Any OCTOBER guests received FP+ testing invite?

We're staying off-site, last week in October. I've linked one of my paper tickets from UT to MDE in the hopes that I'll be notified in case we need to schedule FP+ stuff. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too.

Question:

I have never manually "linked" my tickets or reservations with MDE. But they have always shown up under "My Reservations" without issues (knock on wood), maybe because I booked a package directly through Disney. Does this mean I'm already "linked" and don't need to do that step IF we get selected for testing?

TIA!

We're at POR from October 6-17. While I don't like the concept of FP+, I could live with it. Fact is, we weren't planning on using Fast Pass that much anyway by always hitting rope drop. With two rope drop days at HS, Epcot, and AK, you really don't need FP in those parks as long as you are content riding things once (which we are okay with). MK does require the use of FP, regardless of whether you hit rope drop or not, but we plan on being in and out of there enough to make it work.

That said, my fear with this rollout is not the FP+, it's the wristband. Too many stories of people getting stuck at park entrance because their bands don't work for my taste. I put too much planning into the trip and value rope drop too much to be content getting stuck at the turnstiles and miss the first 30-45 minutes of the day.

Split stay staying off-site Oct 5-9 then at the Contemporary Oct 10-12. Excited that we may get one last go at the old system as well as test the new MM+! I keep checking MDE as well as modifying check-in as others have said but nothing yet.

I hope that they include Grand Floridian in October we are there for a whole week! We are also at POFQ in November.

We are curiously awaiting further report on this too. I'm mixed on FP+ but would love to try it and see for ourselves. SSR oct 17-26

Poly, Oct. 3-8 for us.

I tested FP+ last September while at AKL and hated it, but I was with a first-timer.

Would love to try it with my seasoned family & get to schedule the rides we hate to wait for (Peter Pan, I'm lookin' at you, kid.)

Pop 10/1 to 10/5. Would be great to test. Helped test last Sept and really enjoyed the parade seating.

We're at AKV Jambo from Oct 4 - 13. I keep checking to see if I can make FP+ selections and get the irritating pop up telling me that I can't. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

We r staying at kidani sept21-28 and have been told jombo house is involved but not us:(
The. We r moving to BC from 28-oct 5 and we are able to do magic band there I have booked the 28 fp+ but can not book past that I have not been able to order bands yet
Keep checking MDE and if we r eligable and reservation is linked it will just pop up when it's ready a cast member said they send out the email about 17 days before your arrival day

So, is Riverside part of an October test or not,as alluded to earlier in this thread? I've not received notification and, as of this morning, am unable to make any FP+ selections. Only 49 days out, so we're within the 60 day window that is touted for FP+.

Question:

I have never manually "linked" my tickets or reservations with MDE. But they have always shown up under "My Reservations" without issues (knock on wood), maybe because I booked a package directly through Disney. Does this mean I'm already "linked" and don't need to do that step IF we get selected for testing?

TIA!

Yes, if you bought your tickets through Disney (via a package), they're already assigned to your MDE account.

Have been watching the test rollout of the Magic Bands and FP+ for Sept and am keen to see if we'll be involved in Oct. We're at the BC from the 4th – 14th Oct. We're from the UK so will let people know if we get the option to order MBs etc. Will keep you posted.

Anybody have any info on which resorts will be included in testing in Nov. WL in particular.

We r staying at kidani sept21-28 and have been told jombo house is involved but not us:(
The. We r moving to BC from 28-oct 5 and we are able to do magic band there I have booked the 28 fp+ but can not book past that I have not been able to order bands yet
Keep checking MDE and if we r eligable and reservation is linked it will just pop up when it's ready a cast member said they send out the email about 17 days before your arrival day

Thanks for the info. Let us know if FP+ opens for you after September 28!

I know that many people have trouble with the MDE so I am hoping that once October opens up we can all let each other know about it!

Has anyone planned out what FP+ they would want in each park? I have a short list based on what we like to ride. Some of the headliners like RnRC and TOT are not big hits with all of my family. Those that are interested can opt for single rider or hopefully pull a regular FP.

Curious if anyone else has made their lists for when it opens up.

Poly, Oct. 3-8 for us.

I tested FP+ last September while at AKL and hated it, but I was with a first-timer.

Would love to try it with my seasoned family & get to schedule the rides we hate to wait for (Peter Pan, I'm lookin' at you, kid.)

This is off topic kinda but isn't Peter Pan closed during this week?

So, is Riverside part of an October test or not,as alluded to earlier in this thread? I've not received notification and, as of this morning, am unable to make any FP+ selections. Only 49 days out, so we're within the 60 day window that is touted for FP+.

We are 49 days out too!

The first two weeks of Oct is within the 60 day window, but FP Plus is not fully rolled out. Right now it is still considered 'testing' so because of that no one has access to Oct FP+ till it is activated. Access does not seem to be 60 days out in general - but when the month opens up it seems to open for everyone within a specific window (I think it was like at 3 weeks, people were able to do FP+ for some Sept folk)

You are not alone - keep in mind this is testing, and not general release to the public...yet. that could change tomorrow, but I only know what is happening as of this very second based on other's posts.

You bet...as soon as someone can do anything in Oct...it will be on the boards.

Tomorrow, testing could be cancelled - you just never know. Communication seems to go out about 17-15 days before, but I have been checking a few times a week to see if my dates in Oct (Poly, Oct 6-13) have opened up.

My wife called Riverside today. They confirmed they would be part of testing in October, but could not confirm whether or not our party would be selected to participate. Said we would get an email if we were chosen to be part of the test group. I was under the impression that, if your resort was chosen, you would automatically be part of the test. Apparently, that is not true.

I'm kind of bummed... As we are staying in the FW cabins and I'm assuming that will be the last place that will offer the magic bands. I tried to book PoR at first, but there weren't any rooms available under free dining. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter