Anyone do the new Segway tour @ Epcot?

Hi there.

My phone names pictures with the time they were taken. I just went back and looked at a few.

We started the tour promptly at 8:30. We were in Innoventions by 8:40. At 10:47, we were having our free ride in Italy. And at 11:40, I had just left Innoventions and taken a pic of the fountain. So pretty much right at 3 hours for me BUT I was also on the very first tour, so they could have tweaked it.

Thank you for this info! I really appreciate you checking your phone for some really accurate timing. Now I have a good idea for planning what we do after the tour.
Thanks again for helping me out!!!

Just back. We did the 9:30 tour on Oct 2nd. Met at Guest Services at 9:15, walked over to Innoventions, had a helmet fitting, watched a brief movie on how to operate the Segway, Jim talked us through all the controls and what not to do :rolleyes1 (they don't go backwards), then we headed out to training inside Innoventions. We learned how to get on, then had short sessions on going forward, turning, stopping, and how to get off. Then we had a few lessons on going up and downhill and manuevering around corners and getting through tight doorways. Robert joined us for the training sessions and he was our tour guide for the trip. Once we were all comfortable with that, we rolled off to the Land for breakfast at Seasons. Others have explained breakfast. I got the full breakfast and everything was really good. We were given our headsets after breakfast. We had time for a bathroom break and got fastpasses for Soarin' and then headed out.
Rolled through Future World off to Mexico via the winding paths, on by Norway into China and rolled to the back there and learned some things about their building and colors/customs.On to Germany. In Germany we rolled up and down the hill by the train display and learned facts about that. Had a stop in Italy for photos and a chance to just mess around. On to the American Adventure learning some facts about that building and forced perspective. Learned some facts about the Japan pavilions, rolled through Morocco and had the challenge of fitting through their tight doorways, on by France-more forced perspective facts and then on by UK and Canada (with a few facts about the totem poles and the forced perspectives used there.) After that, we rolled on back into Future World and returned to innoventions to return our helmets and we received our pins there. Still the old pins as other posters have previously stated and they will mail us the new ones. It was a great tour and one I would definitely be willing to do again. And with the Disney Visa, I recieved the 20% discount, so it was $84.35 per person. Not a bad deal with breakfast included.
The earlier tours may be a bit easier due to less crowds in World Showcase (and we did have the Food and Wine tasters out and about making it worse). People will just walk right in front of you when you are on the Segways.:scared1:And they don't stop on a dime. Sometimes you just have to laugh!

Thanks so much Tiggerrn2. Great info for the tour. Sounds very interesting. Can't wait until I can write a review too. It's getting close!!!

I'm so excited!!! Based on great info on this thread I booked the Segway tour for our trip in November. I'm going with my parents and my brother - ages 77, 72, 51 and 49!!!! Should be a hoot!

My husband, son and daughter will be golfing. Glad someone will be there to take pictures, because no one at home will believe it:cool1:

I'll post on our return - after Thanksgiving.

Thanks, Michele

how strict do they enforce the 250lb weight limit???

Disney's limits are always strictly enforced. If someone is over 250 lb, they won't be able to ride these; that's the manufacturer's specifications, not Disney's. Last thing they (and the rider!) want is to either break the (expensive) Segway or break the riders!!

I am actually thinking of doing this tour with my husband. It sounds cool and cheap with our visa discount. I mean breakfast, pin and a 2 hour tour before Epcot wsc opens sounds great!

DH and I (50 somethings) did this tour on Sept 19 at 8:30, the first week of the new tour format. It was fantastic! Early bus from resort was not a problem. Arrived Epcot before 8 am, enter thru turnstile on right marked for character breakfast guests. CM checked out names off of a list and let us in. We took pictures in front of Spaceship Earth and watched as they were filming footage for new website we were told. At guest relations, got nametags and ordered breakfast (choice of full breakfast or continental breakfast and lots of choices of beverages). Tour is maximum of 10 riders with two tour guides. Fitted with helmet and instructions begins. Learned how to get on and off, go forward and stop, and travel uphill, downhill and around cones. Then rode over to The Land for breakfast traveling thru a back door. Breakfast was very good. Restroom break and grabbed fast passes for Soarin. Given headsets to hear the tour guides and climbed back on Segways for tour of World Showcase. Lots of interesting information as we traveled around. Rode around columns, up hills, thru gardens and courtyards. Driving the segway becomes second nature. With no guest allowed in yet, we had the whole park to ourselves. Took a break near the lagoon across from Italy. Here we could film video and take pictures of each other. About the time we reached France, the gates had opened to everyone and the crowds were heading our way. We had to be really careful heading back as the crowds tend to not look where they are going. The entire tour was 3 hours and well worth the $99 price. We would do it again if given the chance. Tour guides were awesome. Can't wait to get our pins in the mail. :love:

DH and I did this tour on Saturday morning. It was a blast!
We stayed at Beach Club and walked over to the IG entrance about 8am. We told the guard that we had an 8:30am Segway tour and he opened the rope for us. We then gave our name to the person working the gate, who found us on the list. We put our tickets through the turnstile and entered Epcot on a a peaceful, beautiful morning. It was such a contrast from the bustle of the night before during the Food and Wine Festival. We took our time walking over to Guest Services and took a few pictures along the way. We checked in right at 8:15. We were shown a laminated lunch menu with the two breakfast choices. We both chose the hot platter and we were given a drink choice as well. (Coffee for DH, Diet Coke for me). We were given name tags and confirmed our addresses for the pins that are still not available.
We were told to meet at 8:25 so we took another quick picture in front of the park with just a few scattered people about.
We were a group of 10. Our first guide, an older gentlman (blocking on his name now), greeted us at guest services. We followed him over to Innoventions where we went into an area to get our helmets and a short orientation to the segway. We then went out to the training area which is next to the Piggy Bank Adventure. Our second guide, Jordan, began assisting us as well. We were given a series of exercises to get used to the segway. I was a bit nervous at first and was coming up on my heels rather than shifting my weight, but within about 5 minutes, I got the hang of it. We had simple exercises of moving forward, turning and staying within the cones. Then going up and down an incline, then weaving in and out of cones. This training part is really quite fun.
We then followed our guide on our segways, out of Innoventions and over to a back entrance to the Land. We parked the segways in a cast member area and entered on the ground floor. We went into Sunshine seasons where breaksfast was hot and ready in a reserved area. We all sat with our own groups. We had about 25 minutes so plenty of time to eat grab Fast Passes for Soarin (return time was 11:30-12:30 which was perfect!), and restroom. Breakfast platter was scrambled eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, biscuit, and hash browns. Really a lot of food.

We then were given an ear piece which attached to a unit to clip onto your pants. This allowed us to clearly hear our guide. We headed out into World Showcase. There was still a rope up but we were let in to enjoy the first part with no crowds. We stopped off at several countries to learn more about the architecture and design and to have fun on the segways including weaving through columns in Italy, going through the small garden in America, and the bridges in Japan. We had a great photo stop across from Italy too. As we moved further along, the crowds began to pick up a little but our guide did a good job of clearing traffic and everyone was so friendly. We ended up doing the full loop around WS before we finally ended back at Innoventions.

One gentleman had a few hiccups on his segway but it was no big deal. DH and I really loved this tour and highly recommend it. We were told there is an all terrain segway tour at Fort Wilderness and we'll have to look at that for next trip!

Sorry I missed the PhotoPass (PP) part of the question. They don't take PP pics, just using your own camera.

Just recently received this:

2012-11-29_21-52-30_70.jpg

It's the new Epcot Segway tour pin ! They're in!

A little "bump" as I am hoping to get more reiviews...

I'm thinking of gifting this tour to my parents at Christmas for our February trip. I really think they would enjoy it. My only concern is one of them crashing a segway. They are both 60 and in good shape. What do you think?

mouseketeer_mom said:

I'm thinking of gifting this tour to my parents at Christmas for our February trip. I really think they would enjoy it. My only concern is one of them crashing a segway. They are both 60 and in good shape. What do you think?

My inlaws did a Segway tour recently, not at Disney and they loved it. It was easy for them to get the hang of it.

DH and DSis are doing this next week. I'll post back then.

They will not have any trouble. There is plenty of practice time in Innoventions before they head you out to the World Showcase. Go to the earliest one for less crowds in the WS.

I received my pin a bit ago as well. Glad I got the old one first. I think I liked that one better.

I did this tour last month. I've done several Segway tours, all of the Disney ones plus some in other locations.

Disney's are very tame as they regulate the Segway speed. Tours elsewhere are more fun if you are looking strictly for Segway experience.

I went this time with 2 friends; both took nasty spills on them. I felt so awful because I think they are easy to ride and convinced them to do the tour.

I preferred the old tour without the breakfast. Still, a few hours on a Segway is hard to beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter