Apple scooter-recent experiences

burnetta696

Mouseketeer
I've been seeing a lot of negatives about apple scooter lately, so I was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with them recently. I have a scooter from there reserved for my grandmother for our upcoming trip in June because I had heard good things, and they are the cheapest... But I'm wondering if I should switch to somewhere else. I have to use the featured vendors because we will have to leave it with bell services.

We rent from them 3-5 times a year, sometimes more. Any issues we have had with them have been resolved quickly. I think they have had some growing pains and maybe some management/hierarchy changes and since then we have seen a slight decline in service, but not enough to change (yet). I would still at this time recommend them.

I used them in January, and my experience was fine. The scooter was a little scratched and beat up looking, but it ran fine and I never had a problem with it.

I used Apple for several years to rent for my mom. Couldn't have been more pleased! We go 3-4 times per year. Then I had 4 bad experiences. I feel like a gave them a chance! They always showed up and quickly resolved the problems, but that just gets old after awhile. From what I can gather on these boards and from talking with folks I meet up with at WDW, it is the luck of the draw. Some get great scooters and others get hunks of junk. They have not replaced aging scooters as they should. It seems that management might have changed or something because they used to be much nicer and more customer orientated. My last experience with them was in Dec. I made sure I requested a new scooter and of course they left me with a scooter that would barely go. I called and was not very nice. Just told them to come and get it and that I was through with them. They did show up at the resort a couple of hours later with a brand new scooter! In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount. What?? I was done with Apple after that. I know that others have had great experiences with Apple, but am sharing what my experience has been. Hope you have a great trip!!

We use them 4-5 times a year and have never had a single problem. The last time we used them was March 21-31st, so just last month.

Was just at Disney beginning of March and must say compared to Walker and Buena the scooters with Apple's name on them were looking a bit "worn" and ready for replacement.
Just my opinion.

In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount.

WOW!!:scared1:

I used Apple for several years to rent for my mom. Couldn't have been more pleased! We go 3-4 times per year. Then I had 4 bad experiences. I feel like a gave them a chance! They always showed up and quickly resolved the problems, but that just gets old after awhile. From what I can gather on these boards and from talking with folks I meet up with at WDW, it is the luck of the draw. Some get great scooters and others get hunks of junk. They have not replaced aging scooters as they should. It seems that management might have changed or something because they used to be much nicer and more customer orientated. My last experience with them was in Dec. I made sure I requested a new scooter and of course they left me with a scooter that would barely go. I called and was not very nice. Just told them to come and get it and that I was through with them. They did show up at the resort a couple of hours later with a brand new scooter! In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount. What?? I was done with Apple after that. I know that others have had great experiences with Apple, but am sharing what my experience has been. Hope you have a great trip!!

There has been speculation this was happening.

Too bad I'm done with them for the same reason it isn't right to basically pay people to write good reviews

Too bad I'm done with them for the same reason it isn't right to basically pay people to write good reviews[/QUOTE

Funny thing is, I would have written a terrible review!! LOL!! Bet I would not have gotten a discount! ;)

That's just plain wrong! If a company has to stoop so low as to "buy" what should be a legitimate testimonial I would never trust that company again. Funny thing is they are also "buying" to be on Disney's vendor list, so if Disney reads these boards and truly cares about visitor experience I hope to see some changes in policy on their part as well.
Just my opinion...

We have one reserved for our trip in a few weeks

I have used them before with no problems but am concerned after recent comments

I called them yesterday with a question and the agent did not instill much confidence during the conversation

I will post my experience after our trip

Thanks everyone... I look forward to another review, and the comments here are concerning. I don't like their attitude but, will talk with my grandmother and see what she wants to do.

I have to amend my previous comments. I think we've decided that after this trip we will no longer use Apple unless there is some drastic turnaround in our experience next week. I don't know what happened to Alex, but when he was the guy "in charge" (not sure what role he had) things got done right. Not so much anymore.

I have to amend my previous comments. I think we've decided that after this trip we will no longer use Apple unless there is some drastic turnaround in our experience next week. I don't know what happened to Alex, but when he was the guy "in charge" (not sure what role he had) things got done right. Not so much anymore.

I agree with you about Alex. All my troubles started when he was not there anymore. Hope you have a great trip!!

This is my experience. I have used Apple several times and are scheduled to use them in two weeks. I have always had good service from them. I recently called them to adjust my rental times ( my mistake) was treated very respectfully and resolved issue in a matter of minutes. I will say maybe last use my scooter was not the latest scooter off the truck but had no problem with usage for a 10 day stay. I also received a discount for being a repeat customer and was never in all our uses asked to post a review on any boards. I would not be comfortable to use them if they had asked that of me. I hope your experience with whomever you go with makes your disney time easier. pixiedust:

Does anyone have a general e-mail address for Apple Scooter? If so, could you PM it to me? I want to tell them exactly why I will not be using them again and the only e-mail addresses I have are direct to Alex and Kelvin. If anyone knows if Kelvin is still there, that knowledge would also work. Thanks!

I was considering maybe trying one if the preferred companies so that the scooter would be available when we arrive, but after reading several other posts, I will stick with Walker and the deep discount I get for being a platinum member over inconvenience (which it hasn't been too big of an inconvenience).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter