April 2, 2011 - 7 Night Western Caribbean

Looks like we are gaining quite a bit of interest in the meet at 2:45pm in the Promenade Lounge on boarding day.

Do you think we should do name tags or something?
Something with our DIS name and then real name?

I'll keep a list and print them out.

So if you plan on coming to the DIS Meet send me a PM with names of your family members. I'll include your DIS name on the tag as well.

I'm getting so excited :yay:

PM on the way!!!

So has anyone been to Cozumel before this cruise??? I am wondering how much cash to bring, when I go shopping.

We have a couples massage scheduled for 3pm that day, so we just want to go into Cozumel do some shopping, lunch and head back to the ship.... Is this feasible?? I have heard that the Punta Lagosta Mall is a tourist trap?? and that we should go farther down to the other shopping area.

Any suggestions???

I am so looking forward to the cruise. We spent the weekend in WDW and as usual-now I need a vacation! Our flight down was delayed for an hour and our return flight was delayed for 4 hours. We live in Georgia so it's usually a quick trip-about an hour flight. I am so glad we decided to drive to Port Canaveral for the cruise.
Glad to see some other folks doing the island tours in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
:dance3:

I am so looking forward to the cruise. We spent the weekend in WDW and as usual-now I need a vacation! Our flight down was delayed for an hour and our return flight was delayed for 4 hours. We live in Georgia so it's usually a quick trip-about an hour flight. I am so glad we decided to drive to Port Canaveral for the cruise.
Glad to see some other folks doing the island tours in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
:dance3:

What part of geogia are you from

My family is interested in meeting new friends at the meet. My niece has met a few girls on here (she is 13) and we also have a 5 year old little girl and two 18 year old boys that are going.....so look for us at the meet!!:flower3:

I have you all down for the meet. Chloe sent me a PM since you didn't have enough posts to do so.

We live in Cumming, Georgia which is about 40 miles north of Atlanta. We've been here for a little over a year. We moved from Milford, Massachusetts.
Did you live in Georgia?

We're from the Marietta/East Cobb area and have been here for 16 years. Moved from outside New York City. Can't wait to meet you!

So has anyone been to Cozumel before this cruise??? I am wondering how much cash to bring, when I go shopping.

We have a couples massage scheduled for 3pm that day, so we just want to go into Cozumel do some shopping, lunch and head back to the ship.... Is this feasible?? I have heard that the Punta Lagosta Mall is a tourist trap?? and that we should go farther down to the other shopping area.

Any suggestions???

This will be our fifth time at Cozumel on a cruise (1-NCL and 4-DCL). Yes, the Punta Langosta Mall is a tourist trap but it really can't be avoided since you have to depart the pier through the area. Be forewarned that some of the shop keepers, no matter where you are in Cozumel, are somewhat pushy and in your face while trying to get you to come into their stores. Just say no thank you and continue on.

I would recommend eating lunch on the ship to be on the safe side if you want to avoid possible food issues. I think there are a couple of restaurants that Disney lists in the shopping guide that should be ok though. I will look back through our info from previous cruises later and check for sure. You should have no problem making your 3pm massage either.

Most likely we won't get off the in Cozumel and instead will enjoy the ship. We did the same thing last April and it was great with very few people onboard most of the day.

We live in Cumming, Georgia which is about 40 miles north of Atlanta. We've been here for a little over a year. We moved from Milford, Massachusetts.
Did you live in Georgia?

no but i like to learn about different places

We currently live just outside if Augusta. however we moved here from Douglasviile GA.
we still have a home there.
Excited to meet everyone!

Ello, mjruane, darinb66 - We live in Peachtree City, GA. Moved from Columbus, GA about 2 years ago. My son plays ice hockey in Alpharetta, so we are up that way A LOT!

Can't wait to meet everyone! We are getting so close now.

Hey y'all, just to join in on the Georgia discussion--I'm originally from St. Simons Island, lived in Marietta briefly as a child, and went to school for a few semesters at Agnes Scott. Also my grandparents were from the ATL (lol) and lived in Palmetto for their retirement years. So, Go Dawgs! :) :yay:

We're from the Marietta/East Cobb area and have been here for 16 years. Moved from outside New York City. Can't wait to meet you!

My husband and I grew up in Brooklyn and moved away 17 years ago. Most of our family is still in NY-NJ .
Can't wait to meet you and your family too!
:banana:

It is beautiful spring day in chicago. We have parent teacher conference today. Our are not till 9 pm and 9:30pm so it will be a very long day for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter