April 2, 2011 - 7 Night Western Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by e_s_jones, Mar 6, 2010.

1. e_s_jones

e_s_jones Disney Dad

Hello to all... try as I might, I couldn't find a link for our cruise, so I am officially starting one now!!

Glad to meet everyone.

Earl and Jane
    Celebrating our 35th Anniversary aboard Disney Magic!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

4. e_s_jones

e_s_jones Disney Dad

This will be the second cruise for Jane and me. We took our first cruise on the Wonder in May, 2008, which was the four-night Bahamas cruise. We were with our two adult children then, but this time it will just be the two of us. (35th anniversary on April 3!!!)

Anyway, I'd like to hear from anyone here who has done the 7-night Western itinerary before, especially with regard to what to do and what to avoid in the various ports-of-call.

Any SCUBA divers among us? I did the dive excursion in Nassau in '08, and Jane is encouraging me to do it again in either Cayman or Cozumel. I'm torn... I love to dive, but I also like to see new places, too, and a dive excursion pretty much takes the entire day in port. Thoughts?

Anyone else from Ohio? Anyone cruising without kids?

- Earl

5. MEAGON2222

MEAGON2222 Mouseketeer

we will be renewing our vows on that cruise.

barb

6. e_s_jones

e_s_jones Disney Dad

Welcome to our meet thread! :banana:

7. pjupton

pjupton Mouseketeer

We're booked for our first DCL cruise! DH and I have cruised twice on Celebrity (Alaska on Infinity last summer and Western Caribbean on Century in 2002). We'll have our then-seven-year-old twin boys along with us.

We're both advanced certified divers but probably won't be going this trip. We dove in both Cozumel & Grand Cayman back in 2002, both were spectacular. We booked on our own, neither was a particularly difficult dive but I recall being pretty deep (120-130 feet) and drifting quickly along a wall in Cozumel. Beautiful scenery and warm water, nothing better than that!

8. paraflier

paraflier Mouseketeer

Hi! We are a family of 4 that will be on this cruise. Our boys will be 6 and 4 by that time. Husband is a SCUBA diver and plans on going while we're at Caymen Island, I think he's planning on booking the 2 tank dive through the ship. Can't wait! :)

9. firstime discruiser

firstime discruiser Earning My Ears

We've booked our first Disney cruise!! DH and I have cruised twice before, on Celebrity Infinity and RCI Voyager of the Seas. Our last cruise was on the Voyager in 2004 (pre-kids), so it's been a while!

We'll be sailing with our two boys, who will be 6 and 4 at the time of the cruise.

I think I'm more excited than the kids- I can't wait!

Heather

10. paraflier

paraflier Mouseketeer

I forgot to add that my mother will be cruising with us. She lives with us full time and has some mobility issues. She'll likely not leave the ship at the ports but enjoy them from her verandah. :thumbsup2

So our group is 60 something grandma Carolyn, early 30's Kris and Mary, 6 year old Nate and 4 year old Kris. The older Kris is a certified SCUBA diver, the kids are excited to play in the clubs and meet friends. Mary is just looking forward to a week of no cooking, cleaning, and maybe...just maybe a few minutes to herself to read and relax. Can't wait! :goodvibes

Have any of you visited any of the ports we're going to before? Any recommendations? I'm a little concerned because DH wants to go diving in the Caymens so I think I'll have to take the kids ashore myself. Any safety concerns doing that? I worry about one of them wandering off or something. Would it be best to stick to a close beach to the port and not wander through town too much? Or stay aboard that day and enjoy the pools to ourselves?

11. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

My mom and I will be joing you all on this cruise. Originally we were going on the eastern the week before this, but we just made the switch today. We cruised the same time this past April(western too) and it was great.

12. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

Fellow Ohioan here - NW and it's just me and my mom so technically no kids so to speak.

13. JeffAmyCole

JeffAmyCole Pfaff Family

We're from Columbus, Ohio and will be on this cruise as well! So excited!!!

14. MEAGON2222

MEAGON2222 Mouseketeer

We have always cruise in september but this year we are going in april how is the weather at castaway. we also will have no kids

15. kyirish25

kyirish25 DIS Veteran

Add us to the growing list :cool1:

Me, DH, DS(9), FIL & MIL

This will be our 2nd cruise. Last time was 4-nights on the Wonder in 2008. We are really looking forward to a 7-night!

16. firstime discruiser

firstime discruiser Earning My Ears

We should try to get our boys to meet up- my boys would love to meet some other kids! I've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but it's been a long time. Grand Cayman seemed fairly safe to me, compared to some of the other islands. We did the stingray and 7-mile beach thing. The beach was great and pretty close to the ship, if I remember correctly.

17. e_s_jones

e_s_jones Disney Dad

I'm glad to see so many new posts here... I was starting to think we'd have the ship all to ourselves! :thumbsup2

I've been wondering about the weather (especially water temp) in early April, too. Our last cruise (2008) was in mid-May, and the water at CC and Nassau was very warm and pleasant.

Looking forward to SCUBA, too, but I'm leaning towards Cozumel, though Cayman is great, too. Cayman, though, might be my snorkeling port.

- Earl

18. MEAGON2222

MEAGON2222 Mouseketeer

Any one else kids getting ready for school. My kids start aug 24th :goodvibes
    i am excited

19. MEAGON2222

MEAGON2222 Mouseketeer

Any one else kids getting ready for school. My kids start aug 24th :goodvibes
    i am excited

20. CelticPrncss

CelticPrncss Earning My Ears

Hello, I haven't been on the boards lately, you know how life and work gets in the way. But it is so nice to see that I will not be the only one on this cruise.:cool1:

This will be our 2nd cruise on the Magic, but our first Western Carribbean!! We are so excited:banana:. We will be celebrating our 22d Anniversary on the cruise!!

We will have no kids with us, but perhaps in 2 years when the grandson is out of diapers the whole family will be cruising...

21. dunnhorn

dunnhorn I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

Hello everyone!

This will be our second DCL cruise - the first one was a 4 day Bahamas cruise on the Wonder during Memorial Day week in May, 2009. It was great! We thought we'd take advantage and sail on the Magic before it went off to ports unknown... We will be on one of the last sailings of the Magic in the carribbean!

I am very excited! I know you guys are as well! :):banana::banana::banana: