Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by minnieandmickey, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Susiesark

Susiesark DIS Veteran

Same here, but it's not sounding good for us.:sad:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Rumors were that the Magic may be back in NYC for the summer of 2014...hope so!!!

MJ

4. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

So that either means no Med or no Alaska in the summer.

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Just off the Magic this morning. :( I asked the future cruise desk about 2014 and the CM said she had no idea. Later this year is all she said. We booked for fall 2013 to move to fall 2014 on the Dream.

6. dato63

dato63 DIS Veteran

Rambled off-topic, so deleting.

7. COASTIEandMATE

COASTIEandMATE Mouseketeer

Hi Bob and Val!! Sounds like you are right about major changes!! We are going to Alaska again in 2013 and hope to meet you folks on a cruise soon!! ALOHA, Karen and Ron:goodvibes

8. MickeyMomTo2

MickeyMomTo2 Lauren S. @baseballsbows

9. ACDSNY

ACDSNY I love my job! I love my job! I love my job!

I gave up waiting for DCL and booked a Panama Canal cruise Jan 2014 with Princess. I'll just move my OBB reservation once they finally come out.

10. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

I'm worried that the fact that they haven't released the Dream/Fantasy itineraries yet means that they're waiting on the classic ships so they can release all 4 at once. Maybe they don't want people switching from one to the other? They MUST know what the new ships are doing in 13 months! I hope that if this is the case they'll hurry and release the Wonder/Magic itineraries a little earlier than last year.

11. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

I hope the delay is because they are looking for more creative routes. I will be over DCL if they made us wait this long and than come out with the same old stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

12. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Why no Alaska? The Wonder does Alaska. More likely no Med. DCL has traditionally alternated the Med with another itinerary.

:cutie:

13. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I was thinking they might change some things up but Alaska in 2014 would be great. :)

14. PrincessShmoo

It's my understanding (but I could be wrong) that DCL has contracts with the Alaskan ports for 5 years. Since they started there in 2011 that would take them to 2015 (I hope, I hope).

15. LiseG

LiseG DIS Veteran

I think I'd do Hawaii half for the destination :beach:
    ...and half for the sea days. :boat:

We did the 7-day DCL Pacific Coast Pixar Cruise. Very fun.

16. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I pretty much did Hawaii for sea days. They were so wonderful. The destination was pretty icing on the proverbial cake. :cloud9:

17. PrincessShmoo

I did Hawaii for Hawaii, and the cruise. We only started cruising in 2008 and found we love it. If it's a cruise, I'll do my best to be on it.

18. splashmommy

splashmommy SplashMommy

Our waiter last week on the Fantasy mentioned Asia in Disney's future. He did not say when though.

19. LiseG

LiseG DIS Veteran

So how about a OW to Hawaii, a couple 7-day Hawaii cruises then a OW to Asia?

Maybe tie in with Disneyland Tokyo, Hong Kong Disneyland or the new Shanghai Disney Resort set to open in Dec 2015 :cool1:

20. PrincessShmoo

Only possible problem with that is that they can't do a one way LA-Hawaii. It's against the PVSA. Now, if they were to do the one way Hawaii from either Ensenada or Vancouver, that would work. And, I'm not sure, but I don't think DCL (or any foreign-flagged ship) can do Hawaii only cruises without a foreign port stop (the closest foreign port to Hawaii is Fanning Island - 1 day away, each way).

21. disneymath

disneymath DIS Veteran

To me a 7 night Hawaii RT would be appealing ... most days spent cruising around and visiting the Hawaiian islands and 2 sea days - though I must admit, I have no idea whether or not Fanning Island would make a good stop between the sea days.