APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused, so I'm truly sorry if I ask questions that have been answered already!

We are going June 6-June 13. We have already booked & paid for our hotel (Royal Pacific.) We have already paid for our annual passes (the cheapest, I believe Power Pass.)

So, when the AP rates come out for June 6-13, if it's cheaper, we can just call the hotel and have them adjust it? Since we've paid in full for our hotel, do they refund us? If so, how?

Also, we didn't get travel insurance...can we still change to the AP rate if it's cheaper?

you can modify your room rate for the ap rate.
not a problem.
when asked for verification of the ap at the hotel, show it to them whenever you redeem the voucher.
any over payment will go on a credit towards any charge backs you do while there.
if there are none, your cc will be credited once you check out.

travel insurance is not required when you book a room.
you will not have any conflict with that.

if you booked a package, you would have a fee for a change to your reservation.

I thought I was watching this thread pretty closely, but apparently missed that AP rates were out for late May. I called and cheapest AP rates for our nights are PBH @ $294. per night. Much higher than I was hoping. I could get RPH with AAA rate @ $260. per night - still not great. Is there any chance more AP rooms will become available or did I miss my chance? With tickets and rooms, we are looking at around $1,200 for 2 nights. Might just have to stick with Disney the whole trip this time. o_O

I thought I was watching this thread pretty closely, but apparently missed that AP rates were out for late May. I called and cheapest AP rates for our nights are PBH @ $294. per night. Much higher than I was hoping. I could get RPH with AAA rate @ $260. per night - still not great. Is there any chance more AP rooms will become available or did I miss my chance? With tickets and rooms, we are looking at around $1,200 for 2 nights. Might just have to stick with Disney the whole trip this time. o_O

What are your dates? I just plugged in a date range of May 26 to June 3 for RPH using the APH rate and a rate of $209 came up for a 2 queen water view.....

book the room with the AAA rate,
if more ap rates become released to the public, you can call and modify your rate to the lower one.

What are your dates? I just plugged in a date range of May 26 to June 3 for RPH using the APH rate and a rate of $209 came up for a 2 queen water view.....

May 30 and 31st. I checked what you had done and you are correct, but narrowing it down for my actual dates it shoots back up. If I remember correctly, Universal isn't like Disney in that they will allow you to reserve a bunch of nights at the good rate and then cancel down to what you really need. Seems like they are pretty date specific, but I will look into it and thanks for checking for me. :flower3:

book the room with the AAA rate,
if more ap rates become released to the public, you can call and modify your rate to the lower one.

I think I will. Actually, after I looked at the numbers - booking with AAA discount and buying 2 + 1 through UCT instead of the Power Pass brings it to $850; not $1,200. And since my son will be almost 17 next summer, he might not want to go with me anymore anyway so the Power Pass may not be necessary.

May 30 and 31st. I checked what you had done and you are correct, but narrowing it down for my actual dates it shoots back up. If I remember correctly, Universal isn't like Disney in that they will allow you to reserve a bunch of nights at the good rate and then cancel down to what you really need. Seems like they are pretty date specific, but I will look into it and thanks for checking for me. :flower3:

Check out cheaptickets.com too and sign up for their emails to keep watch on discount codes. I booked a room for us at HRH with a 20% off code. You have to pay in full at the time of booking, but it's fully refundable if I have to cancel up to 3 days before we check in.

Check out cheaptickets.com too and sign up for their emails to keep watch on discount codes. I booked a room for us at HRH with a 20% off code. You have to pay in full at the time of booking, but it's fully refundable if I have to cancel up to 3 days before we check in.

Thanks for the info. I actually checked them last night when they were 10% off and this morning they are 20%. But, the AAA rate is still a little lower.

I just called to see if there were any passholder rates for our dates, June 4-8. I was told that if they weren't in the system now then they would not be offering any deals for that time-frame. I'm not sure I got the best information because the phone rep very much wanted to make a reservation for me and was annoyed when I stated I already had a SMSM rate.
I will be out of touch with civilization soon while chaperoning a scouting trip in the wilderness and hoped for an AP rate before I left civilization...
Does this sound right to those more experienced with UOR - that there will be no discounts offered because they aren't in the system already?

I booked through cheaptickets.Com with a 20% code back in December. It was better than the SMSM rate at that time. I did have to pay in full at the time of booking, but it's kind of nice having that part of the trip all paid off. I'm suspecting since APH rates appear to stop on June 4, high season must kick in. We check in the 5th.

ETA: I just got an email from Cheaptickets this morning. I changed my reservation and saved myself another $84. I had to make a second booking and PIF, but I'll just cancel my original booking which was made on the same credit card. 20% off code is Escape and is good this week.

Last edited:
Now that packages (not AP discounts) are out for HHN, does that indicate that there won't be summer APH rates at all?
Can anyone with UOR AP rate experience speak to the likelihood that AP rates might be available the first half of June beyond the current June 5?

FYI - they seemed to have lifted some of the blackout dates over spring break. If you weren't able to find and aph earlier, check again now.

Now that packages (not AP discounts) are out for HHN, does that indicate that there won't be summer APH rates at all?
Can anyone with UOR AP rate experience speak to the likelihood that AP rates might be available the first half of June beyond the current June 5?

i think they are doing that special hhn package to fill Cbay up early.
i don't think it will stop the ap rates for some of the dates for early and late summer.

could be that they are waiting to see what occupancy levels they could have in june.
if UO feels that rooms are not being booked fully, i can see them releasing AP rates for some of the early and late summer months.

keep checking for ap rates for the rest of this month and next.
wish you luck in grabbing a discount.

Just saw some APH rates for Portofino-not HR or RP for August. The stay more rates were still better than the APH. We're going Aug 22-Sept 2nd and the APH rates showed up for those dates, just a few minutes ago. I'm still doing better with my cheaptickets code.

Just saw some APH rates for Portofino-not HR or RP for August. The stay more rates were still better than the APH. We're going Aug 22-Sept 2nd and the APH rates showed up for those dates, just a few minutes ago. I'm still doing better with my cheaptickets code.
Same here, I'm looking at 8/19-22 and there was only PBH (no CL which is what we were looking for)

We are looking for beginning of August , and we need a large suite with a king and queen combo room . There are no AP rates at all for any rooms the beginning of August so far.
Hoping for a change, because we REALLY need the AP rate for one of those large suites to make this happen. Even with the AP rate the room we need is still about $700. per night ...............we will not be spending $1200 per night without the AP rate !
Come on AP rates !!!!

Just got October 11-13 at hard rock club level. Haven't seen a cheaptickets code that goes to October yet so this was the best I have found. Better than SMSM. Went from $381 to $324 a night.

I just got APH for Sept 23 at RPR club level for $314!!!! It wasn't there last night but was there this morning!!!

just changed our rate to APH

oct 15th - oct 16th (1 night) RPR water view $209+tax (2A+1C)

APH rates available until the end of october (at least)

just changed our rate to APH

oct 15th - oct 16th (1 night) RPR water view $209+tax (2A+1C)

APH rates available until the end of october (at least)

That's great. I tried for Oct 9-13 and got an APH rate of $234 water. Expected better, we had $204 a night standard in this month. We'll be going in mid-December instead (SMSM rate is $189 standard, so hoping for a better APH).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter