Anyone use mPoints/mPlaces apps?

That's awesome! You're doing better than I am! I've cashed out for $10 in Target gift cards so far. I don't have a lot of high value check-ins near me though. The ones I can check into at work are only 10 pointers. But I'm not complaining, it's still free money! I really sort of enjoy the app anyways. It's fun "playing the game" to see where I can get check-ins at!
Hey, it's free money for sure! I'm lucky that in my town, most of the high point earners (so far!) have been clustered near each other, right next to where I drop my kids off at school. That means I can hit them up twice a day and get my 25 check-ins with nothing less than 30 coins. It IS fun! I'm like you...I like figuring out which check-ins give me the most bang for the buck :)

Is there any way to earn points from the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ad? I get this one multiple times a day. It says "interact" which I've done a couple of times (matching game) ) but it appears there is no benefit to this?

Is there any way to earn points from the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ad? I get this one multiple times a day. It says "interact" which I've done a couple of times (matching game) ) but it appears there is no benefit to this?

I got points the first time I played the matching game, after that I didn't get any points, so I stopped playing.

This one and the Nabisco one keeps popping up I will play it the first time and then after that I just skip out.

Has anyone sent a picture of their Hidden Valley Ranch recipe for 1000 pts? I can't figure out how to do it. Whenever I'm home to fix something, the offer isn't there any more and I can't find it on their website or on the app!

Has anyone sent a picture of their Hidden Valley Ranch recipe for 1000 pts? I can't figure out how to do it. Whenever I'm home to fix something, the offer isn't there any more and I can't find it on their website or on the app!

I did, and it was rejected. I thought I followed all the directions correctly so I'm not sure what aspect they didn't like. I made "firecrackers" and in the photo included the end result, the recipe and the product (their powder mix).

Hidden Valley Upload Status
Thank you for participating in the Hidden Valley Photo Upload promotion. Unfortunately, your photo was rejected because it did not meet the requirements of the campaign. For more information contact help@snipp.com.

The offer was in my earn tab, then was gone, then back again. I guess you might wait awhile and see if it comes back?

I did, and it was rejected. I thought I followed all the directions correctly so I'm not sure what aspect they didn't like. I made "firecrackers" and in the photo included the end result, the recipe and the product (their powder mix).

Hidden Valley Upload Status
Thank you for participating in the Hidden Valley Photo Upload promotion. Unfortunately, your photo was rejected because it did not meet the requirements of the campaign. For more information contact help@snipp.com.

The offer was in my earn tab, then was gone, then back again. I guess you might wait awhile and see if it comes back?
Thanks. I've seen it come back about 3 times but when I'm ready to make something, it's gone. It only shows up when I'm driving around :D I guess I'll just skip that one. Weird they didn't credit you!

Really good deal this week involving mPlaces. I have a reward offer for 1000 mPoints if I submit a receipt showing a purchase of Barilla Pronto Pasta. Barilla Pronto Pasta is on sale at Target this week for $1.09 per box. There is a 70 cent off coupon, plus a 75 cent off 2 Target coupon. Buy two boxes, use two 70 cent coupons, one 75 cent off 2 target coupon and pay 3 cents TOTAL, then upload to mPoints for additional points! Plus use your RedCard! I went yesterday but they were out, so I'm stopping back by tomorrow.

Really good deal this week involving mPlaces. I have a reward offer for 1000 mPoints if I submit a receipt showing a purchase of Barilla Pronto Pasta. Barilla Pronto Pasta is on sale at Target this week for $1.09 per box. There is a 70 cent off coupon, plus a 75 cent off 2 Target coupon. Buy two boxes, use two 70 cent coupons, one 75 cent off 2 target coupon and pay 3 cents TOTAL, then upload to mPoints for additional points! Plus use your RedCard! I went yesterday but they were out, so I'm stopping back by tomorrow.
I was just about to post about this. I saw this offer this morning and had planned to pick up pasta because we eat it anyway. However, now the offer has been removed.

I was just about to post about this. I saw this offer this morning and had planned to pick up pasta because we eat it anyway. However, now the offer has been removed.

Weird! I still have it. But if you have a Target near you, it's still a good deal!

Does anyone else have a deal for Bevita breakfast biscuits? It was a deal for the Barilla pasta as well as the Bevita.

Holy cow! Did I ever score yesterday! I flew RT from Sacramento to Orange County. The Sac airport gives you 10 points and that's it. But when I got to the OC airport yesterday, I saw that it gave 75 pts. Then it gave me a survey, which had multiple parts to it. I got 6000 pts in addition to the 75 check-in coins! An hour later, I checked in again and got another 5500 pts + 75! Not sure why I got fewer the second time since it was exactly the same survey, but wow! 11,650 pts for 2 airport check-ins. Sacramento only gave 10 pts, no survey. Wish I'd checked into the OC airport the first day when I flew down!

Anyway, thought I'd mention that if anyone is near them to try the airport check-ins. I know LAX and SNA both give you lots of check-in points and a survey.

I was also getting some odd things yesterday. Places would show up and then disappear, even though I hadn't moved. Points would be 75 and then they'd be 10 and then the places would be gone. I did my 25 check-ins and then it started me over again and I got in another 13 check-ins before going to bed. Today it just continued from where I left off yesterday, so it didn't really do anything for me (I was hoping it would start over again this morning) :) but I've never had that happen before.

I have a couple of questions. I got a notice twice that said something about how I might be able to earn extra bonus points and to go back to the home screen. I never saw anything else about it. Anyone else get that?

I also will occasionally see a gift box go floating by into my little prize box icon; these are not the ones you get from checking in and I'm not sure what they are.

I get offers for extra points for submitting a recipe or receipt, but then it's gone later when I can do it. Frustrating! Is there any place you can find those offers? I tried the website but no luck.

And finally, in my 'Earn' folder there is always the notice at the top that says to tweet them and get 10 pts. I click it, it says I've tweeted today, but I never see the points get added. I know it's going on twitter because my friend told me she sees it. Anyone know about the tweeting?

@DizMe Awesome on the airport check ins! I completely forgot to check in at the airports when we went to Disney last month.

I've been getting the screen that says I may be able to get more points for certain check ins and to go back to the home screen, but I can never get it to click through. I always end up just having to X out or hit Skip to get back to the map. That's probably my biggest issue with the app. A lot of times I'll be watching a video or doing a survey and the app will freeze, and there's no way to go back to it so I lose the points. Frustrating. It's still a pretty easy program though, so I keep doing it.

Not sure about the tweets. I think I see the 10pts getting added, although I haven't paid super close attention. I will when I do it tomorrow.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to change the Twitter account that your mPoints account is linked to? When I signed up I linked it to me regular Twitter because I didn't really know what it was going to do. But I'd rather link it to a dummy account I made just for rewards things.

I'm so close to being able to cash out for my 3rd $5 Target card, I'm hoping to get it tomorrow!

Wow, that's amazing on the airport points!! Man I'm excited when I just get a 30 point check in haha.

I have done really well the last two days on high value check ins. DH and I were out all day yesterday and today furniture shopping, so I went by a lot of high value check-ins. Almost everything I got yesterday was either 30 or 50, so that was nice. Cashed out for my 3rd Target gift card last Thursday and have enough for another $5 now!

Anyone have the KFC and Taco Bell 2000pt receipt upload? Both of these places I dread. Are they offering higher checking points for these two restaurants?

Anyone have the KFC and Taco Bell 2000pt receipt upload? Both of these places I dread. Are they offering higher checking points for these two restaurants?
I haven't seen those. I seem to have been ratcheted down a bit, LOL. I made a lot of points in the past month or so, and I was regularly checking in to places with 75 pts + ads. Now, though, those same places are down to 30 for me but are still 50 or so for my 12-year-old, who just signed up today. She gets all the ads but I only get them sporadically now. Oh well, I can't complain since I still do really well with ads through the prize boxes.

I did email mplaces to ask them why I can't submit my Hidden Valley Ranch recipe because the offer disappears whenever I try to send it, but they sent me an answer that didn't really make any sense. They merged that question with my other one about why I don't get any points for tweeting, and the HVR question was never addressed. The twitter question was answered with "you are only allowed 20 check-in tweets per day on twitter," which was news to me since it only lets me do it once a day and it never answered why I didn't get any points for doing so.

One tip I figured out accidentally: when you see a number in the star box (in the top right on the map page), and you click on it to see that you've earned 4 points for being a Prize Forager or whatever, if you act quickly and tap the star again before the number disappears you can sometimes get those points again :)

I have gotten 3 $5 Starbucks cards, 3 $10 Target cards (but I can't order the 3rd until tomorrow because you can only get one per week), and have almost enough for another $5 card. I'll probably just save that up for another $10 card since I won't be able to cash it in yet anyway. I'm saving up for a nice Disney card for my trip in December!

I had a 'submit a Wendy's receipt for 1000 coins' but it was only in my EARN list for a day or so. Many of my higher value places have decreased as well. Pet stores used to be 30 but are now 10. Sprint/Wendy's were 50 and are now 10. At least AT&T, TMobile, Best Buy and Game Stop are still higher values.

I'm often amused by the GPS they use. My Best Buy has two icons, both worth 50 points, but the address for the second one is a town 75 miles away. On the other hand, I can walk through Kohl's front doors and not get points because mPlaces has it positioned in a grassy field that fronts the strip mall.

I'm still getting 75 points for Old Navy. Target, Best Buy, Staples, Sprint, T Mobile are 50 (and so is Costco but I'm rarely near that). Radio Shack is sometimes 50 and sometimes 30. Game Stop is 30 and almost always gives me an ad for more points. ATT is now 30 for me with no more ads, though I do occasionally still get an ATT ad from Verizon or another cell company. Best Buy usually gives me that (annoying) video where the girl is dancing around with her laptop, but it's worth a lot of points with the accompanying coupon :)

I also get videos sometimes that don't promise any coins, so I don't watch them (Luvs, for instance). I did the first time and noticed they didn't pay up. Those come in the prize boxes, I think.

I like the Challenges but they don't pay like they used to and I only get them every now and then. The last one was the Pirate Week challenge and it took me almost a whole week to get all of the game pieces. It paid 50 coins so it was fun but not hugely rewarding.

Yeah, the GPS is funny! I can't get Staples when I'm in front of it but I can get it from the shopping center across the street. I have to refresh things because the app will sort of randomly jump to another location or it won't move the first time I refresh even though I'm a few miles further away. I get coins for the same ATT twice because it has 2 locations, both in the same spot. Works for me!

I am beginning to think the app is schewed for those of us that are high point earners. I have literally had 5 receipt offers in my earn section but the go away really quickly as if is programmed for me not to be able to submit one.

I went walking in the mall today as it has been raining here and I was trying to check old navy as that tends to be a high point earner. Stood in front and it would not even come up. Probably because I got 150 pts for cricket and T-Mobile wireless.

Also my boxes aren't coming back like they use too. MAybe someone has caught on and I have someone in my area. Nevertheless, this app has been good since I found this thread so I can't complain!

Thanks for all that post high earning spots!

Ok so I have been playing "where's Waldo" with these food receipt. I managed to snag a Dunkin Donuts thanks to an early morning coffee run. My daughter had a chick fil a receipt from last night swim practice (she is a teen and an athlete so she eats fast food) tried to upload got error code and now it's gone:mad:! This app and me have a love hate relationship right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter