APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll be Blue level YouFirst after my May trip (1 nt Minion Suite before moving to WDW), and was looking at going back in Sept w/o the kids. It's the weekend before HHN starts so I should be able to get an upgrade right? I stayed at RP last time and will be at Portofino Bay soon. Which hotel is better for upgrades, assuming we get a standard King room?

blue level can get an upgrade if one is available at the time of check in.

at rpr, book standard garden view, free upgrade would be water view at blue level.

Well this new NO-APH discounts for this summer is a real downer for us, and a game changer! This is one of the main reasons we have AP's !
We had planned 4 days in a Portifino Parlor suite, with King AND queen bedrooms. Now because of the lack of APH discounts (which we were counting on) , we have now downgraded our stay to 2 nights at RPR in 2 standard rooms, instead of a large suite for 4 nights. Oh well, I guess we will be saving money now ! Now way are we paying rack rate for one of those high dollar suites.
Sad that Loews is not adding the AP rates for the summer , as we have always been used to budgeting knowing we would be getting the AP rates for some kind of room we would choose ............now nothing ???? Now we will be staying half the time and going back to Disney in a DVC villa instead !
Wouldn't even choose to stay on-site at Universal at all now due to the lack of AP rates, if it wasnt for the kids getting so used to the Express Pass benefits ! SO now we are down to 2 days in standard RPR rooms vs 4 days in a huge suite at Portifino .............Thanks Loews/Universal !!! :sad2:

How do you check on their web site for APH rates? Is it under code? Promotion? I can't seem to be able to find them

How do you check on their web site for APH rates? Is it under code? Promotion? I can't seem to be able to find them

Yes, you have to input APH in the code(if required) box when filling out the check availability tab. If nothing shows up, you are out of luck, and sometimes there are not even a lot of choices to be had for the APH discounts. Just have to try to get it as soon as they are released.

Well this new NO-APH discounts for this summer is a real downer for us, and a game changer! This is one of the main reasons we have AP's !
We had planned 4 days in a Portifino Parlor suite, with King AND queen bedrooms. Now because of the lack of APH discounts (which we were counting on) , we have now downgraded our stay to 2 nights at RPR in 2 standard rooms, instead of a large suite for 4 nights. Oh well, I guess we will be saving money now ! Now way are we paying rack rate for one of those high dollar suites.
Sad that Loews is not adding the AP rates for the summer , as we have always been used to budgeting knowing we would be getting the AP rates for some kind of room we would choose ............now nothing ???? Now we will be staying half the time and going back to Disney in a DVC villa instead !
Wouldn't even choose to stay on-site at Universal at all now due to the lack of AP rates, if it wasnt for the kids getting so used to the Express Pass benefits ! SO now we are down to 2 days in standard RPR rooms vs 4 days in a huge suite at Portifino .............Thanks Loews/Universal !!! :sad2:

Rates sometimes are released extremely late and we are still early this year. Even though it seems like they skipped right over the summer. Just keep checking and maybe they will release some.

As for the standard rooms at RPR they are not bad. Yes, the suite at PBH is nice but as a Platnium member I'm glad I don't have to pay for it.

Bumping, even though there probably won't be any new updates for a while!

Try cheaptickets.com. I saved 20% on a delux room at HRH. Got an email today with a code...Spring20

sorry, i didn't go back and read other than this page.

don't remember what date last year the AP rates were released for november.
the smsm might be covered for the year
do a dummy run on the darkside booking site and see if smsm shows up.

i'm sure you would be able to find it by using the search button in the hotel sections

I saw yesterday that some new rooms were released at the Portofino. I am looking for mid-August and there are now Bay View 2Q and King rooms available that were not before. I check every single morning, so with this new release I am hopeful that there will be more. I'm debating about staying at the HR since we haven't been in a while, but will go where the best deal is.

Thanks, @GrumpyInOH! I plugged dates into the Loews site and updated the first post to include 6/5-7/5 AP rates. The AP discounts for this time frame are currently only available at PBH.

Thanks for the heads up - I check my dates as well - Jun 27 to Jul 1. Didn't have the bay view room that we booked available for APH, but did have an upgrade to the deluxe room for less than our bay view rate. Saved about $300 and get a bigger room by the pools. More than enough to offset the one annual pass.

Just scored an APH rate for our June 19-22 stay. A few weeks ago I was told "not available", but checked website this afternoon and immediately called to re-book our stay. Snagged PBH Club Level for $399, down from $539. I only went on the site to look at downgrading our room to save money. The AP was going to borderline pay for itself, but now it's a no-brainer.

So keep checking if you don't get them at first!

Just checked for my November (10-15) dates. Not available yet. Still surprised that best rate at the 3 deluxes is at PBH at $249 with the SMSM rate. HRH is $256 SMSM and RPR is $277 for a standard room at seasonal rate.

Just saw some AP rates at both Royal Pacific (suites only, nothing in a regular room) and Hard Rock (Pool View Room) for our dates of June 9-11. So if you are traveling in summer and staying at RPR or HRH, you might check again to see if some AP rates have opened up in a category that you want!

Thanks for the info, @acpalmer!

I went through the dates on the Loews site and updated the first page to reflect what I found.
APH rates are currently available at all 4 hotels from now through June 30. There are still APH rates at PBH July 1-5.

Still learning about APH rates. I am hoping for Labor Day weekend for RPR. Any chance or are they all released already? PBH is available but we want RPR (another family is joining us there). RPR's rates are actually higher with APH than they are on the website regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter