Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

Well, it's difficult to do the Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days. It takes 4 days to get there from the west coast. Not much they can do about that. I, too and hoping for Hawaii again, more Alaska, and maybe an occasional Pacific Coastal thrown in.

:cutie:
Same here, but it's not sounding good for us.:sad:

Any predictions for classic ship destinations in the summer of 2014? How likely do you think Disney will go back to the Med and Alaska? Are those selling well enough for them to consider that?

Rumors were that the Magic may be back in NYC for the summer of 2014...hope so!!!

MJ

Just off the Magic this morning. :( I asked the future cruise desk about 2014 and the CM said she had no idea. Later this year is all she said. We booked for fall 2013 to move to fall 2014 on the Dream.

Here it is, less then 2 months until 2013 and yet when I went to the DCL site to order a planning DVD for my sister, I got the following message
"The 2013 Disney Cruise Line Vacation Planning DVD is currently in production and will be ready for release very soon. While the delivery of your DVD may be temporarily delayed, rest assured that your DVD will arrive in the mail in the near future. Thank you for your patience and your interest in Disney Cruise Line."
My guess is they pulled the DVD for major changes.
Hi Bob and Val!! Sounds like you are right about major changes!! We are going to Alaska again in 2013 and hope to meet you folks on a cruise soon!! ALOHA, Karen and Ron:goodvibes

I gave up waiting for DCL and booked a Panama Canal cruise Jan 2014 with Princess. I'll just move my OBB reservation once they finally come out.

I'm worried that the fact that they haven't released the Dream/Fantasy itineraries yet means that they're waiting on the classic ships so they can release all 4 at once. Maybe they don't want people switching from one to the other? They MUST know what the new ships are doing in 13 months! I hope that if this is the case they'll hurry and release the Wonder/Magic itineraries a little earlier than last year.

I hope the delay is because they are looking for more creative routes. I will be over DCL if they made us wait this long and than come out with the same old stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

I was thinking they might change some things up but Alaska in 2014 would be great. :)

It's my understanding (but I could be wrong) that DCL has contracts with the Alaskan ports for 5 years. Since they started there in 2011 that would take them to 2015 (I hope, I hope).

Well, it's difficult to do the Hawaii cruise without a lot of sea days. It takes 4 days to get there from the west coast. Not much they can do about that. I, too and hoping for Hawaii again, more Alaska, and maybe an occasional Pacific Coastal thrown in.

I think I'd do Hawaii half for the destination :beach:
...and half for the sea days. :boat:

We did the 7-day DCL Pacific Coast Pixar Cruise. Very fun.

I think I'd do Hawaii half for the destination :beach:
...and half for the sea days. :boat:

We did the 7-day DCL Pacific Coast Pixar Cruise. Very fun.

I pretty much did Hawaii for sea days. They were so wonderful. The destination was pretty icing on the proverbial cake. :cloud9:

I pretty much did Hawaii for sea days. They were so wonderful. The destination was pretty icing on the proverbial cake. :cloud9:

I did Hawaii for Hawaii, and the cruise. We only started cruising in 2008 and found we love it. If it's a cruise, I'll do my best to be on it.

Our waiter last week on the Fantasy mentioned Asia in Disney's future. He did not say when though.

So how about a OW to Hawaii, a couple 7-day Hawaii cruises then a OW to Asia?

Maybe tie in with Disneyland Tokyo, Hong Kong Disneyland or the new Shanghai Disney Resort set to open in Dec 2015 :cool1:

So how about a OW to Hawaii, a couple 7-day Hawaii cruises then a OW to Asia?

Maybe tie in with Disneyland Tokyo, Hong Kong Disneyland or the new Shanghai Disney Resort set to open in Dec 2015 :cool1:

Only possible problem with that is that they can't do a one way LA-Hawaii. It's against the PVSA. Now, if they were to do the one way Hawaii from either Ensenada or Vancouver, that would work. And, I'm not sure, but I don't think DCL (or any foreign-flagged ship) can do Hawaii only cruises without a foreign port stop (the closest foreign port to Hawaii is Fanning Island - 1 day away, each way).

PrincessShmoo said:
Only possible problem with that is that they can't do a one way LA-Hawaii. It's against the PVSA. Now, if they were to do the one way Hawaii from either Ensenada or Vancouver, that would work. And, I'm not sure, but I don't think DCL (or any foreign-flagged ship) can do Hawaii only cruises without a foreign port stop (the closest foreign port to Hawaii is Fanning Island - 1 day away, each way).

To me a 7 night Hawaii RT would be appealing ... most days spent cruising around and visiting the Hawaiian islands and 2 sea days - though I must admit, I have no idea whether or not Fanning Island would make a good stop between the sea days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter