Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

What about the other resorts? I am staying at Carribean Beach in November, will it be added? How do you contact the Magic Band Department?

I called Guest Services and simply said "MagicBands" when the recorder asked why I was calling. They connected me right a way.

Maybe there is no more testing and it will just available to everyone. : )

I really hope so. I don't see SSR being added soon but I'm hoping for the best. How come others can already order FP+s for November? I really want to try it out.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I called Guest Services and simply said "MagicBands" when the recorder asked why I was calling. They connected me right a way.
Ill be. All the fretting and speculation on this site and that's all you have to do. Wonder why noone thought of that before?:rotfl:

My inkling from following every thread on this topic is that testing will end October 31, and all guests from November onward will get magic bands and FP+. Or maybe it's just the way I WANT to see things!

As I said in a previous post, I do not think CMs have a clue what is happening, I have been told testing was stopping because it was going to resort wide rollout before the end of October, another time was told that new resorts were to be added through October and November for testing and on another occasion I was told that my resort (POFQ) was being added to the testing phase starting after October 31st! It's all very confusing!

As for the ticket issues on MDE that I see some people reporting, I too have problems with my tickets on MDE. I have called and been told that everything is fine and that the tickets are not showing because as yet they are not an actual physical ticket, I was told they would show when the MBs were available for that period and I asked if that meant we would get them and he said more resorts were being added through October and November so there was a good chance we would but if not it would be a KTTW card. I bought my whole package (well, not flights) through the Disney site and my tickets were there on MDE for a few days but vanished again, the only tickets I see are my MVMCP tickets for now. I am sure your tickets are on the system with your reservation but for some reason they do not show on MDE.

My inkling from following every thread on this topic is that testing will end October 31, and all guests from November onward will get magic bands and FP+. Or maybe it's just the way I WANT to see things!

Oooh! I really really hope so! Although others don't think it's likely. :(

You know what? I am going to adopt the same thinking Picktails. I'm with you! :thumbsup2

Maybe we just get the answer the CM wants to give us when we call. If they feel like giving us hope they say "sure there is testing in November for all resorts who are already being tested, keep an eye out for your invite" or "sorry no more testing for November or December wait for January for everyone to get it".
I am getting a bit annoyed by all the different answers those of us who have made phone calls are getting. :crazy2: It is not right. The CMs should all have the same answer. Disney knows they are going to get a ton of phone calls about FP+ they should be giving all their CMs the same info therefor we should be hearing the same info. Why don't they know what is happening in November, come on it is September. These people are paid big bucks and they have been working out the kinks for quite a while.
Sorry about all the venting :mic: :crazy:
I am trying to make our plans for each day and feel like I need to be making 2, one for if we get FP+ and one for if we don't. Kind of a pain in the butt! :eek:

Ok now I feel better :lmao: I hope we get info on our MDE soon. I have given up on the CMs.

I have the same issue as you. i called IT and am in a queue to get this system glitch fixed. they are fixing it based on date of arrival. In a nutshell, your tickets are not linked to your resort reservations so if and when you are allowed to make fp+, the system won't know your travel window.

Read more about my follow-up in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49540462#post49540462

I would call IT and have them raise a ticket. let me know how you make out.

Maybe I will call IT back tomorrow just too irritated to deal with the whole mess again today!

I get the same screen with the Sept. dates.

Thank you moderator, I respect your decision. I would never knowingly violate any DIS policy however; I would like to point out why this is confusing to me. The September Invite thread has been discussing the ghost reservation issue for 4 weeks. There are over 100 pages since the room only/ghost reservation discussion began and hundreds of posts contain some reference to the subject. There have been many posts by DIS Veterans on the September thread (and other threads) disseminating the same information I provided here in a previous post that was deemed inappropriate. The September thread alone has 179 pages, and close to 154,000 views and Ive read every page. Some posters have called the room only/ghost reservation unethical but Ive not seen anyone reference the subject matter as inappropriate and against DIS policy.

There are threads on how to get the FP+ system to give you the bonus fp for MK, how to use FP- and FP+ at the same time (double dipping), how to get multiple FP- during the same time frame using old KTTW cards (triple+ dipping), and how to make a BOG reservation for lunch without having been invited. These are subjects that have only come to light in the past month. Refillable RFID mugs would have to be included in this as well.

Im not saying these subjects do or do not violate a DIS policy. What Im saying is I hope you understand my confusion in hearing today that a room only/ghost reservation is not appropriate when it and other similar subjects are discussed so freely throughout this forum.

I agree!

I really hope so. I don't see SSR being added soon but I'm hoping for the best. How come others can already order FP+s for November? I really want to try it out.

People who can book FP+ for November fall into 2 categories right now:

1. People who check-in during October at a test resort and their stay goes into November.

2. People checking in during November but who already received bands from a test resort earlier (Aug/Sept/Oct).

Maybe a glimmer of hope for November check-ins. There are now lots of reports that as of today, all resorts (magic band testing and non magic band testing) checking in during October are able to make FP+ selections (no magic bands yet though). Looks like they are starting to open up the system, for all resort guests to get FP+ and Magicbands.

Maybe open up FP+ to everyone in October (maybe give everyone in October who cant customize grey bands) and by November both FP+ and customized MagicBands for all resort guests.

EDIT: It appears all resorts are able to customize MagicBands for October now. There was that glitch where you had to do the check-in again. After they did that, they could customize MagicBands (for resorts like BLT, CSR, BWI, etc.). Looks like a full October 1st rollout. :)))

Maybe a glimmer of hope for November check-ins. There are now lots of reports that as of today, all resorts (magic band testing and non magic band testing) checking in during October are able to make FP+ selections (no magic bands yet though). Looks like they are starting to open up the system, especially the FP+.

Maybe open up FP+ to everyone in October (maybe give everyone in October who cant customize grey bands) and by November both FP+ and customized MagicBands for all resort guests.

When October first came on line for the testing resorts there were a lot of reports of FP+ opening first and the MB customization following a bit later. I am guessing that is what is happening here.

In any event, I can't see them adding all of the resorts for the second half of October and then suspending the system in November. I think this bodes well for a full roll out.

Edited to Add...Many other threads have posters reporting that MBs will become available if you go back into on line check in and then click submit/done.

Is it confirmed that all the resorts are added now? I thought it was just some more.

So far I have only seen posts about three or four new resorts. Come on October reservation people! Get out there and let us November reservation people know what's going on! :cheer2:

So far I have only seen posts about three or four new resorts. Come on October reservation people! Get out there and let us November reservation people know what's going on! :cheer2:

So far I have seen posts from the following new resorts that can do FP+ and MagicBands for October:

BLT, BWI, POFQ, CSR, GFV

I haven't seen anyone yet say they can't book FP+ and Magicbands yet since about 3pm this afternoon (mind you some of them were told they have 24 hrs to customize the bands since they are less then 30 days from check-in.)

Some are reporting it not working at all for them, maybe just some new resorts being added and not full rollout???....guess we will see. Here's to hoping for you November folks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter