Anyone else sick of Star Wars?

I don't care about it. I will walk through Star Wars land but I won't understand half of what I see. I saw the movies as a kid but I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars.

I won't actively watch these movies, but did recently find a copy of The made for TV movie, ewoks: return to endor that I used to watch as a kid...that's about as much Star Wars I can handle.

As long as Mickey Vader stays away from the magic kingdom disney can go star crazy at the studio/adventure and I won't care

Never liked it the first time around. I think Star Wars is one of those movies people like or hate.

When it came out in '77, I saw it six times. My brother and I took our dad to see it because we wanted him to see such a good movie:cool1:. After the movie was over he told us to let him know when the sequel came out so he'd be sure not to go see it. We were both :confused3 o_O :guilty: :sad2:

I'm neutral. Slightly over it - never got into the movies, but since I've been hearing so much about them I've been thinking about watching all of them. That way when I see everything in the parks, I have a clue. Because right now I don't have one.

However, I inderstand how "huge" it is for disney and I don't fault them for advertising and getting all of the fans excited.

If you're sick of it now...........you need to be on the first transport to Naboo because you need to be..............far..............far.............away! Its gonna get Star Wars crazy round here :yoda:

Doug :goofy:
That's exactly what I was thinking. The Star Wars mania of 2015-2016 is just starting. If someone is already sick of it they are gonna be driven nuts soon enough.

My username makes it obvious which sci-fi franchise I prefer, but Star Wars is a definitive piece of culture in its own right. I can't fault the hardcore fans for being excited and I can't fault Disney and its partners for marketing to them. It's a big deal that more films are getting made, and the upcoming stuff in the theme parks is going to be interesting.

I will say that I find the line of makeup a little over the top, but it's still less silly than the Hunger Games makeup line.

Not at all. I'm getting a kick out of how much my DD(6) is getting into it. We've been watching the old ones over and over. I think it's awesome that a franchise that was big so many years ago is getting so huge again.

That being said, I'm so hoping that it lives up to the hype and doesn't turn out to be a huge disappointment for so many fans.

I don't mind Star Wars, but I am getting a little tired of half of every show being devoted to Star Wars related material. I know a lot is happening right now but really...it starts to not feel like a Disney podcast. Sigh.

Anyone? Or is it just me?
Were you reading my mind? I was going to start the same thread earlier today.

I am in no way comparing the two but Star Wars is rapidly becoming what Frozen became a couple of years ago. You can't turn around without tripping over Star Wars stuff. The parks are quickly becoming overrun with it. I was watching the video of the Launch Bay earlier and it just made me sad that an attraction dedicated to the history and art of animation, the very thing that built the entire company, has been replaced with Star Wars.

I'm not sure how to articulate this but I basically feel that going out and buying Lucasfilm didn't suddenly make Darth Vader a Disney character. He's not. He never will be. Honestly, I feel the same way about Marvel. It's fine that Disney owns them but I don't think that puts them in the same category as native Disney properties.

I'm not a huge fan, but I'm FAR from tired of Star Wars ...I'm actually excited about this film, not only as a moviegoer -but as a shareholder. Now, my wife on the other hand is a HUGE fan ..she's got the day off to see the opening locally.

When you hear a scream Christmas morning, that will be her opening her gift ....a light saber(Consular Green)!

Yes . . . the hype is getting me down. When Star Wars came out in '77, my Dad took the family to see it at the drive in. It was cool, edgy, revolutionary and like nothing else. Sadly, each sequel (prequel) has become more bloated and corporate and just predictable. It doesn't mean they aren't worth watching but they aren't really Star Wars. They are more like the annual big studio extravaganzas from the 60s. I wasn't around then but you get the drift . . . over billed and over hyped and a bit desperate. I'll see the new one eventually. When it eventually shows up (maybe in the early Spring) to my local small town Ontario cineplex. But I'm not getting up at midnight to fight for a ticket for the first month of showings and driving 3 hrs to Toronto to see it. I'll see it when I see it. I loved Star Wars. I liked Empire Strikes Back. But the spawn has just been meh. No hate but no enthusiasm either. Just kind of sad. :rolleyes2

I'm looking forward to the continuing saga. Loved Episodes IV, V & VI way back when they first came out. Was less impressed, but still enjoyed I, II & III.

I didn't comment on what I personally think about Star Wars. I'm fine with it. I've seen 4, 5, and 6. I've never seen 1, 2, and 3. We just recently watched 4, 5, and 6 again from Netflix since we hadn't seen them for years. We have tickets to a private showing of the new film opening weekend from our synagogue. I'm not terribly excited as I never really got into the whole Star Wars thing. I'm a Star Trek guy. But I'll go and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I've seen the original movies and one of the newer ones, but I'm not in any way a fan. I don't hate Star Wars but I don't love it. I am, however, completely sick of having Star Wars stuff in my face at every single store we go into. DD6 has even asked me why there is so much SW stuff everywhere. She has told me that she is tired of seeing it everywhere. I'll be glad for the hype to die down.

As an aside, we are at WDW right now, and DD is so sad that Duffy and ShellieMae stuff is harder to find, but SW is still everywhere. I know Duffy has a lot of haters on the boards, but DD really almost cried when we walked into that store in Epcot that used to be Duffy but is now SW. I felt really bad for her. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter