• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use mPoints/mPlaces apps?

After reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded the mPlaces app & looked more into mPoints. I'm currently a stay at home mom with no car (my husband works odd hours & has the car most days). So, check ins aren't happening on a regular basis, but I have racked up lots of points on the few days that I have gone out to run errands. I've also been playing with some of the other mPoints apps. There seem to be a lot of apps that earn mPoints, but not all of them are worth the time & space on my phone. I have found several that are easy earners or games that I actually enjoy playing. Have any of you tried any of the other apps? Any recommendations? Here are the ones I'm currently playing with.

• mPlaces
  • Word Search (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • Foxy Jump (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • Foxy Quest (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • Cats 2048 (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • 2048 (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • Rotate Me! (fun/easy time wasting game)
  • ScanLife (get points for scanning barcodes...easy points to scan things laying around the house)
  • PGA Tour (they had a bonus game going on this one for a while that made several hundred points per day. It's much less now, but still easy points)
  • Bone Counter Free (domino adding app...get points for hitting a couple of buttons. Takes about a minute to get around 100 points)
  • Light da Fuse (fireworks...not sure the point of this one, but another one that will give around 100 points in about a minute)
  • Daily Puppy (I'm still trying to figure out how to get most of the achievements to work on this one, but the ones I can get to work give around 50 points in about a minute)
Also, the mPoints website (https://m.sessionm.com/) has had bonus videos for 15 points each the last couple of days....some even credited 25 points rather than 15.

Between the achievement points, level up bonus points & random bonus points, I'm getting enough points to cash in for the $1 & $2 Amazon gift cards as soon as they are available each week & stocking up the extra points to spend on a $5 gift card when I have enough. I go for the smaller denominations because it is only 2000 for $1 where the larger denominations are 2500 per $1. Since I can combine my Amazon points in my account, I cash out as soon as I'm able because that is more fun for me. I imagine some would rather see their points stack up! I have already cashed in for my $3 this week & currently have almost 7000 points. So, not a huge earner, but it does add up! I haven't seen the smaller denominations for Target...just $5+ so if you earning Target cards to get Disney cards, it may take a little longer to earn since you don't get the 500 point discount each week.

All that to say that mPlaces seems to be the highest earner that I've found (I get the random gift boxes throughout the day!), but thought I'd share the other apps I've tried in case there are others like me who have some down time on their hands at home, but aren't able to go out to get check in points.

Has anyone tried any other apps & found them worth the time?

Loralei, thanks for sharing your findings! I'm sort of the opposite--I don't have time to play games but I'm getting really good at checking in for points. I was going to stop using this app but then I began to get pretty good at figuring out how to maximize things and I figured out that I get about $25-30 a month, which is very cool!! Or I should say I *should* get that much in a month once I reach that point. I've only just started doing well this last couple of weeks. I have 2 prime spots, very near where I pick up my kids from school, so twice a day I go there and check in. One is right next to Target so the bonus is that I'm hooked up to their wifi :) I've learned which places near me earn the best money and am lucky that they're all close to one another and on my route. I've also been getting good bonuses this week; I will get a bonus video followed by a coupon and a store locator, or a big survey etc. I am now picky about checking in at places that only give me coins, as I can make more if they have good bonus ads. Some, like Staples, will have bonus ads one time and not another. Anything that takes me to Cricket or ATT or LensCrafter ads makes me happy.

I also must live in a place where there are few other users of this app because I get tons of those prize packages.

After reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded the mPlaces app & looked more into mPoints. I'm currently a stay at home mom with no car (my husband works odd hours & has the car most days). So, check ins aren't happening on a regular basis, but I have racked up lots of points on the few days that I have gone out to run errands. I've also been playing with some of the other mPoints apps. There seem to be a lot of apps that earn mPoints, but not all of them are worth the time & space on my phone. I have found several that are easy earners or games that I actually enjoy playing. Have any of you tried any of the other apps? Any recommendations? Here are the ones I'm currently playing with.

• mPlaces
  • ScanLife (get points for scanning barcodes...easy points to scan things laying around the house)
  • PGA Tour (they had a bonus game going on this one for a while that made several hundred points per day. It's much less now, but still easy points)
  • Bone Counter Free (domino adding app...get points for hitting a couple of buttons. Takes about a minute to get around 100 points)
  • Light da Fuse (fireworks...not sure the point of this one, but another one that will give around 100 points in about a minute)
  • Daily Puppy (I'm still trying to figure out how to get most of the achievements to work on this one, but the ones I can get to work give around 50 points in about a minute)
Also, the mPoints website (https://m.sessionm.com/) has had bonus videos for 15 points each the last couple of days....some even credited 25 points rather than 15.

Between the achievement points, level up bonus points & random bonus points, I'm getting enough points to cash in for the $1 & $2 Amazon gift cards as soon as they are available each week & stocking up the extra points to spend on a $5 gift card when I have enough. I go for the smaller denominations because it is only 2000 for $1 where the larger denominations are 2500 per $1. Since I can combine my Amazon points in my account, I cash out as soon as I'm able because that is more fun for me. I imagine some would rather see their points stack up! I have already cashed in for my $3 this week & currently have almost 7000 points. So, not a huge earner, but it does add up! I haven't seen the smaller denominations for Target...just $5+ so if you earning Target cards to get Disney cards, it may take a little longer to earn since you don't get the 500 point discount each week.

All that to say that mPlaces seems to be the highest earner that I've found (I get the random gift boxes throughout the day!), but thought I'd share the other apps I've tried in case there are others like me who have some down time on their hands at home, but aren't able to go out to get check in points.

Wow, great run-down of the games! :thumbsup2 I didn't realize 2048 was an mPoints game. I haven't played any of the others. I did download Office Jerk. I earn 15-20 points before I get tired of hitting that poor guy with a stapler (or flour, pie, etc..) :duck:

DizMe...way to go on finding the good check-in spots that you can hit daily! There is one shopping center here that has Target, ATT, Verizon, Cricket & Staples all from the same parking lot. I went to Target one day last week & was able to get all of them & their bonuses & then went shopping for an hour & came out & they were all available again. I was able to get 25 check-ins for the first time & most of them were 50 or more plus bonus. That was a good day! But I haven't been back out since then.

Narnia_girl, I hadn't heard of 2048 before this...it's one that I actually enjoy playing even after I get my points for the day. That's why I have both the normal version as well as the cat version. I imagine it will get old, but for now it's kind of addictive.

• mPlaces

Wow, you are awesome!! You've really been checking it out! I'm not into playing games, but I'm definitely going to try ScanLife. I use Shopkicks as well and like the scanning stuff for points apps, so I'll definitely use that. Thanks for the tip!

I don't really venture out too much after work, but I do have a handful of places I can check into from work. I can get to the 25 check ins a day, but unfortunately they are usually only 10 coins. When I first got the app a few weeks ago, Starbucks and Subway were 50 coins so that was nice. They stopped that. The last couple days Rite Aid was 75 plus a bonus add of 30, then a go to the website for 15, so I was hitting that up every hour.

I figure I'll be able to get a $10 gift card (with a little leftover) each month. Not huge, but it only takes me a minute or two every hour at work to earn the coins.

With scanlife do you only get points for buying products through shopping with it? Or do you get them just for scanning specific products?

I hear people talking about bonuses, what are these? I don't think I have seen anything with a bonus.

Also does anyone have a list of where you can check in & what the values are?

I only know:

AT&T - 75
Verizon - 50
Staples - 30?
Walmart - 30
Dennys - 50?
GameStop - 30
RadioShack/Electronic Store - 50

Patrick, with ScanLife you don't have to buy anything...or scan specific products. The achievements are just for scanning barcodes & QR codes. I've just scanned random things around my house. It shows the best price it finds online for that item.

disneychrista, bonus points are given for interacting with ads that randomly pop up after collecting achieved points. For example...check in at AT&T for 75 points & then sometimes an add comes up that shows +30. When you click on it, you get 30 bonus points.

Hmm,
It must be regional I'm in the southern state.

AT&T = 75
T-Mobile=50
Office Depot= 50
Cricket=100
Target=50
I hear people talking about bonuses, what are these? I don't think I have seen anything with a bonus.

Also does anyone have a list of where you can check in & what the values are?

I only know:

AT&T - 75
Verizon - 50
Staples - 30?
Walmart - 30
Dennys - 50?
GameStop - 30
RadioShack/Electronic Store - 50

Maybe it is regional
T-Mobile =50
Office Depot=50
Target=50
Old Navy =100
Cricket wireless=100
Walmart, GameStop, radio shac=10 for me here in Ga.
Best buy=50

Sorry the app is spazzing on me!!

DH and I downloaded mplaces in mid-April. At first we just did check-ins and got $5 in about a month. But then at the end of May we downloaded some other apps and do more stragetic checkins when we are out and about anyway. And now I get $8 in Amazon a week. The $5, $2, and $1 re-set every 6 or 7 days. This week I got a $10 one, but I skipped the $2 one this week. We put the Amazon money in one account and are saving up for an Ipad!

The apps I use are ones you just hit the button the top right to read quotes or jokes and they get you points. You can post to twitter and FB for more points. I max out on points each day in the apps. DH is more of the game player.

Also you can tweet from the main page of each app once to twice a day for 10 coins each time! Logging in gets 5 coins, logging in for 7 days gets 25 coins.

Once you get one it’s easy to find the others from the menus in the app.

Pocket Cheerleader it’s a green exclamation point

Laughing My App Off it’s an orange smiley face

Facts, blue lightbulb

Nextrack is an exercise tracker—logging your weight and 3 activities a day is easy

Women Empowerment is a purple icon with a crown. It’s got quotes about famous women

Punch Card tracks receipts and give coins

Motivation black with white circle and quote marks

Then these don’t have as many coins, but I have room on my phone anyway and I can tweet each day and still get some coins

Daily Love red heart with quote marks inside

Thankful gold icon with a gold circle

Flip Da Coin

TapdaCookie

NamedaState

Yesterday GameStop gave +75 in the AM, +30 in the afternoon and then today +10 both times I have tried.

Do you try to re-start the Mplaces app? that helps. I have noticed Gamestop being 10, but then 30. we have one right near at ATT and if I just do the other one fist if it's not 30. Plus that 30 pop up makes it 60!

I have also found with Verizon it changes. One second it will be 50 and next it will be 10. Now it's either 30 or 50. It's right near our house.
T-Mobile does the same. but the 30 gets a pop up usually and the 50 doesn't. so 30 will get more most of the time.

Right now Enterprise car rental is 75 and so is another car place right near our house. we just noticed randomly last week. National car rental is giving 75 and 30 pop up.

Also Nationwide Insurance here is 75 and there is one by us and the CVS which is 30 and a 30 pop up.

The car and insurance are getting 25 AT&T pop ups.

Old Navy was 100 yesterday so we got it twice since we ate near there.

Last edited:
It can certainly be unpredictable! I can open the drop-down box of nearby check-ins and see Game Stop at 30, but a few seconds later it will be 10 and then back to 30 if I refresh.

I'm liking the 100 Old Navy + bonus ad. I only get 30 for Cricket and it stopped giving me bonus ads, but Staples earns 50 coins and gives me a Cricket bonus ad :rolleyes:

National car rental is giving 75 and 30 pop up

I added that to the above, but it's weird how it gives AT&T popups

DH really likes doing it and I like we make money although sometimes it may cost more gas, but really we only go a little out of the way when we go places and usually we know ahead so we can map it out.
I need go collect all my app points. I maxed out already so they stop giving points, just need to go collect them.
Sadly I forgot to log my Nextrack workouts today and did no receipts either for Punchcard. I usually try to do those first.
I don't think they really ever check Punchcard receipts. But it's important to do them first since after your maxed out you get no points.

We have and old Office Max by our house and it closed last year but Mplaces still thinks it's there! Also sometimes there will be 2 T-Mobiles, like one may be in Walmart and the other across the parking lot I guess.

We also have an Apple store with a Bose store and 2 T-Mobiles and an At&T and a Version all in the same mall parking lot! DH loves going there. It's near that Old Navy so we really racked up that night.

Exxon Mobil is also been 75 points this week with some ads after it.

My apps are
mPlaces
Weather Chanel
Punchcard
ScanLife
Color Crush
The Price is Right Bingo

CBS Website - New Articles and Radio Stations
I've been able to earn just over 12,000 point in 6 days.

I'm seeing the same thing with the amount of points given changing throughout the day. T-Mobile/Sprint is 50, then 30 a few minutes later, then back to 50.

I also noticed that shutting off my GPS often gives me a wider range of places to check into. For example, when at home with GPS on I get get only a nearby golf course. With GPS off (and using a 4G connection), I can get about a dozen business on the nearby main street.

Oddly, if my friend (who uses an iPhone) shuts off his GPS, his mPlaces app automatically closes. Perhaps it's just an Android thing?

Huh! I'm going to try shutting off my location and see what happens. I tried it from my house, but nothing would load. That's probably not surprising since I live up in a canyon, though.

I can't seem to make sense out of the bonus ads. I will get them consistently for a place and then I don't get them, or they'll come up in the morning for that place but not later in the day. I almost always get ATT bonus ads and then suddenly I won't get it. For some reason, I get 2 ATT check-ins from the same location, though one is listed as being next door. I also noticed, as someone else pointed out, that I get check-ins for businesses that are no longer there. Overall, I'm loving this app because it's very convenient for my schedule. I have enough for a $10 Target card now plus about 5000 pts so I might just go up to the next level before cashing out. Working on Disney money!

Thanks so much to the OP for calling this to my attention!! Since I began, I've cashed out 4 $5 Starbucks cards and have over 30,000 pts right now :) I figure I can get enough points for $40 in Target cards in 2 month's time, with enough left over for some Starbucks :) By the time I go to Disneyland in Dec, I may have an extra $50 Disney GC and some SB money. Yay!

Huh! I'm going to try shutting off my location and see what happens. I tried it from my house, but nothing would load. That's probably not surprising since I live up in a canyon, though.

I can't seem to make sense out of the bonus ads. I will get them consistently for a place and then I don't get them, or they'll come up in the morning for that place but not later in the day. I almost always get ATT bonus ads and then suddenly I won't get it. For some reason, I get 2 ATT check-ins from the same location, though one is listed as being next door. I also noticed, as someone else pointed out, that I get check-ins for businesses that are no longer there. Overall, I'm loving this app because it's very convenient for my schedule. I have enough for a $10 Target card now plus about 5000 pts so I might just go up to the next level before cashing out. Working on Disney money!

Thanks so much to the OP for calling this to my attention!! Since I began, I've cashed out 4 $5 Starbucks cards and have over 30,000 pts right now :) I figure I can get enough points for $40 in Target cards in 2 month's time, with enough left over for some Starbucks :) By the time I go to Disneyland in Dec, I may have an extra $50 Disney GC and some SB money. Yay!

That's awesome! You're doing better than I am! I've cashed out for $10 in Target gift cards so far. I don't have a lot of high value check-ins near me though. The ones I can check into at work are only 10 pointers. But I'm not complaining, it's still free money! I really sort of enjoy the app anyways. It's fun "playing the game" to see where I can get check-ins at!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter