APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it can vary.

when one of the hotels starts to sell out on days, don't expect many discounts for that time period.

do check the site regularly, as hotel prices can and do change.

if blocks of hotel rooms are released back to the public, the hotel will move them so they can fill them.

one time i had a reservation made 9 months out.
10 days before my arrival date, aph rate dropped.
modified my room rate and saved a lot of money.

Any difference in the APH and Florida res rates? Both $ amounts of discount and when they get released? We are going in December and are eligible for both, I was just wandering which is usually first or better.

Any difference in the APH and Florida res rates? Both $ amounts of discount and when they get released? We are going in December and are eligible for both, I was just wandering which is usually first or better.

Both rates are basically the same thing.

Just an update: Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay both have AP rates for my stay from 7/20-7/22. RPR only has king rooms, right now, though.

Yep, just booked RPR for 6 days $239 garden king but with platinum I get the king suite. :yay:

Thanks, @Jmariab64! I checked the Loews site and found that they've filled in most of the missing dates. I updated the first post.

Just booked the PBH for fourth of july weekend for $269/n on a florida resident rate. SCORE!
2 queen garden view - which is fine with me!

Reactions: HM
When Should I start looking for December APH rates, ?

We are OUT this summer .

Due to the lack of AP rates for the room type we really wanted in August (PBR Suite) . We are not willing to downgrade and pay lots more money for it. Lack of EVER offering Universal AP rates at Loews for our time frame has altered our vacation plan !
For the cost of our rooms ONLY at Universal (2 connecting RPR STANDARD rooms for 2 nights) , we are replacing it with a 2 bedroom Suite at Hilton Grand Sea World for 2 nights , and doing Discovery cove , Sea World and Aquatica for the same price as the rooms ALONE at RPR ! Yes, our thats the whole cost for 6 people going to Discovery Cove , Sea World and Aquatica AND a 2 bedroom Suite at Hilton Grand ............is about the same cost as the rooms alone at RPR Universal !

Sorry, Universal ...........AP holders we are no longer !

We just booked 2 rooms at the HRH for Labor Day weekend and got the APH rate. Both rooms for 3 nights total was $1377.

OK ..................well isn't this special . I see Universal just released a bunch of AP rates for the summer months .............finally .
Hope it will help someone ..........cause it wont help us now as seen from my post above from a few days ago .
We literally completely changed our plans for the summer because the Universal AP rates were never released for the summer months this year , and we couldn't wait much longer to come up with a plan "B" .
So we are about 6 weeks away from our vacation ...........and NOW, universal releases the AP rates ???? WTH !!! :sad2::mad::confused:

Of coarse, the PBR suite we wanted has a great rate ...........NOW, after we just changed our plans days ago ! Thanks again Universal !
Oh well , plans are made and we are actually happier about our change of plans ........kids included !

OK ..................well isn't this special . I see Universal just released a bunch of AP rates for the summer months .............finally .
Hope it will help someone ..........cause it wont help us now as seen from my post above from a few days ago .
We literally completely changed our plans for the summer because the Universal AP rates were never released for the summer months this year , and we couldn't wait much longer to come up with a plan "B" .
So we are about 6 weeks away from our vacation ...........and NOW, universal releases the AP rates ???? WTH !!! :sad2::mad::confused:

Of coarse, the PBR suite we wanted has a great rate ...........NOW, after we just changed our plans days ago ! Thanks again Universal !
Oh well , plans are made and we are actually happier about our change of plans ........kids included !

They release discounts when they are trying to fill rooms. There is no guarantee that they will release discounts especially during busy times.

Just look at cruise prices, busy more expensive, slow great deals.

They release discounts when they are trying to fill rooms. There is no guarantee that they will release discounts especially during busy times.

Just look at cruise prices, busy more expensive, slow great deals.

I know ........guess I am just bitter about this. In all the years we have been going (have stayed at all of the deluxe Universal/ Loews resorts) and AP holders, we have NEVER run into a situation when we have not had an AP rate for our time frame in August. It was always released early, and easy to plan ahead . This year, I waited until 6 weeks before our trip, and only then had to make a change of plans because the AP rates were not yet released . Finally had to switch gears, and right after we did ........wham, the AP rates came out ! Of coarse the PBR suite we wanted has a great AP rate too !
Should have waited , but still excited about our change of plans .
May have to drop by Universal in October with our AP's !

So I just took a look at the APH rate for the night of Aug 5 and is it just me or is there not actually a discount for RPR? The rate with the discount is $328.80 and without it it's $329. Is the discount really only $0.20? That just seems strange. Do you think that should have been 20% and someone on the website coded it wrong? The discounted rates aren't showing up on Annual Passholder Hotel Benefits page yet for Aug 2-15.

So I just took a look at the APH rate for the night of Aug 5 and is it just me or is there not actually a discount for RPR? The rate with the discount is $328.80 and without it it's $329. Is the discount really only $0.20? That just seems strange. Do you think that should have been 20% and someone on the website coded it wrong? The discounted rates aren't showing up on Annual Passholder Hotel Benefits page yet for Aug 2-15.

The APH room at that price is a King Suite. Doesn't look like there are any regular rooms left at the APH rate. The other room without the APH rate is a regular double queen/king room.

The APH room at that price is a King Suite. Doesn't look like there are any regular rooms left at the APH rate. The other room without the APH rate is a regular double queen/king room.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Booked a double queen bay view room for the 12th August when they came out a week or so ago, just noticed they've released the garden view room so rebooked and saved myself nearly $50 - well worth the messing about. Worth re-checking what's available every now and then

FYI, this evening I was able to get the AP rate for Nov. 6-8 standard room at Royal Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter