Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

What boat you looking to get? and Any specific dates? We are looking to book 4 nights on the Dream prolly first one in Jan!

We're looking at that one too. We are booked on the Magic cruise that sails in and out of Miami over New Years Eve 2013/14, and we want to come up to Port Canaveral after the Magic docks in Miami on Jan 2, and go back out on a 3 or 4 day Dream cruise. The 2nd is on a Thursday in 2014, so if the Dream cruise that comes in on the 2nd goes right back out, I think it is likely to be a 3-day. We have a dummy cruise set up just waiting to switch it over as soon as they announce the schedule :)

Mary

Given that Disney has such a hard time selling the med cruise I doubt they will do cruise in Japan or China. Also you may want to check what airfare from a major US city to there is too.

They could station a ship in Japan or China and do just fine, I'm sure. Asians + money + Mickey Mouse = winning combo.

Japan would make the most sense, as Tokyo DL is there and has very high attendance rates.

Mariellen102 said:
What boat you looking to get? and Any specific dates? We are looking to book 4 nights on the Dream prolly first one in Jan!

January 4 on the Wonder out of Galveston! Hoping it will be an 8 night, but if not we'll be flexible with dates.

I also saw the maintenance message, but now it is back up and running. What's interesting is when I was on there a few minutes ago, the main screen was frozen on the same picture; one I have never seen before. Normally the home page scrolls through Mexico, the Fantasy, Europe, etc. It was what looked like a strip mall with a store that said Pellican on it. Ring a bell for anyone?

My first thought is a picture from San Juan, but I can't seem to find anything that would prove that was there...

This is interesting, I thought everyone was going crazy that saw this but I saw a blip of this on my screen yesterday. I would love to hear from some computer person why this would only show up like this. It must mean something.::yes::

One of the 12 day Meds look to be close to selling out.... According to cruisefish, if I'm reading it right.

The July 13 Med cruise is no longer available to book online. As it gets closer to the final payment date in mid-March, I imagine some cabins will open up as people change their minds.

They could station a ship in Japan or China and do just fine, I'm sure. Asians + money + Mickey Mouse = winning combo.

Japan would make the most sense, as Tokyo DL is there and has very high attendance rates.

Wonder if they'd want to wait longer on that since a new report just came out about more radiation leaks in Japan and contaminated water.

I still think 12/21/12. Mayan calendar change.

Granted we're still here and the world hasn't ended, :rotfl2: that would be a nice Christmas gift :thumbsup2

I also saw the maintenance message, but now it is back up and running. What's interesting is when I was on there a few minutes ago, the main screen was frozen on the same picture; one I have never seen before. Normally the home page scrolls through Mexico, the Fantasy, Europe, etc. It was what looked like a strip mall with a store that said Pellican on it. Ring a bell for anyone?

My first thought is a picture from San Juan, but I can't seem to find anything that would prove that was there...

I have been doing some research and it appears to be Aruba.:yay:

I also saw the blip and saw "Casa Grande suite hotel" next to the Pelican store. I think it is a picture from Miami, Fl. Strange??

I also saw the blip and saw "Casa Grande suite hotel" next to the Pelican store. I think it is a picture from Miami, Fl. Strange??

Oh I think you are right, that does look like Miami. Boo, I like the last guess of Aruba. We went there on our honeymoon 8 years ago and would LOVE to go back!!!

As much as I'd love to see Asian cruises offered, I just don't think its likely. Disney has been very reluctant to try anything new in the last few years; even the Europe itineraries have nothing particularly new or innovative, just the most popular ports that all the other lines go to. And others have pointed out that when they went to Europe in 2011, they did not do well in attracting the European crowds, they mainly tried to keep a strictly American product and attract people to cross the ocean.

Asia is a huge market, but vastly different from North America. Cruising isn't really big there yet and tastes in food and entertainment aren't at all similar. Attracting an Asian crowd would require major changes. For example, they'd need kids club workers who spoke Chinese, Japanese, etc. Would you leave your kids in a club where no one spoke their language? I don't think anyone would.

So as much as I'd love to see it, I would be hugely surprised if DCL tried to tackle the huge Asian market/

As much as I'd love to see Asian cruises offered, I just don't think its likely. Disney has been very reluctant to try anything new in the last few years; even the Europe itineraries have nothing particularly new or innovative, just the most popular ports that all the other lines go to. And others have pointed out that when they went to Europe in 2011, they did not do well in attracting the European crowds, they mainly tried to keep a strictly American product and attract people to cross the ocean.

So as much as I'd love to see it, I would be hugely surprised if DCL tried to tackle the huge Asian market/

I just wish they would do some three and four day cruises on the west coast. We love to cruise on Disney, but can't be taking 7 days off all the time for west coast cruises or paying for a lot of exorbitant plane fares and long travel times to get to the east coast for the shorter cruises! We can drive to LA or take a very inexpensive Amtrak from Albuquerque (which does all its traveling at night), and could make several shorter cruises a year if Disney would just schedule them in the west. So far, the only west coast cruises they have put on the schedule have been some 6 but mostly 7 days and those just don't work well with a limited vacation time work schedule. And now that the Mexican Riviera cruises seem to be gone, I am afraid they won't have anything in our neck of the woods except Alaska cruises and a couple of repos a year.

We're looking at that one too. We are booked on the Magic cruise that sails in and out of Miami over New Years Eve 2013/14, and we want to come up to Port Canaveral after the Magic docks in Miami on Jan 2, and go back out on a 3 or 4 day Dream cruise. The 2nd is on a Thursday in 2014, so if the Dream cruise that comes in on the 2nd goes right back out, I think it is likely to be a 3-day. We have a dummy cruise set up just waiting to switch it over as soon as they announce the schedule :)

Mary

Yah if they stick to the same schedule... I was guessing the first 4 day would leave Jan 5th. That is the one we would book!

Yah if they stick to the same schedule... I was guessing the first 4 day would leave Jan 5th. That is the one we would book!

Yes, if they continue with the 3-day on Thursday and the 4-day on Sunday, that would put you on the cruise that goes out when we returned. Too bad, we won't get to meet.

Well, while thinking about still waiting on 2014 prices today, I priced cruises for November and December 2013 and think I may book one for next winter. :lmao: Maybe this is why Disney is holding out - to get us to book more 2013 cruises. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter