Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

So for those of us going in November, will it still be in testing phase? Just rolled out to all resorts for testing?? I am so worried about how all of this will affect our trip. I am trying not to think about it, but the planner in me is worried. Should we still be able to pull regular FP- in November if we participate in MB and FP+? Also, we are going in April as well. If we get MBs now will we HAVE TO participate in FP+ in April? Not sure we want to give up FP- until we have to.

I am at 60 day mark, it now allowed me to add my credit card on MDE (it did not allow me to yesterday, I kept getting an error), but when I attempt to do online check in, it keeps giving an error at the very end.

I will try to do "step 2" tomorrow evening........

It is really sad that a company as large as Disney has this many problems with online tech updates............

It let me for a "split second" click on Fast Pass Plus, I saw a calendar to add & then "poof", it VERY quickly removed the screen & no longer allowed me to access it............ Gotta love it !!!

Note... all my reservations, room, tickets, Dining Reservations have been all done online thru Disneyworld.com............ I will let the group know if I get any new activity tomorrow..........

What a great support group we have here on the DIS !!! Love you guys !!! Here is to counting down the days !!!!

:santa::santa::santa:

I am at 60 day mark, it now allowed me to add my credit card on MDE (it did not allow me to yesterday, I kept getting an error), but when I attempt to do online check in, it keeps giving an error at the very end.

I will try to do "step 2" tomorrow evening........

It is really sad that a company as large as Disney has this many problems with online tech updates............

It let me for a "split second" click on Fast Pass Plus, I saw a calendar to add & then "poof", it VERY quickly removed the screen & no longer allowed me to access it............ Gotta love it !!!

Note... all my reservations, room, tickets, Dining Reservations have been all done online thru Disneyworld.com............ I will let the group know if I get any new activity tomorrow..........

What a great support group we have here on the DIS !!! Love you guys !!! Here is to counting down the days !!!!

:santa::santa::santa:

Try using mydisneyreservation.com to check in. I could not check in through MDE after multiple attempts. I found this website on another thread here on the boards and it worked like a charm!:goodvibes

You do not need to get an invite. All of the resorts will be live by then so you will be able to participate. November check-ins should go live soon...maybe a week or two. Keep checking your MDE account and these boards.

Once you are able to customize MBs the link will go from "Manage Magic Bands" to "Customize Magic Bands". For October check-ins there was a glitch where those who had already done on line check in did not get the "Customize MBs" link. They had to go into on line check in again, hit submit/done and then the link went live. That may happen for November check ins as well so just be aware.

Happy waiting! :)

Thank you! That explains so much... simply and easy! :hippie:

If it should turn out that they do not become eligible (Disney decides not to extend the testing into November), can I just leave our Magic Bands at home and just use KTTW cards like our friends?

I would bring the Magic Bands.They will work to get you on the Magical Express, if you are using it. They will also open your resort room, hold your park tickets, and let you charge things without pulling out your KTTW cards. If you don't want to use FP+ because your friends might not have it, that's understandable. But for the rest of it, I'd use the band. Most people really like them. :goodvibes

Try using mydisneyreservation.com to check in. I could not check in through MDE after multiple attempts. I found this website on another thread here on the boards and it worked like a charm!:goodvibes

When you use this link, it only gives you the option for 3 room requests
1. pack & play (don't need)
2. near transportation
3. ground floor

The MDE allowed you to request a specific floor, even though it did not go thru all the way............

I may wait a few days to see if MDE gets to working properly........ (I could be waiting a while, right?)

Hi, We are going to be in WDW from November 4-15. And I am trying to understand the whole Magic Band roll out. We are staying at BWV and then VGF. I have been on MDE and added my resort reservations. Once when I went on it asked if I wanted to link tickets. My DH is retired Military so we will be purchasing Military Salute tickets AFTER we arrive at WDW. Without tickets attached to MDE,will I be asked to customize Magic Bands?? Also without Magic Bands,I will NOT be able to do FP+ before arriving at WDW. Is that correct?? Thanks to anyone that can help me understand :). Joan

Hi, We are going to be in WDW from November 4-15. And I am trying to understand the whole Magic Band roll out. We are staying at BWV and then VGF. I have been on MDE and added my resort reservations. Once when I went on it asked if I wanted to link tickets. My DH is retired Military so we will be purchasing Military Salute tickets AFTER we arrive at WDW. Without tickets attached to MDE,will I be asked to customize Magic Bands?? Also without Magic Bands,I will NOT be able to do FP+ before arriving at WDW. Is that correct?? Thanks to anyone that can help me understand :). Joan

You will be able to customize MBs, when November opens. You will not be able to schedule FP+ without linked tickets. Correct!

Ok I am super frustratded.

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?

I cannot add any fireworks parades or anything to MDE!?! Our start date it Nov 9.

Os it too soon to do this!? It always tells me "no times available" of its too soon then when can I do it?

If you haven't already participated in testing from an earlier visit, November is not open to you yet.

We will be checking to POFQ in Nov 17th. I can do on-line check in tomorrow. I got my reservations through a travel agent. Will this affect my online check in? I have everything linked in MDE and ready to go. I also read somewhere that you have to do online check in before you can do Magic Bands, etc. Is that true? I just miss the days of going to Disney, picking up some fast passes and going with the flow. I hope this gets easier but it sure is confusing now.

We are nov 8 th and still waiting

We will be checking to POFQ in Nov 17th. I can do on-line check in tomorrow. I got my reservations through a travel agent. Will this affect my online check in? I have everything linked in MDE and ready to go. I also read somewhere that you have to do online check in before you can do Magic Bands, etc. Is that true? I just miss the days of going to Disney, picking up some fast passes and going with the flow. I hope this gets easier but it sure is confusing now.

We have reservations at POFQ for 10/20/13. We have not utilized the online check in and we were sent Magicbands.

You can still do on-line check in if you use a TA. (I do it all the time). Also, I scheduled all my magic band/FP+ stuff for September before I did on-line check in.

Try not to stress, I know it seems complicated now but it really wasn't that big of a deal as you actually use it. (And this from a doom & gloomer!)

So for those of us going in November, will it still be in testing phase? Just rolled out to all resorts for testing?? I am so worried about how all of this will affect our trip. I am trying not to think about it, but the planner in me is worried. Should we still be able to pull regular FP- in November if we participate in MB and FP+? Also, we are going in April as well. If we get MBs now will we HAVE TO participate in FP+ in April? Not sure we want to give up FP- until we have to.

These are all really good questions although I'm not sure anybody knows the answers.
We're all just waiting to see what move disney will make next. Try not to stress about it yet. I have a feeling it's gonna be a few weeks before we know what's going on with Nov.

Unless I am reading wrong, from what I have read out there, It looks like testing may or may not end as of Oct 31st. But looking like all Disney Hotel guest will still get the MB and FB+ going forward for Nov. and Dec. Also, that most likely that the FP+ and Reg. FP will still be available thru the holidays because of them not being able to communicate the changes in time for the busy crowds. For your April trip, it seems like once you have the MB you are able to use them on future trips and if I were a betting man, I would think by April that the Reg. FP's would be gone by then.

Ok so this is a little off topic but... lets pretend we all get MB/FP+! Is there any good threads, blogs, articles about which are the best rides and times to schedule? We plan on being at rope drop, touring until 11:30ish, eating lunch, heading back to the resort for a nap, stay at the resort until dinner time around 5ish, then touring until the kiddos are ready for bed :angel: I hear that rope drop time there is little to no waits for most rides so FP+ wouldn't make sense to schedule then. I really am excited about all these changes but I don't know what to do once we are able to schedule anything :rotfl2: Anyone else? :grouphug:

Unless I am reading wrong, from what I have read out there, It looks like testing may or may not end as of Oct 31st. But looking like all Disney Hotel guest will still get the MB and FB+ going forward for Nov. and Dec. Also, that most likely that the FP+ and Reg. FP will still be available thru the holidays because of them not being able to communicate the changes in time for the busy crowds. For your April trip, it seems like once you have the MB you are able to use them on future trips and if I were a betting man, I would think by April that the Reg. FP's would be gone by then.

From what I understand, it seems as though they will continue testing with only Disney resort guests in November. My speculation is that everything will remain as it has been, but with it now open to all Disney resort guests. Testing has still not been conducted with off site guests or local guests, so I'd imagine that is the next step before anything goes live - at which point paper FP will go offline from what I have read.

Testing has still not been conducted with off site guests or local guests, so I'd imagine that is the next step before anything goes live - at which point paper FP will go offline from what I have read.

CMs are currently testing the day-guest/off-site guest system so that part is coming soon. I agree with you though, that November will be just for all resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter