Anyone watching Whodunit?

Enjoying this show-- totally cheesy but definitely some light summer fun.
An interview with the producer was linked in the article that someone listed above --Apparently the contestant that is the killer doesn't even know what is going on so I think it will be very difficult to guess who it is. They aren't intentionally doing anything to help or hurt the others.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/whodunnit/2013_Jul_14_zuiker-interview

Very interesting!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! I thought the killer knew he or she was the killer! Cool!

They should have put more of the rules out during the first episode, it would have been easier to follow. I also thought that they were acting quite a bit, but I guess not...

So, the murderer doesn't even know s/he is the murderer? Well, no wonder we (and the contestants) can't figure it out.

I watched 2 episodes and have lost interest. The acting is terrible.

My daughters and I laugh over how bad the acting is! I think the word of the night last night was 'significant', I'm not sure how many times they all said that!!!
The picking up the chair to protect them, cracked me up! :lmao: Did he think he was a lion tamer??? :rotfl2:

So, the murderer doesn't even know s/he is the murderer? Well, no wonder we (and the contestants) can't figure it out.

When I first read the article I thought the contestant didn't know they are the killer but in rereading it before I posted last night, I think they know they are the killer, but they aren't actually doing "the killing" and have no information on how it happened. They are investigating and guessing just like everyone else. They only advantage they have is in knowing that they are the one designated as the killer.

But I do think it makes it harder for us to guess (and them) when the person that is the killer isn't actually involved. I wondered why they weren't trying to figure out the whereabouts of each other when they were investigating.

When I first read the article I thought the contestant didn't know they are the killer but in rereading it before I posted last night, I think they know they are the killer, but they aren't actually doing "the killing" and have no information on how it happened. They are investigating and guessing just like everyone else. They only advantage they have is in knowing that they are the one designated as the killer.

But I do think it makes it harder for us to guess (and them) when the person that is the killer isn't actually involved. I wondered why they weren't trying to figure out the whereabouts of each other when they were investigating.

OK. Thanks for responding. I guess that makes sense.

But, now I'm wondering how the Killer would be eligible for the prize money at the end. If no one guesses them? What do you think?

I love this show but feel is probably one of the most poorly executed reality tv shows I ever seen. It just seems so scripted and fake. If you were possibly going to be the next victim would you be so quick to just go cook a steak or go downstairs by yourself and have cereal. Then run away from the property like a mad woman. :rotfl2:

I love this show but feel is probably one of the most poorly executed reality tv shows I ever seen. It just seems so scripted and fake. If you were possibly going to be the next victim would you be so quick to just go cook a steak or go downstairs by yourself and have cereal. Then run away from the property like a mad woman. :rotfl2:

I just assumed that when said contestant went to the kitchen to make his steak, he already knew that was his death scene. The producers spoke to him that night and told him that he was the next to die and what he needed to do to fulfill his part in the game ie: his death scene. I don't think he strolled into the kitchen without a clue. Same with all the other contestants who have "died". The producers come to them, say hey, it's your time, so here's what we need you to do. In the morning your steak won't be cooked fully, so we need you to get up and go to the kitchen and act like you are going to cook it. Or, in the morning we need you to film a scene where you are eating a bowl of cereal, then you are going to run outside, jump into the golf cart at the bottom of the steps and you're going to get blown up. Act crazy and scared and we'll do the rest. :confused3

I just assumed that when said contestant went to the kitchen to make his steak, he already knew that was his death scene. The producers spoke to him that night and told him that he was the next to die and what he needed to do to fulfill his part in the game ie: his death scene. I don't think he strolled into the kitchen without a clue. Same with all the other contestants who have "died". The producers come to them, say hey, it's your time, so here's what we need you to do. In the morning your steak won't be cooked fully, so we need you to get up and go to the kitchen and act like you are going to cook it. Or, in the morning we need you to film a scene where you are eating a bowl of cereal, then you are going to run outside, jump into the golf cart at the bottom of the steps and you're going to get blown up. Act crazy and scared and we'll do the rest. :confused3

That's what I thought too. I haven't read through this thread in a while, but I'd be surprised if it was handled any other way.

I've lost interest too. I'll probably check in after the show finishes to see who was the killer, but other than that I'm done. It's too campy and some of the contestants are annoying to watch/listen too. They're so whinny! *cough*...Lindsay....*cough* I was hoping she would get killed off, but I can't take it anymore.

I wish they would add an aspect from Murder in Small Town X that I thought was such a brilliant wrinkle. Each episode finished much the same way Whodunnit ends, with 2 people eligible to be "killed off".

But on top of that, if any contestant was alone, while out in the field, the killer could "murder" them as well.

Imagine the next time that Lindsay was all alone snooping, on the other side of a door, and then she gets whacked by the Whodunnit Killer. You would then see a whole new dynamic to the team work and control of info.

That's what I thought too. Like it was pretty obvious Don was going to die but they probably have something in their contracts saying when it's time to "die" they have to go along with it. Otherwise it would ruin the whole show.

I wish they would add an aspect from Murder in Small Town X that I thought was such a brilliant wrinkle. Each episode finished much the same way Whodunnit ends, with 2 people eligible to be "killed off".

But on top of that, if any contestant was alone, while out in the field, the killer could "murder" them as well.

I never realized that was another rule/situation on Murder in Small Town X. That would be an interesting way to mix up Whodunnit. When the first girl got killed off of Whodunnit for "breaking her glass", I thought there was going to be more of that kind of thing. (picking off members for little or no reason)

Imagine the next time that Lindsay was all alone snooping, on the other side of a door, and then she gets whacked by the Whodunnit Killer. You would then see a whole new dynamic to the team work and control of info.

I so would continued to watch if that would have happened ;)

I'm still on the Cam as killer train.

So we have three 'Scared' contestants and then two get whacked. I can't wait to find out what kills them and leaves them sitting and standing like wax statues.

And then there are wax statues of all the contestants? Next week will be interesting.

I think it is Melina. Pretty much no one has suspected her.

When the scared cards came up I told DH I would be happy with either of those 2 women going-- so glad it is both of them!
Next week looks creepy!

Who was it who said they wanted Sasha to be next? When they are in the stable alone with the camera saying how the murder happened. I thought Cam but I'm not sure if I'm remembering right.

Next week's episode looks really interesting. My husband is convinced that Chris is the killer, and he's starting to convince me too, but I had hoped it was Ronnie.

I am ready for Lindsey and Kam to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter