Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

I must be the only October guest that doesn't want to be part of the test. :)

Nope, I'm with you. Not only would I not participate in a test if invited, I have no desire to ever use the Magic Bands. I hope that when FP+/MM+ is fully rolled out, RFID cards will still be an option.

I hope that when FP+/MM+ is fully rolled out, RFID cards will still be an option.

Disney has said that use of a MagicBand is optional. RFID cards will be still available if you don't want to use a MagicBand. Off-site guests using MYW tickets will get RFID cards by default, or can optionally purchase MagicBands.

Has anyone planned out what FP+ they would want in each park? I have a short list based on what we like to ride. Some of the headliners like RnRC and TOT are not big hits with all of my family. Those that are interested can opt for single rider or hopefully pull a regular FP.

Curious if anyone else has made their lists for when it opens up.

I keep reminding myself I need to do this to get "prepared" for if the FP+ opens up for Oct. :) Thanks for the reminder, maybe I'll actually do it today :rotfl:

The railroad is closed in October? Is there a website for what is closed and when?

I keep seeing conflicting reports, some sites are reporting till Oct 20, other not till November. Not sure which to believe. Hoping it's Oct 20th.

We are hoping to get the Magic bands and use FastPass+ for our trip, checking in to Pop on Oct 19th. So watching this thread...and all others :lmao:

We are at Pop with FD package from Oct 19-26. I'm going to do online check-in tomorrow (we will be 60 days out) and I'm curious to see if any new FP+/MB options open up.

We are going Oct 26th-Nov 3rd with a BCV/AKL (Jambo) split stay, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread! We are excited at the possibility to test it out and have a good idea of what FP+ we would pick each day. Keeping my fingers crossed!

My DD and I will be staying at CBR. We booked room only, the last week of Oct. We are also signed up to do DME.

Is anyone staying at Carribean beach? are they part of the testing? I hope they are, that would make my trip so much easier.

nope;), there are many of us who are awaiting the 'real' test when it's rolled out to everybody. Right now with limited numbers using it I'm not surprised as to the positive reviews...time will tell. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Disney has said that use of a MagicBand is optional. RFID cards will be still available if you don't want to use a MagicBand. Off-site guests using MYW tickets will get RFID cards by default, or can optionally purchase MagicBands.

It'd be a PR nightmare if they required everybody to wear the bands in order to enter the parks. the million $ question is what % of FP, if any, will non MB guests be able to obtain the 'day of' visiting a park.

We are staying at the Poly Sept 28th - Oct 5th. I have a room only for the 28th and separate booking for the 29th-5th. We were able to order two sets of bands, one for just the 28th, and the other set for the rest of the week. We won'yt go to the parks until the 29th of sept so I hope they unlock the FP+ selections soon.

We are at Pop with FD package from Oct 19-26. I'm going to do online check-in tomorrow (we will be 60 days out) and I'm curious to see if any new FP+/MB options open up.

We are coming into pop centuy on the 20th thru the 25th. hoping to see FP+ and MB open up. See you their

Oct 18-26th at POR for DH and I - just did our 60 day online check in today. Wasn't initially sure how I felt about the whole Magic Bands thing but kinda excited at even the possibility of testing them. If we get picked, we are definitely in! Hope some of us DISers out here get to test them out! After all, who is better qualified than us! :disrocks:

Well, DH and I are going to BLT for 3 nights in October and then we're going with all the inlaws (15 of us in total) to AKV-Kadani in Dec for 5 nights. I'd rather not be part of FP+ for either trip (I am very happy with current FP system). But if it's live to all guests in Dec, then I'd kind of prefer we also get it in Oct (so we'll know the ins and outs for Dec). I suspect we will NOT be able to get it in Oct but will HAVE TO do it in Dec....ggggrrrrrr :crazy2:.

Subscribing.... will be at WL from 10/19-10/26.

Man, I sure hope the railroad will be open then. :eek:

Subscribing.... will be at WL from 10/19-10/26.

Man, I sure hope the railroad will be open then. :eek:

The latest news I heard was that the railroad would be closed for the whole month of October.

Online check-in to your resort has not been a requirement to make FP+ reservations or customize MagicBands.

The latest news I heard was that the railroad would be closed for the whole month of October.

The latest refurb calendars has the railroad refurb ending Oct. 20.

Oct 18-26th at POR for DH and I - just did our 60 day online check in today. Wasn't initially sure how I felt about the whole Magic Bands thing but kinda excited at even the possibility of testing them. If we get picked, we are definitely in! Hope some of us DISers out here get to test them out! After all, who is better qualified than us! :disrocks:

Word is that everyone at POR who checks in Sept 3 and after will be part of the FP+ and MB testing. So far though no dates after September 29 have opened up for FP+ reservations. Those with dates before the 29th have been able to schedule FP and customize MB's. trying to wait patiently for Oct dates to open up....

Doesn't seem like anyone with oct dates have been asked to participate yet. Unless I have missed something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter