Any other passholders annoyed at rumors of possible 60 day blackouts for new attactions?

If that continues to be the trend...which it definitely seems to have picked up...they will eliminate that too...

DVC renting takes those away that could buy rack...or
Better yet buy DVC for themselves

I can't believe they haven't already-- Maybe they will do a ROFR on the rental every time someone rents their points-- so you will have to pay a much higher rental rate to pass......... :tiptoe:/:smokin:

I can't believe they haven't already-- Maybe they will do a ROFR on the rental every time someone rents their points-- so you will have to pay a much higher rental rate to pass......... :tiptoe:/:smokin:
Me neither, Dave...

I thought that would have been smacked down immediately when it became a thing.

DVC renting is only advantageous to Disney if they have a problem filling DVC rooms - which we know hasn't really been an issue for 10+ years.

I think the widespread use of renting is exaggerated...as in it doesn't go on as much as it seems to me in conversations or hanging around the DIS

If lots of people were doing it...and elaborate scheme of rules and restrictions would be rolling out.

Me neither, Dave...

I thought that would have been smacked down immediately when it became a thing.

DVC renting is only advantageous to Disney if they have a problem filling DVC rooms - which we know hasn't really been an issue for 10+ years.

I think the widespread use of renting is exaggerated...as in it doesn't go on as much as it seems to me in conversations or hanging around the DIS

If lots of people were doing it...and elaborate scheme of rules and restrictions would be rolling out.

I'm just not sure-- When I look at how many rental agencies there are, it seems there may be quite a few owners who rent-- And with the current price of ownership, I would think the rental costs would be much more than it is.

Sorry OT moving along....

4. I don't even disagree with a thing you said...just disappointed that your saying the company line...even if sardonically

1) Yep.
2) Fully understand, and agree with, your point of view.
3) Although not a Company-Man, I do have to respect their view.
4) I applaud and criticize both guests and WDW, where warranted, as most viewers have seen.
5) I don't agree this is the best for guests, but IF it comes to pass, one needs to appreciate the reason(s).
. . . remember, this is still a rumor
. . . maybe a strong rumor, but still a rumor
. . . to me, I don't agree with ANY blackouts for passholders (except those passes marketed/sold that way, like Seasonal Passes)
. . . to me, I don't want employees to have blackout dates, but have to accept why they exist

As long as they don't block out the regular priced APs, I'm good with it. I'm super jealous that some get to pay less than $300 a pass, and I would gladly trade experiences on new rides for that kind of price break. The price difference between the two could pay for a whole extra trip for us to go down two months later and ride the attractions we missed out on.

So - a question....

What pass must I buy THIS WEEK to avoid blackouts, delays, and general screwing around?

This WAS the Platinum Pass. Should I look for a Plutonium Pass?

Seriously - WDW tell me the price, stop screwing around.

So - a question....

What pass must I buy THIS WEEK to avoid blackouts, delays, and general screwing around?

This WAS the Platinum Pass. Should I look for a Plutonium Pass?

Seriously - WDW tell me the price, stop screwing around.

Brave new world, huh?

As long as they don't block out the regular priced APs, I'm good with it. I'm super jealous that some get to pay less than $300 a pass, and I would gladly trade experiences on new rides for that kind of price break. The price difference between the two could pay for a whole extra trip for us to go down two months later and ride the attractions we missed out on.

What's a a "regular AP"?

You see...that's the core of this thread: it's a moving target and may start moving even more...

If you're worried about the top of the line prices pass...then no...no blackouts. Is that you're definition of "normal"?

Ok...how about they jack it to $1050 a year like Disneyland? Cause that happened.

Or how abou they say "you know what?...double to do in Orlando...it's gonna be proportional so $1650 for the "titanium/uranium alloy pass"...that's fair"

Still want that "normal" pass? How jealous are you of those Florida passes then?

Quite the slippery slope...

I am still fascinated to see how they police this if it comes in. Rides themselves actually tied to the grade of your entance ticket!

Oh oh oh introduce that orginal retro system back in Walts day where we buy a book of tickets and tear out each ride. Colour coded rides for more expensive.

For a while now I have felt there is going to be one entrance price then going to be so you now want to ride? Extra please. The new walkers pass. No rides you can just look around... :flower1:

I am still fascinated to see how they police this if it comes in. Rides themselves actually tied to the grade of your entrance ticket!
Right now the scanners at the rides are not tied in any way to the ticketing portion of the WDW IT systems. That is why you can use multiple sets of bands to get extra FP+. In other words, to restrict access at the ride level they would have to implement a major system change. If it were easy to do, they would have done so a long time ago to stop patrons from gaming the FP+ system (something that they all know is happening but are unable to stop many years after implementation).

Right now, a change like this would have to restrict access at the park level. I just don't see that happening.

Right now the scanners at the rides are not tied in any way to the ticketing portion of the WDW IT systems. That is why you can use multiple sets of bands to get extra FP+. In other words, to restrict access at the ride level they would have to implement a major system change. If it were easy to do, they would have done so a long time ago to stop patrons from gaming the FP+ system (something that they all know is happening but are unable to stop many years after implementation).

Right now, a change like this would have to restrict access at the park level. I just don't see that happening.

No or me. the money it would cost why bother? Maybe it means you can't book FP+ with AP on new attractions at block outs.

Ok...how about they jack it to $1050 a year like Disneyland?

I have no doubt this will happen. Whether Disney has a 60-day restriction or not, they are guaranteed to jack up prices. No one is forcing us to buy APs, we do it to save money. If it is not cost effective, we don't get them. Everyone has that option of buying regular park tickets if they don't like the AP prices/rules.

I have no doubt this will happen. Whether Disney has a 60-day restriction or not, they are guaranteed to jack up prices. No one is forcing us to buy APs, we do it to save money. If it is not cost effective, we don't get them. Everyone has that option of buying regular park tickets if they don't like the AP prices/rules.

My point...as always...is that WE supply the rope they tie around our necks...

And everybody gets to their breaking point and most cry foul when it happens. Long term thinking

Couldn't they just change the "manage your passes" portion of the website to only allow one band active at any given time? Doesn't seem too hard to me.....

I have a terrible memory but seem to remember special AP preview days in DCA before Carsland officially opened. I'm not an AP, but think that would be a great perk (I remember being very envious!), while helping to solve the problem.

You have a separate MDE account for the second band.

Ok--- so if you can only have one band active, it would be the same one on both accounts. I wasn't suggesting anything about a second account, but only to allow one band active at any given time. The band has a specific number. Once one is activated, remove the availability of other numbered bands to be active. Still not hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter