Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Here it is, less then 2 months until 2013 and yet when I went to the DCL site to order a planning DVD for my sister, I got the following message
"The 2013 Disney Cruise Line Vacation Planning DVD is currently in production and will be ready for release very soon. While the delivery of your DVD may be temporarily delayed, rest assured that your DVD will arrive in the mail in the near future. Thank you for your patience and your interest in Disney Cruise Line."
My guess is they pulled the DVD for major changes.

A couple weeks ago I requested the DVD and got the same message. The 2012 DVD came in the mail yesterday, with a "personalized" (i.e. copy and paste my last name) in it about ports they are no longer sailing out of (seattle and NYC). Very unprofessional they didn't at least change the letter. I wonder if I'll get the 2013 one or if I'll have to request it later? Though I really am just interested in the 2014 cruises!

NancyIL said:
DCL doesn't want people to "jump ship" from 2013 to 2014!

The only way to keep people from jumping ship is to wait until all of the 2013 dates are into PIF before releasing dates...so like, October next year for the release date?
:scared:
That's a scary idea.

cruisecrasher said:
The only way to keep people from jumping ship is to wait until all of the 2013 dates are into PIF before releasing dates...so like, October next year for the release date?
:scared:
That's a scary idea.

That would be financially absurd but I am starting to doubt the fiscal sense of those in charge. All this time waiting and my family and I are looking into otherwise cruise lines for 2014...... sad they aren't getting there act together.

We're waiting for the 2014 cruises because we went on the dream last summer and loved it. There were 10 of us:
Mom and Dad
Me (15 at the time)
3 brothers (6, 5 and 3 at the time)
Grandma
2 family friends and their daughter (9 at the time)
The DCL is a great way for us to take a vacation together without worrying about the boys getting tired or bored. My parents can have time for themselves as for their friends. I could go to the teen club or hang out with our friends daughter. No planning on changing cruise lines any time soon.

I would like for us to get our '14 date booked so I can start counting down and making magnets for our doors! :D
:surfweb::badpc:

I have been spoiled by DCL. For those of you that have said you are going with someone else (2014), who?...why? Royal or NCL?

We have sailed two other cruise lines strictly because of pricing and better itineraries/packages. Sailed HAL in Alaska because they went to Glacier Bay (and it was incredible). Their price for a verandah for three vs. Disney's pricing was about $1,000 different. That difference paid our excursions ;)

We did do NCL in Hawaii, but I cannot (in good conscience) recommend them. Because it was an all American crew (at that time - I think it has since changed), they were rude, dirty and our rooms were filthy. The pricing was terrific -- we got a verandah room and an inside room for less than one verandah would have cost on Disney, but you get what you pay for. The verandah was so dirty you couldn't even see out the sliding glass doors! :sad2: But it was a very convenient cruise because it was a 7-night Hawaii only (no transit)! It was basically a nice floating 2-star hotel that got us from port to port and we really did enjoy their in port handling and the tour companies they used were excellent. And glad we didn't have to waste 8 days at sea in a round-trip. Unless I read better reviews on Cruise Critic, I wouldn't sail with them again.

WolfpackFan said:
We love NCL and did a cruise with them out of New Orleans last March. I just love their Freestyle cruising and not having to dress up for dinner.

We did Hawaii, which has a lot of negative reviews because of it being mostly an American crew. We LOVED it. We did 1 specialty restaurant, but after trying the regular MDR too, we skipped the rest of the specialties because the dining rooms and buffet had every thing we wanted and more (chocolate fountain every night!). We didn't feel like we were nickel and dimed at all. Such a good deal.

Freestyle was so relaxing to us too. It was definitely our style of cruise. If I 'have' to do assigned dinner times, and have to deal with feeling rushed to get ready for dinner, I pick DCL. I need the Disney magical touch.

For those of you whom have traveled other cruise lines (with children...mine are 12 and 7) and are not planning to rebook on DCL. Which line do you prefer next after DCL?

Royal Caribbean is our favorite. DCL has more for kids but I consider RCL very similar in quality. The Flow Rider, mini golf, etc. gives plenty for older kids to do on Freedom and Oasis Class ships.

Mevans,

How old are your kids? DH and I did RCL before having kids and we loved them. We just took our 5 and 6 yr olds on the Fantasy this year and they loved it. I'm debating if we should do the Fantasy again in 2014 or try RCL's Allure of the Seas. Do you think Allure of the Seas would be entertaining enough for the kids??

Well I think it is costing them business. I have been waiting around for months to see what cruises are available in January 2014. RCI and Princess have had their 2014 cruises out for months. Well I got tired of waiting for DCL, so started looking at the RCI cruises and found the exact cruise I'd like to take on the Independence of the Seas. I haven't booked it yet, thinking I would give DCL a chance to see what they have but because of the delay I found the RCI cruise and am 90% sure we will book it.

I'll be aboard in about two months:goodvibes in a great extended aft balcony.

Interesting the talk re DCL delaying schedules to try and cut down on walking reservations. I wonder what % of guests actually do it? The fervent fans here know how it works but doubt it's common knowledge.:confused3

I'm thinking many people may book other cruises to have something on paper. Once the new schedule is released some may cancel/rebook if they're still able to switch other variables around (airfare, vacation weeks, etc.) but coming out late of the gate could certainly backfire on DCL...maybe that'll lead to lower rates if the ships aren't booking;)

I have not gone on a DCL cruse yet. I've been trying, but it just santos worked out. With the new 10% deposit, I priced out a 2013 cruise and based on some comments her priced out RCI. $800 cheaper!!! I had no idea. I'm tempted, but we are Disney nuts, and just don't want to be disappointed.

Any predictions for classic ship destinations in the summer of 2014? How likely do you think Disney will go back to the Med and Alaska? Are those selling well enough for them to consider that?

Any predictions for classic ship destinations in the summer of 2014? How likely do you think Disney will go back to the Med and Alaska? Are those selling well enough for them to consider that?

This is what we are waiting on. Had our hearts set on Alaska 2014. Now trying to decide if we should do it with DCL in 2013 or another line in 2014.

This thread is a monster (meaning very long)...so let's please keep it on track with predictions of the 2014 dates only.

Thanks!!!

MJ

mmouse37 said:
This thread is a monster (meaning very long)...so let's please keep it on track with predictions of the 2014 dates only.

Thanks!!!

MJ

My question was about 2014. Is there another thread I should have posted on instead? If so, I will. Thanks! :)

I'm hoping they send Magic back to NYC summer of 2014. It would make a nice family Christmas gift if they come out with the dates November or December.

nhgirl said:
I'm hoping they send Magic back to NYC summer of 2014. It would make a nice family Christmas gift if they come out with the dates November or December.

Me too ... our March 2013 Fantasy cruise is 99% not happening (unless miracle airfare comes out before December 24) ... and a cruise out of NYC would be much more convenient for us.

A Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days would also be awesome (though, from what I've read, not very likely).

Whatever the case, I really hope they release 2014 before Christmas ... I would like to avoid the hassle of moving the March cruise to a dummy date in Dec. 2013 until 2014 comes out. (I've already had to move the original booking twice ... when we booked onboard, 2013 wasn't out yet, then we opted to go for the 7 night Fantasy over a 4 night Dream.)

Me too ... our March 2013 Fantasy cruise is 99% not happening (unless miracle airfare comes out before December 24) ... and a cruise out of NYC would be much more convenient for us.

A Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days would also be awesome (though, from what I've read, not very likely).

Whatever the case, I really hope they release 2014 before Christmas ... I would like to avoid the hassle of moving the March cruise to a dummy date in Dec. 2013 until 2014 comes out. (I've already had to move the original booking twice ... when we booked onboard, 2013 wasn't out yet, then we opted to go for the 7 night Fantasy over a 4 night Dream.)

Well, it's difficult to do the Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days. It takes 4 days to get there from the west coast. Not much they can do about that. I, too and hoping for Hawaii again, more Alaska, and maybe an occasional Pacific Coastal thrown in.

:cutie:

PrincessShmoo said:
Well, it's difficult to do the Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days. It takes 4 days to get there from the west coast. Not much they can do about that. I, too and hoping for Hawaii again, more Alaska, and maybe an occasional Pacific Coastal thrown in.

:cutie:

Ditto. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter