Any pics of people wearing way too hot of clothes?

Feralpeg said:
Worse than that, I see women wearing spike heel shoes. I just don't get it.

Last time I was there, I saw a woman wearing spiked heels. She was tripping in the tracks the whole way down Main Street. You would think that clued her in that these shoes were not appropriate. Nope, saw her again later in the day still in the shoes, tripping all over MK. :sad2:

One of my favorites was an older couple wearing jean shorts, and then she was wearing black workboots and he was wearing his jean shorts with cowboy boots.

Can not figure how to post the pic, but I promise it was something else! :rotfl2:

I have an old family photo of a Disney trip in the early 80's that tops anything I have yet to see. My very very British grandparents came for a month long visit to the states(August) and we took a few days to visit Disney (wanted them to see Epcot). I have a photo of me (a humiliated teenager) and my darling late grandfather - me wearing shorts and a tshirt and Gramps wearing a tweed jacket and a tie!!! He gardened in a tie - I treasure that photo!!!

txvjc said:
kinda on topic...when I worked at Six Flags I would see middle eastern women covered head to toe in layers of black...i would feel so sorry for them when i saw their husbands in front of them in shorts and a tee shirt
That reminds me of the family I saw in the MK, dressed like that. It was late May, the woman was all covered in black and she was pushing a heavy stroller-not only did it have the child in it, but all types of "accessories"-diaper bag, etc. She reminded me of "pack mule mom". Meanwhile the DH she was following was wearing shorts, a tank top, sandals, and was carrying nothing! I felt so bad for her!

On a different note, I just don't understand the people wearing sleeveless tops and shorts when it is 50 degrees. Folks, it gets cold in Florida during the winter. You need to bring clothes appropriate for cold and warm weather. BRRRRR!

Feralpeg said:
On a different note, I just don't understand the people wearing sleeveless tops and shorts when it is 50 degrees. Folks, it gets cold in Florida during the winter. You need to bring clothes appropriate for cold and warm weather. BRRRRR!

Yep, DS17 is one of those.
In fact he commonly wears shorts(pale hairy legs & all! :teeth: ) in 30 degree weather :scared1: I am forever harping on him to at least put on a sweatshirt :rolleyes: crap, it looks as if his parents don't care or can't afford a winter coat for the poor urchin!
for the bus stop, the kids can dress pretty lightly here--apparently, there is something called a 'winter weanie', which can be recognized by it's cold appropriate attire! :teeth:

Jean

I do wear capri jeans and some dark, light-weight material, capris at Disney just because I feel more comfy getting on and off rides wearing them but..

We went last September( HOT and humid) and saw this guy in dark jeans and a heavy winter coat at Epcot...I told my DH to look cause I was sort of confused...It was overcast some but it had to be at least 87 degrees when we saw him, dressed for a blizzard in the Colorado mountains.

Just don't get it. :confused3

We saw this guy at Epcot in July. It was so so so so so hot that day. We couldn't resist taking a picture of the cool guy in tight jeans and a popped collar.

78460too_hot_600_x_800_-med.jpg

Is the jeans w/polo thing uncommon? That seems like pretty normal summer attire, I mean I live in the south where it is hot all the time but I just don't see wearing jeans in the summer as abnormal.

I live in Texas, and wear jeans, blue and black, "ALL" the time. I also wear my ropper boots wtih them. I wouldn't be cought dead in shorts. Wearing jeans during the summer here is normal for me. The summer temps of 104+ just don't bother me. I'm out in the heat a lot. So wearing jeans to WDW is just as normal for me as you wearing shorts.

jonestavern said:
Yep, DS17 is one of those.
In fact he commonly wears shorts(pale hairy legs & all! :teeth: ) in 30 degree weather :scared1: I am forever harping on him to at least put on a sweatshirt :rolleyes: crap, it looks as if his parents don't care or can't afford a winter coat for the poor urchin!
for the bus stop, the kids can dress pretty lightly here--apparently, there is something called a 'winter weanie', which can be recognized by it's cold appropriate attire! :teeth:

Jean

There was a boy like that in my dorm when I was in college...he wore shorts when we had 10 inches of snow. I'm someone who in the winter feels like the wind is in my bones...it was literally painful for me when I saw him getting ready to walk to class....Oh well, to each his own.

Feralpeg said:

My dh is like that too. I'd be willing to bet large amounts of money that my ds will be too. He's so hot natured that we keep have to keep his hair buzzed, otherwise he sweats whenever he runs around and plays. I, on the other hand, get cold so easily, as does our dd.

don't mean to suddenly depress this thread, but I had a spot on my forehead diagnosed as a basal cell carcinoma last month--fortunately, a very mild, slow-spreading kind of skin cancer. And I'm someone who has always slathered on the sunscreen!!! I usually wear capris or jeans at WDW with a short sleeved T-shirt or blouse, but I think I really need to cover up my arms on our May trip...maybe a t-shirt with a very lightweight long-sleeved shirt on over it, but unbuttoned? Still new territory to me. Also, last year, DS9 got sunburned on the back of his neck (!), so maybe that's why the guy in the photo had the popped collar...I just may suggest that to DS if we're stuck in line with the sun at his back again!

Karla B. princess:

Feralpeg said:
I am willing to bet that those people are from northern states where it is very cold. 50 degrees feels warm to some people. Not me I have to have 70 and above, but my DH would and is one of those with shorts in FL. When it is 50 in the winter.

BeNJeNWaFFLe said:
Last time I was there, I saw a woman wearing spiked heels. She was tripping in the tracks the whole way down Main Street. You would think that clued her in that these shoes were not appropriate. Nope, saw her again later in the day still in the shoes, tripping all over MK. :sad2:

Yea, but I'll bet her calves looked good! :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1 :blush:

BabyFu18 said:
Is the jeans w/polo thing uncommon? That seems like pretty normal summer attire, I mean I live in the south where it is hot all the time but I just don't see wearing jeans in the summer as abnormal.

It wasn't just the jeans and polo. It was the tight jeans and the popped collar that made us laugh. We thought he had to be miserable because it was so hot. I wore capris on our first day and I was literally dripping sweat down my legs. I would have died in jeans.

I also wear jeans. I don't like how I look or feel in shorts. For me, I don't see how capris are that much cooler than jeans. I sunburn very easily, so the less exposed skin, the better.

In Dec 04 it was downright cold at WDW for a few days.
I had to dress in layers even though my winters are cold. I was surprised how cold it got.

I saw many folks wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts even though it was 38 degrees in the morning. Perhaps they didn't pack warmer clothing. I even saw a mother with 2 toddlers with short sleeved shirts in a stroller. :sad2: They had to be freezing, especially at Epcot near that water. It was downright frigid.

:confused3
disneysnowflake said:
In Dec 04 it was downright cold at WDW for a few days.
I had to dress in layers even though my winters are cold. I was surprised how cold it got.

I saw many folks wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts even though it was 38 degrees in the morning. Perhaps they didn't pack warmer clothing. I even saw a mother with 2 toddlers with short sleeved shirts in a stroller. :sad2: They had to be freezing, especially at Epcot near that water. It was downright frigid.

That's not all that uncommon anymore. Yesterday the sun was bright and it was a great day. It looked warm but the wind was cutting right through (it wasn't that warm). I saw a number of parents? with their kids in light weight short sleeve outfits, no hat, no coats...unbelievable. Oh yea, btw, the adults were wearing parkas and knit hats. What are they thinking? Perhaps they are not! Again the loss of any common sense.

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter