Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. peterpan47

peterpan47 All our dreams come true if we have the courage to

We're looking at that one too. We are booked on the Magic cruise that sails in and out of Miami over New Years Eve 2013/14, and we want to come up to Port Canaveral after the Magic docks in Miami on Jan 2, and go back out on a 3 or 4 day Dream cruise. The 2nd is on a Thursday in 2014, so if the Dream cruise that comes in on the 2nd goes right back out, I think it is likely to be a 3-day. We have a dummy cruise set up just waiting to switch it over as soon as they announce the schedule :)

Mary

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

They could station a ship in Japan or China and do just fine, I'm sure. Asians + money + Mickey Mouse = winning combo.

Japan would make the most sense, as Tokyo DL is there and has very high attendance rates.

4. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

January 4 on the Wonder out of Galveston! Hoping it will be an 8 night, but if not we'll be flexible with dates.

5. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

This is interesting, I thought everyone was going crazy that saw this but I saw a blip of this on my screen yesterday. I would love to hear from some computer person why this would only show up like this. It must mean something.::yes::

6. eoliver921

eoliver921 Earning My Ears

Not today :(

7. DionneEvette

DionneEvette Earning My Ears

:(

8. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

The July 13 Med cruise is no longer available to book online. As it gets closer to the final payment date in mid-March, I imagine some cabins will open up as people change their minds.

9. peterpan47

Phooey!!:worried:

10. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Wonder if they'd want to wait longer on that since a new report just came out about more radiation leaks in Japan and contaminated water.

Granted we're still here and the world hasn't ended, :rotfl2: that would be a nice Christmas gift :thumbsup2

11. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

I have been doing some research and it appears to be Aruba.:yay:

12. lisabbscott

lisabbscott Earning My Ears

I also saw the blip and saw "Casa Grande suite hotel" next to the Pelican store. I think it is a picture from Miami, Fl. Strange??

13. jmb910

jmb910 Obsessed with anything Disney!

Oh I think you are right, that does look like Miami. Boo, I like the last guess of Aruba. We went there on our honeymoon 8 years ago and would LOVE to go back!!!

14. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

As much as I'd love to see Asian cruises offered, I just don't think its likely. Disney has been very reluctant to try anything new in the last few years; even the Europe itineraries have nothing particularly new or innovative, just the most popular ports that all the other lines go to. And others have pointed out that when they went to Europe in 2011, they did not do well in attracting the European crowds, they mainly tried to keep a strictly American product and attract people to cross the ocean.

Asia is a huge market, but vastly different from North America. Cruising isn't really big there yet and tastes in food and entertainment aren't at all similar. Attracting an Asian crowd would require major changes. For example, they'd need kids club workers who spoke Chinese, Japanese, etc. Would you leave your kids in a club where no one spoke their language? I don't think anyone would.

So as much as I'd love to see it, I would be hugely surprised if DCL tried to tackle the huge Asian market/

15. peterpan47

I just wish they would do some three and four day cruises on the west coast. We love to cruise on Disney, but can't be taking 7 days off all the time for west coast cruises or paying for a lot of exorbitant plane fares and long travel times to get to the east coast for the shorter cruises! We can drive to LA or take a very inexpensive Amtrak from Albuquerque (which does all its traveling at night), and could make several shorter cruises a year if Disney would just schedule them in the west. So far, the only west coast cruises they have put on the schedule have been some 6 but mostly 7 days and those just don't work well with a limited vacation time work schedule. And now that the Mexican Riviera cruises seem to be gone, I am afraid they won't have anything in our neck of the woods except Alaska cruises and a couple of repos a year.

16. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

What are you waiting to move it to December?

17. Mariellen102

Mariellen102 Mouseketeer

Yah if they stick to the same schedule... I was guessing the first 4 day would leave Jan 5th. That is the one we would book!

18. peterpan47

Yes, if they continue with the 3-day on Thursday and the 4-day on Sunday, that would put you on the cruise that goes out when we returned. Too bad, we won't get to meet.

19. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

On the itineraries post, someone captured another new pic on the disney cruise line web site. It had under caribbean ports, pics of St. Lucia and Aruba.

20. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

Well, while thinking about still waiting on 2014 prices today, I priced cruises for November and December 2013 and think I may book one for next winter. :lmao: Maybe this is why Disney is holding out - to get us to book more 2013 cruises. LOL

21. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club