work for their money. ( that's a long story too,lol) the end result being I like the control.. Lol

Well I bit the bullet and booked our trip today for 4/12-4/20 at the CR. I'm trying to not get too excited though because if we don't get a discount we aren't going. I keep comparing this quote to what we actually paid in 10/2010 and there's no way I will pay what they're asking without a discount! Here's hoping something comes out soon!

Patiently waiting for April discounts to come out as well. :rolleyes1

Also noticed that Easter prices run until the 6th of April and regular rates start on the 7th, so it'll be interesting to see if/when any discounts are applicable.

Since the Jan-Mar discounts have to be booked by Dec. 31, I'm guessing the April discounts won't be released until January. Here's hoping I'm wrong though. Not sure I can wait that long to book! :bitelip:

@disneyfreak89, why don't you go ahead and book what you want now? You can change it when the discounts come out or if you end up not being able to go, you get your $200 deposit back in full as long as it's before the 45 day mark. That's what I did...still keeping my fingers crossed...I hate waiting!!

I too am planning a trip April 1-7. I got a pin in the mail for 35% off rooms but the dates are from Jan 1- March 24 and April 21- May 22.

Any resorts or levels of resorts excluded from the PIN??

I don't think any resorts are excluded but I have noticed that some resorts have more or less of a discount than others. The ones we always chose seem to have the least discount:lmao:

Received a pin in the mail today.....but I won't be able to use it! :( It's for up to 30% off for dates up to Dec. 22. Ugh! Hope this doesn't mean they won't be sending me another pin since they just gave me one!!! :confused3

Booked for April 20-29. I sure hope there will be some sort of discount, because that price made me plotz my pants. I can not wait to make dining reservations.......and that Be Our Guest.....:}

USAND3KIDS said:
Booked for April 20-29. I sure hope there will be some sort of discount, because that price made me plotz my pants. I can not wait to make dining reservations.......and that Be Our Guest.....:}

I feel just like you. I keep looking at our amount due and I am struggling with it. The problem for us is we are April 5 thru the 12. Chances of a discount are slimmer for us.

wdw71 said:
I feel just like you. I keep looking at our amount due and I am struggling with it. The problem for us is we are April 5 thru the 12. Chances of a discount are slimmer for us.

I'm in your boat too.. Ours is April 9th thru the 16th.. I would b surprised if a discount was offered less than 2 weeks after Easter.. A girl can dream though..

Hi everyone,

I just joined the board.

I'm going April 11 - 21, staying at AoA Little Mermaid, and crossing my fingers for free dining (too hopeful?). Will change my resort of Little Mermaid is excluded, but that would be so sad! Let's see some discounts!

gonna be there april 21-27 for our honeymoon, also my fiance's first trip! we're really hoping for free dining, but any discount will do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter