Anyone use mPoints/mPlaces apps?

Anyone else have their grocery store check-ins giving extra points? Mine have been 30 points all month, and that includes gas stations owned by grocery stores. I've really bumped my earnings because of this; normally the high earning check-ins are out of the way for me, but I can hit several grocers on my usual route.
The weird thing is my husband started doing mPlus last month and none of his grocery check-ins are above 10 points. :confused3

We have the same thing - mine has been higher for a while now, but DH has been 10 points the entire time. We've both been doing it a long time, he started before me, so no rhyme or reason why mine is increased & his is not.

Today both my and my husband's normal 10 point places are all 5 points. Wonder if this is the new norm? :scared:

I am glad I found this thread. I had cashed in points for a Target card last week, and when I saw the points drop from 10 to 5 per checkin, I was wondering if it was related to that! Oh well, it will just take twice as long to get free cards.

I was going to ask about this as well! I just updated the app and thought it was because of that.

I've also lost a bunch of 30-point stores in the last 2 days, like ATT and Best Buy. It's getting difficult to get many points with this new setup. If it stays this slow, I'll probably stop using it. Used to be a great way to earn a few gift cards a month, but not really worth my time for $5 a month.

I was going to ask about this as well! I just updated the app and thought it was because of that.

I've also lost a bunch of 30-point stores in the last 2 days, like ATT and Best Buy. It's getting difficult to get many points with this new setup. If it stays this slow, I'll probably stop using it. Used to be a great way to earn a few gift cards a month, but not really worth my time for $5 a month.
I think they switch off with different businesses being 30 pts. Right now its Kroger and WalMart for me.

I was surprised to see the 5 points yesterday. I have been tweeting them and get the extra 10 too. I don't use Twitter other then for that.

My $20/month is going to be $10/month, maybe a bit more. I need to make sure I am "at my limit" with all the games now.

Our Best Buy has always been 30 points plus it often opened an ATT ad for another 20-30 and then I tweeted it for another 10. AND, we only have one Best Buy store in our town but it had three "locations" on the mPlaces app! Needless to say, Best Buy was a big point maker for us.

If this is indeed the new norm, with no big point places to help boost, then I'll probably stop doing it. It's almost a waste a time.

I'm not sure if we will continue either. My husband hopes they will up the points of the prize boxes to make up the check-in losses but I doubt it.
I guess I could do more of the games to earn.

I opened up several other M+ apps last night. I figured that it is less time consuming than SB, so why not. And then I checked the Rewards.
Not all the apps have the same rewards! One of them had NO Target or WalMart and I freaked. Fortunately M+ places still does. If they get rid of cards I can use, I will probably move on.

I figure if I can check in to places I'm near anyway, then it's a good thing and I'll do it. That's the way it has been for me in the year or so I've been using it. But if those places go from 30 points (formerly 40 formerly 50+) to 5 and no longer have the 20 point (formerly 30, 40, and 50) ads, then it isn't worth it. I can't get more than a few 30-pt check-ins now in my regular day and driving around chasing higher-point stores is silly considering the payoff.

Mine is t 5 too. Boooooo. Honestly I probably won't really use it anymore. When I changed jobs a couple months ago my opportunity went down significantly, so I rarely ever get 25 check ins a day anymore.

This app just totally messed with me the last 2 days. For instance, it shows Target at 30 when I'm not near it, but it drops to 5 when I get there. Same with the other higher-point stores. If I can get it to come up in the 'Earn' column (bottom left coin icon), it often won't come up when I click on it but just keeps saying 'searching for venues'. It seems to know where I am and give me the higher points for the stores that aren't near me and then when I DO get near them it switches to 5 and shows higher points at the one I just left. :mad:

Today I couldn't access the daily survey. I tried it on several of the m+ apps with no luck. And there were NO points at my local airport, even though I had seen an ad for 75 points at airports not too long ago. I was silly to go out of my way, but that was just salt in the wound.

Last edited:
If they offered games I want to play... I'm not a big game player, but if they paired with Disney Emoji Blitz, I'd have thousands of points this week already!:earboy2:

Great offer from Flonase: Sign up for a 1000 point bonus. Then you can take a survey 120 points, and do a couple of other smaller tasks for more points. If you buy Flonase you can get even more.

(there is a link that takes you right to the offer but I don't want to get in trouble for posting it, so trying to find a way to help people find it...)

on desktop try this: Search CBS Local Rewards
Then click earning opportunities
Then mplus rewards apps and when you click on that select website.
Flonase should be listed.

Last edited:
I got the Flonase thing, too, and wow! Great deal!

I've been a lot happier with Mplaces the last week or 2. Most of the stores are still 5 points but they brought back a lot of the higher-point check-ins. ATT has been 45 pts plus a 60 point ad, and I've regularly been getting electronics stores for 30 plus ad. I don't even bother with the 5 point majority--I focus on the 30 or more and can usually get 25 in a day again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter