APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with you. They at least need to stick to some kind of schedule so we can have an accurate idea of when to start checking for rates.

Still checking daily myself and still nothing after May 21. Sigh...

Hopefully June will go up soon.

I just scored an APH rate of $174 a night at RPR for June 1-5!!!! Been checking every day, and it finally popped up this morning. Didn't believe my eyes at first. Lol.

New rates are also up for CB and PB, but still just showing SMSM rates at HR.

I just scored an APH rate of $174 a night at RPR for June 1-5!!!! Been checking every day, and it finally popped up this morning. Didn't believe my eyes at first. Lol.

New rates are also up for CB and PB, but still just showing SMSM rates at HR.

I'm not seeing any AP rates for any of the hotels at all for June 5-9??? Seems they stopped at June 4. ARGGGGGG! Why would they only release just a few more weeks? Although, I think my cheap tickets rate for a 2 queen delux at HRH is going to be hard to beat.

Last edited:

Dang, was out all yesterday so missed the lowest rated rooms but was able to snag LRP waterview for APH rate of $204 on 6/2.

I'm not seeing any AP rates for any of the hotels at all for June 5-9??? Seems they stopped at June 4. ARGGGGGG! Why would they only release just a few more weeks? Although, I think my cheap tickets rate for a 2 queen delux at HRH is going to be hard to beat.

try calling a few times during the week as reservations would have that ap rate up before you see it on the website.
once that happens, the ap rate rooms could go quickly...

you won't get the same TM each time you call so don't be shy to spend more time on the phone to snag the AP when they are released.

if you find out that you booked with a better rate, you'll sleep better then.

I just called for Memorial Day weekend and there are no APH rates for that weekend, I see the $204 rate if I add it to the end of our trip instead of the beginning, but that doesn't really work for us.

try calling a few times during the week as reservations would have that ap rate up before you see it on the website.
once that happens, the ap rate rooms could go quickly...

you won't get the same TM each time you call so don't be shy to spend more time on the phone to snag the AP when they are released.

if you find out that you booked with a better rate, you'll sleep better then.

Thanks. I called. Nothing yet. I'll try again tomorrow :)

Thanks to everyone for reporting their findings! I updated the first post. :thanks:

Anyone else waiting for August? We need to decide where we are staying before the rates come out. HR is tempting with the new rooms, but we do love the Portofino. Been staying at RP last couple of one-nighters due to price so we won't stay there unless the rates are really cheap. We need 2 rooms so cost might make the difference.

Is there any benefit or need to book a room at non-Annual Pass rates while waiting for the AP rates to appear? We are staying in late September

Is there any benefit or need to book a room at non-Annual Pass rates while waiting for the AP rates to appear? We are staying in late September

if it were me, i would book at the general public discount rate now and modify your rate when the AP rates come out.
any money you over pay would be credited to your account so you don't lose any of it.

hhn will begin the end of september and that hard ticket event can fill up a lot of rooms.
hrh only has 650 rooms and they go fast.
people that attend hhn book early to make sure they are set with a room.

and, the standard rooms go first usually for those that do hhn and want to cut some corners on savings/budgeting for a lower cost room.
i go yearly in early october and book a suite in advance.
i like having the extra living room and i go solo......
i just like having a lot of space

i booked november 1st last year and all set now.
i'm just waiting for the AP rates to be released so i can call to have my rate adjusted on my reservation.
AP and AAA rated rooms go quickly.

the benefit to book early makes it possible for you to have the room type and hotel of our choice.

i have read posts that said they waited for the ap rate to be released for their dates but when they called to book a certain room type or hotel, the AP rates had already filled up.
that is the main reason that i book in advance and not wait until they are released.
i already have the SMSM discounted rate in case there is a run on the rooms and i can't get the better ap room rate.

if it were me, i would book at the general public discount rate now and modify your rate when the AP rates come out.

Thanks for that, good advice. Just to check, we can call them and they will apply the AP rate (once released) to an already booked (and paid for) room?

Regards

Thanks for that, good advice. Just to check, we can call them and they will apply the AP rate (once released) to an already booked (and paid for) room?

Regards

Yes, as long as your exact dates and room time are avalible at time of modification.

Most of us book the room no matter the cost. Then keep checking daily. If nothing comes up a week before then you can make the desision then to cancel and get your money back or just go as planned.

when you call to adjust the rate to AP, do you need to have an active AP ?

I have purchased a preferred AP at the beginning of the month, and I received it (fedex) but I won't be able to activate it until october.
So, I'm tempted to book to lock the room, but will the TMs give me any trouble when I call with an inactive AP ?
I'm asking because I tried to register my AP online and it says my AP is expired ... :sad2: I think that's probably because it's not active yet.
Could anyone advise ?
thanks

when you call to adjust the rate to AP, do you need to have an active AP ?

You do not need to have an active AP when you book the room. The resort may or may not ask to see the AP when you check in. As long as you can show them an active AP during your stay, you will be fine.

I'm so confused, so I'm truly sorry if I ask questions that have been answered already!

We are going June 6-June 13. We have already booked & paid for our hotel (Royal Pacific.) We have already paid for our annual passes (the cheapest, I believe Power Pass.)

So, when the AP rates come out for June 6-13, if it's cheaper, we can just call the hotel and have them adjust it? Since we've paid in full for our hotel, do they refund us? If so, how?

Also, we didn't get travel insurance...can we still change to the AP rate if it's cheaper?

Thanks (and sorry again) :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter