Anyone do the new Segway tour @ Epcot?

tink&stitchmom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone here went on the new Segway tour at Epcot today.

I'm thinking about doing this tour with my daughter as a surprise for her 16th birthday. I think she'd enjoy it but I was wondering what other thought of the changes.

My family and I did this tour in August and absolutely loved it. We took the first tour of the day before the park opened and it was really great because we didn't have to worry about hitting poor pedestrians.

We plan on doing it again

Our friends who have been annual passholders for the past decade, spend 21-28 days a year there (usually two two week trips per year), and have done every behind the scenes tour Disney does, say this one is their very favorite. Their youngest is 16, they have two in college, and parents are in their late 50s.

I haven't had an opportunity, but thought I'd share a strong recommendation from a family that really knows Disney and has tried everything there.

Oh and by the way, they take their motorhome down and always camp at Fort Wilderness.

I have done the *old* Segway tour several times, and LOVED it. My understanding is that the *new* Segway tour starts tomorrow... So, since we have registered for the new Segway tour on November 12th, I will be looking for reviews soon!

Hi.. I am going with my sister in October (21-25) and we just booked this tour for the first Monday we are there. There were several times to choose from, the earliest was 7:45 (a bit early for me when you include transportation time and being there 15 min. early!).. so we opted for the 8:30. You have to be there 15 minutes early and this new tour includes breakfast at the food pavillion in the Land! I was surprised to find that out! I was told it will be 3 hours..
I have done segways before but never at Disney.. can't wait! We will post when we return, but I am also interested to hear how it is from someone before we go!

I am desperately wanting to try the Segway tour. My DH thinks I'm nuts, l as I am a completely uncoordinated accident-waiting-to-happen. But Epcot is my favorite park, it would be so cool to see it this way...and I would love to try it out just to prove to myself (and him) that I can do it! I would love to hear more about it. Can anyone give me an idea how far in advance it needs to be booked? Any chance of booking two weeks out or should I think about it for another trip?

Well, if our time period is any indication, (10/21/12 to 10/25) when I called today, a little over a month away, they had 3 times available on the day I wanted! I was surprised, I was ready to pick another day or even not get a ressie! I would say give it a try! We had done 3 segway tours in different cities and they are a blast! you do not need to be coordinated!! My Mother-in-law did it and she was really worried, as she considers herself a "klutz"!! She really enjoyed it! I too think riding around Epcot is going to be so cool!

I went ahead and booked the 8:30am tour on 10/4. I'm very excited! I hope someone shares details and their impressions of the tour. I'd love to know more beforehand.

julirina, If you have your Disney visa.. don't forget to ask about the discount, saves 20%!! I did NOT do this, but read about it on another post, so I called back today and they reprocessed it with the discount! Worth the extra phone call..

Cheryle423, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it per person with the 20% discount applied? Thanks!

Sure.. it was going to be $105.44 for one, but with the discount it came down to $84.35! So that is worth it!

We did a tour last year at Thanksgiving that was very similar. lessons then tour the Lands. It was a great time.

Less than the Disney Vias at 20%, but AAA, AP and DVC have 15%, if you do not have the Visa.

WOOHOO!!

I am so glad I found this topic. I just booked the tour for October 18 at 8:30. I did the old tour 2 times and just LOVED it.

This one is an extra hour and includes breakfast. Here's the blurb from the Dis:

Keep Moving Forward: See the World, Share the Dream Segway Tour: Explore Walt's vision for a better tomorrow and how he achieved that with the design of Walt Disney World and Epcot. After receiving instructions in the use of this futuristic vehicle, you’re off on a fun filled exploration of Epcot and an in-depth tour of the World Showcase before it opens to the public. Hear the stories of the countries and learn their heritage while listening to your guide through headphones to make sure that you don't miss a thing. This tour is an amazing opportunity that’s certain to create a once in a lifetime memory. Breakfast at Sunshine Seasons is included, as well as a new commemorative pin. PLEASE NOTE: The maximum weight is 250 lbs. Helmets are provided and are mandatory. Expectant mothers may not participate. Guests with special needs should discuss the requirements with the Disney Tour department to see if they’re able to take part in this tour.

We are booked for the 2nd at 9:30. Hoping someone else comes on to tell us how it went before then. If not, I'll just find out when we go. :cool1:

BUMP to see if any of the lucky ducks that have been on this the last couple days can tell us all about it. Here Ducky ducky!

Heading over the weekend of September 28th and will be doing the new tour on Sunday the 30th. If no one has posted by then I will come back and let you know how it went. My DW and I have not ever been on the Segway tour before so we have nothing to compare it to.

u2gator

Heading over the weekend of September 28th and will be doing the new tour on Sunday the 30th. If no one has posted by then I will come back and let you know how it went. My DW and I have not ever been on the Segway tour before so we have nothing to compare it to.

Thank you, u2gator! I would love to hear about your tour. Have a great time!

DH and I are having our first adult only trip to WDW for F&W Festival. We have the segway tour booked for Saturday the 13th at 8:30am. We are staying at BC. Will we be able to get in the WS entrance?

I am looking forward to the first reviews coming in. If anyone sees them posted elsewhere in the boards, please let us know on this thread too.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter