AP Discount

I called again this morning to see when they expect the discount to come out, and I was told late August, beginning of September.

my trust in CMs is gone. I used to think they were in the know in advance, but they are speculating like the rest of us :(

I thought it would be today, but the GP discount expires this Friday, so MAYBE Tuesday the 12th?

my trust in CMs is gone. I used to think they were in the know in advance, but they are speculating like the rest of us :( I thought it would be today, but the GP discount expires this Friday, so MAYBE Tuesday the 12th?

It's crazy how each CM gives different answers! We can only watch and wait. At least we're all here to keep each other updated!!

Hi all--- it has been a few years (2012) since I have been at WDW and lots of changes have occurred. I have a couple of questions...

Can I still take a 4 day pass and upgrade it to an annual pass at the gate (pay the price difference)before its 1st use? My dh is going with a youth group in December and we are going as a family next summer...

Annual pass discounts this summer were the same as GP ones? except for the memory makers bonus... am I reading this right?

Does anyone/did anyone get an AP price for a room this August at the WL or POR? I am trying to get a sense of price to budget....

TIA.... Jill

Can I still take a 4 day pass and upgrade it to an annual pass at the gate (pay the price difference)before its 1st use? My dh is going with a youth group in December and we are going as a family next sum

TIA.... Jill

We upgraded our six days passes to annual passes AFTER we used them at least once.

I can not believe the AP rates are not out yet!! We are here right now at CBR on a fabulous AP rate though so no complaints! And I am very glad that I have our F&W trips booked on BB offers right now and rented DVC points or I would be having major anxiety about getting a room where I want.

So, we are probably waiting for next week.....and I agree - it is so hard waiting as the time for our vacation draws close. When it is less than 60 days you have to fear for your FP+, if you alter your current ressies to the AP discount.

Every Annual Pass discount that was released this year was released on a Tuesday (I checked mouse misers) in the past, it's been Tuesdays or Thursdays. I know last year some were released on a Thursday.

The free dining promo and the GP discount expire this Friday. I'm really hoping that without those discounts available they will release the Annual Pass discount. Maybe even tomorrow if they want to release it on a Thursday (the day before the expiration) but I'm hoping for Tuesday the 12th.

The past 2 years this specific promo was released the first Tuesday of September which cuts it really close for me, but what am I going to do? At least I have hope until September 2nd that it will be here. This year compared to last year, all promos are being released weeks before (GP, Free Dining) so hoping the trend continues with the Annual Pass promo and we see it tomorrow or the 12th.

It's really frustrating, i'm just glad i'm not the only one questioning this process this year. With MyMagic+ allowing people to book FP 60 days out of their resort reservation, its unfair to release these rates less than 60 days before the start date.

I'm debating a trip sometime in october but not without an AP discount. Hoping they'll come out soon as I don't want to book too close to arrival day. Good luck to everyone else waiting! :)

I thought I looked on Mouse Savers and last year, the fall AP discount was released on Sept 9th

I thought I looked on Mouse Savers and last year, the fall AP discount was released on Sept 9th

I was looking at this line on mousesavers:

9/27/13-12/24/13 20%-35% off Annual Passholder room-only rates 9/3/13, exp 12/24/13

Found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

and then this was last years blog post at mouse misers which was posted 9/3 as well.

http://www.mousemisers.com/2013/2013-september-december-annual-passholder-discounts/

Still hoping its sooner!! Im so impatient, and I keep checking like a madwoman to make sure AKL Pool View is not booked up (I have a room only under the GP discount, but REALLY want the dining plan)

My bet is for 9/2/2014. In 2012, it was 8/28 and in 2013, it was 9/3. Those were both Tuesdays.

I have a GP discount, but I'd really like to get an AP discount at a Villa where I can't find availability for the GP discount. I'll be happy to go no matter, but it would be great to be where I really want to be.

I so hear you.. Every year I think the same thing, with all the money we pay for our AP you would think our discounts would come out earlier? I end up every year going with the GP discount because the rooms sell out so fast and their discounts come out way before the AP discounts do.. I know they hold some back for the AP holders but it can't be alot because they are gone by the time they let the AP discount out, at least with the rooms I have tried for. I might be re-thinking my AP for next year..
:confused3

C'mon, Chatty !! You know you won't give up that pass !!! heehee!!!

Just an FYI, when I log into MDE, free dining and the summer GP discount end Sept 12 and the late fall GP discount ends Oct 31.

So weird! Free dining and the GP discount that goes until October 3rd shows August 8th for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter