Any other passholders annoyed at rumors of possible 60 day blackouts for new attactions?

Here's my conspiracy theory - I DO think they're already "throttling", so to speak, certain APs from getting certain FP+s in advance.

I've been here since the 20th and have gone into the parks nearly daily, and have had no problem getting things like SDMT or FEA the night before or morning of with a few time options. I have a Platinum Plus AP.

My Mom has been trying as well and finally got FEA last week - for Nov. 4. She has a Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass.

My husband couldn't make Soarin' FP+ this weekend, even though they showed up for me (we were booking independently) - he has a Florida Resident Silver pass.

A lot do. Its just how they look at things. Disney loves the once in a lifetime visitor more than the AP holder. They know they have gotten the AP holder hooked and that AP holder is more likely going to spend less in the parks in merchandise and food. Once in a lifetime visitors are going to buy the dining plan, buy the mickey ears with custom stitching, buy the dessert party, etc.

This is a big problem IMO. They're taking the exceptional, best-case scenario and trying to skew their business model to mostly only attract that type of customer. It's a crummy strategy because it almost guarantees that having fleeced the first-timers to da max, they'll never become second timers. And they'll tell their friends, yeah it was fun in Orlando but I don't when we'll ever go back because it was just so expensive and complicated.

It's like a car company who makes their bread and butter selling thousands of sensible economy vehicles for a small profit margin but who make a ton of profit on every luxury vehicle they sell ... then decides that they can afford to blow off their thousands of middle-class customers and try to funnel as many people as possible into their luxury line of products. And convince them to buy cupcake - errr, creampuff - upgrades on their whole product line. But secretly they start building the luxury vehicles with more and more parts and technology lifted from their economy vehicles.

Here's my conspiracy theory - I DO think they're already "throttling", so to speak, certain APs from getting certain FP+s in advance.

I've been here since the 20th and have gone into the parks nearly daily, and have had no problem getting things like SDMT or FEA the night before or morning of with a few time options. I have a Platinum Plus AP.

My Mom has been trying as well and finally got FEA last week - for Nov. 4. She has a Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass.

My husband couldn't make Soarin' FP+ this weekend, even though they showed up for me (we were booking independently) - he has a Florida Resident Silver pass.
The term "throttling" is a good way to put it. I would be furious if I were a AP holder and this came about.

So Disney doesn't appreciate the AP holder/ local that much because they don't spend the amount of money they want in the parks? And this is why they are doing this?

Well that is total BS! What if an AP holder were to book a one night stay at a resort, or campground?

:confused3:confused3

Yeah well we only have a FL Gold and got FEA less than 24 hours out, and have no problems with FP+ any more than when we had Platinum Plus (we switched in August).

:chat:

Lots of talk on this which causes lots of assumptions and exaggerations.

- A while ago there was a SURVEY asking guests what they thought about an AP with ride restrictions.
- Basically end of story.
- SURVEY, one of many where most never come to play.... still waiting on my robe and tv as computer in moderates.
- No where did it state current APs would be restricted.
- Common sense says they would sell an AP where guests would know up front it is restricted, like they do now.

I have FL weekday only also. I haven't had much trouble making FP but I haven't waited til last minute at all. The fact that we would be discriminated against is really troubling to me. I might be weekday only but plan to go at least once a month, and also stay over at least some of those trips also. We like to fine dine. The fact that the type of ticket would put us on some restricted list is really awful.

:confused3:confused3

Yeah well we only have a FL Gold and got FEA less than 24 hours out, and have no problems with FP+ any more than when we had Platinum Plus (we switched in August).

:chat:

Lots of talk on this which causes lots of assumptions and exaggerations.

- A while ago there was a SURVEY asking guests what they thought about an AP with ride restrictions.
- Basically end of story.
- SURVEY, one of many where most never come to play.... still waiting on my robe and tv as computer in moderates.
- No where did it state current APs would be restricted.
- Common sense says they would sell an AP where guests would know up front it is restricted, like they do now.
What I meant with the resort night was if they booked a night would'nt they get a fastpass at 60 days out with that reservation whether or not they were a AP holder or not?

What I meant with the resort night was if they booked a night would'nt they get a fastpass at 60 days out with that reservation whether or not they were a AP holder or not?

I think part of my questioning is why has a simple question in a survey turned in to Disney is on some agenda against AP holders when nothing like that has come out.

If a guest has purchased an AP that comes with restrictions, then yes, they know they can not use their ticket on certain dates with our without a hotel reservation. If you have a current Weekday pass and book a hotel Friday and Saturday, you do so knowing you can not go in the park on Saturday and Sunday.

I currently have a Gold Pass which blocks me over the holidays. I now want to go NYE and have booked a Disney hotel. I am at my 60 day mark. I know I can not go in with my ticket, and I can not book FP+ even though I have a hotel reservation. I will have to buy a one day ticket or upgrade my pass. This was a follow up question that if they were blocked on their particular AP, would they upgrade or buy a one day ticket. I guess for me, that would be yes now that I want to go NYE.

So, yes if a guest bought one of these APs they know that they will have park restrictions just like those APs with restrictions do now and regardless of hotel reservation they will not be able to book FP+. It is already happening.

I think part of my questioning is why has a simple question in a survey turned in to Disney is on some agenda against AP holders when nothing like that has come out.

If a guest has purchased an AP that comes with restrictions, then yes, they know they can not use their ticket on certain dates with our without a hotel reservation. If you have a current Weekday pass and book a hotel Friday and Saturday, you do so knowing you can not go in the park on Saturday and Sunday.

I currently have a Gold Pass which blocks me over the holidays. I now want to go NYE and have booked a Disney hotel. I am at my 60 day mark. I know I can not go in with my ticket, and I can not book FP+ even though I have a hotel reservation. I will have to buy a one day ticket or upgrade my pass. This was a follow up question that if they were blocked on their particular AP, would they upgrade or buy a one day ticket. I guess for me, that would be yes now that I want to go NYE.

So, yes if a guest bought oogne of these APs they know that they will have park restrictions just like those APs with restrictions do now and regardless of hotel reservation they will not be able to book FP+. It is already happening.
Oh, ok, I see that. I could see them selling AP with the new ride restrictions and ones without it. Still a sorry move on their part if they do so. But, nothing surprises me anymore. But in all honesty, I would still love to be closer and have some type of AP.:rolleyes:

Oh, ok, I see that. I could see them selling AP with the new ride restrictions and ones without it. Still a sorry move on their part if they do so. But, nothing surprises me anymore. But in all honesty, I would still love to be closer and have some type of AP.:rolleyes:

No it wouldn't be because the guest buying the pass knows what they are able and not able to do. They agree to give up those rides at opening in order to save money.

I'm not even sure how they would implement it because honestly they would probably block you out of the park entirely once they have an open date. So planning ahead would be hard given the Disney track record on announcing legit opening dates. The only way to let them in to the park but not on the ride is to scan EVERYONE going on a ride and that would be insane. I really think they didn't think this thing through -- implementation on many levels would be a pain.

No it wouldn't be because the guest buying the pass knows what they are able and not able to do. They agree to give up those rides at opening in order to save money.

I'm not even sure how they would implement it because honestly they would probably block you out of the park entirely once they have an open date. So planning ahead would be hard given the Disney track record on announcing legit opening dates. The only way to let them in to the park but not on the ride is to scan EVERYONE going on a ride and that would be insane. I really think they didn't think this thing through -- implementation on many levels would be a pain.
Well I think it would be a sorry move on their part. But, if it did knock off a nice chunk of change off of the price, that might sweeten the deal for many.

I have a weekday only pass, with blackout dates. I wouldn't go on one of those times, so I would expect equal access to any ride on the says my pass is valid.

You know the restrictions on your pass.

And if this ever comes to pass, I am sure this pass would also be sold with full disclosure of what days they can use their pass .... and that is where the cluster will begin. Disney just hasn't been able to give open dates far enough in advance to make a block out date based on ride opening AP work well.

Blocking only a ride would mean scanning every guest trying to ride which would cause a huge backup since they will not only have the scan time but will have to watch the screen carefully and be prepared to block folks .... I don't see this happening. This could probably be worked around anyway.

I think the pass would have to be very reduced in cost or the number purchasing would not be worth the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter